Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisdom Teeth

Pretty much had the same experience as AaronS. Pulled all 4 in 1 visit. Pretty much uneventful except that "cracking sound". Psychologically harsh.

Doc said the wizzies were begining to "ingrow" towards the molars and could cause tooth decay, or even worse, shifting of the whole set if not removed.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Lili Thomlin reckoned the pain of childbirth to passing a watermellon thru your nostril...

Craig Watanabe reckoned the pain of root canal with no numbing like having a hot spear rammed thru one ear and out the other
    ROTFLMAO!
    Last edited by Pomai; October 12, 2005, 07:12 PM. Reason: Added content
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      Pretty much had the same experience as AaronS. Pulled all 4 in 1 visit. Pretty much uneventful except that "cracking sound". Psychologically harsh.

Doc said the wizzies were begining to "ingrow" towards the molars and could cause tooth decay, or even worse, shifting of the whole set if not removed.
      Sh$t that cracking sound was very psychologically harsh. The upside of it
      is though that will be my impetus to take better care of my teeth. I never
      want to go through that again.

The two top teeth were decaying and the bottom ones were on a path to ingrow so thats why I had to get them removed.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        Thanks for bringing up the pain and memories of my wisdom teeth removal.

The wearing off of the novicane wasn't bothersome, it was the sight of the needle that the dentist accidently showed me before he gave me more.
        That needle/syringe is amazing, isn't it!!! 'Bout the size of a harpoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Some people, like kevin_jay, just don't have any at all. They're MUTANTS! (I only had three, myself.)
          Mutant?

ha ha, I guess I just got lucky huh! Doesn't sound like I am missing out on much anyway.

Comment

I still get all mines(and I'm 38). My longtime dentist(Dr. Hatanaka in HiKai) took a wait-and-see approach, told me not to have them out unless they were bothering me. One on my right upper jaw has come in partially crooked and another dentist told me it would be very difficult to remove since it has fused with the bone(?)... I am not in pain but am worried it might be a problem someday. In the meantime I brush, floss and Listerine like crazy...

Comment

Today is Saturday and since yesterday afternoon I have
              been doing quite well.I weaned myself off of the vicodin
              and I only had to take two aspin last night. My mom
              is still surprised how well I did.
              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
              The Kona Blog

Comment

wow you must have been in pain cuz you're lisping in text too
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  Some people, like kevin_jay, just don't have any at all. They're MUTANTS! (I only had three, myself.)
                  Well I must be another form of the Mutants because I had my wisdom teeth removed twice. Once during my late teens and the other during my late 30's.

Comment

Working...
                  X