uneventful. Three of them came out really easily, the fourth
    one was stubborn. Through the process I didn't feel much
    pain until the last one. The novicane is wearing off, so
    luckily I got prescribed some Vicodin. The most eerie thing
    was the crunching sound.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Wisdom Teeth

Yeah isn't that sound weird. You know you should be screaming but don't feel the pain!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I hope the process has improved since 1969. My college roomie had two removed on Friday afternoon, spent the whole weekend in bed (in agony), and had the remaining two pulled Monday afternoon.

I had four regular teeth pulled for orthodontistry purposes, and thus my wisdom teeth came in with no troubles.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The oral surgeon I went to did a really top shape job. I have had no swelling
        and some pain [Luckily I have some vicodin that was prescribed]. The crunching
        was totally eerie honestly.
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Thanks for bringing up the pain and memories of my wisdom teeth removal.

The wearing off of the novicane wasn't bothersome, it was the sight of the needle that the dentist accidently showed me before he gave me more.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Actually I should've had this done years ago..as I'm almost 30. The wearing
            off the novicane made me thankful I had some vicodin. It really started to
            hurt a little while ago. Now i feel all high
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Having mine out was only slightly more painful than childbirth. I was on painkillers for weeks, it seemed like. As they go, it probably wasn't that bad, but at the time I thought I was going to die.

Comment

Actually pain wise it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be honestly.
                Thank goodness for Novicane and Vicodin.
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Aaron's experience sounds like mine - fairly smooth and not that painful. Afterwards, though, I found that my neck muscles were really sore, from more than an hour of unconsciously straining against all the pulling and pushing that my dentist was doing while he was in there. And I had huge bruises all over my jaw, as if somebody had beaten me up. They faded from purple to sickly green to pale yellow before eventually disappearing. And yeah, that hollow cracking noise is something else.

Comment

Gosh, it was so loong ago...I forgot how it felt! I was only 19 years young!

Auntie Lynn

Get well soon!
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      And yeah, that hollow cracking noise is something else.
                      wow!!! I must be really lucky. I was born without wisdom teeth....

Comment

Strangely I have no swelling or bruising.It is sore granted, but I'm not like dying or something . The whole process took less than hour for me, so I'm
                        not sore except around my mouth...grrr. I'll always remember that cracking sound to always take care of my teeth.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kevin_jay
                          wow!!! I must be really lucky. I was born without wisdom teeth....

Hmmm your wisdom teeth usually don't pop out until some point in your latter teenage years.

I had all four of mine yanked at the same time other than the four big puka's it was a painless event.

Probably the most intense dentistry I've ever had was field root canal work without the benefit of novocaine. My dentist wanted to numb the area as we sat in the green room at KHVH. I told him that I cannot go on the air with my mouth all numbed up.

So he cracked the top of the tooth and dug thru the nerves until he hit that one big mutha of a nerve that you aren't supposed to touch. That in itself was an incredibly painful procedure...that is until he touched that major nerve. The pain wrapped around my face twice then up and around my forehead to the base of my neck then shot down my spine. I think I'd have taken the pain better if I had been shot in the head instead.

Oh by the way the sustained pain lasted about 10-minutes then I was totally okay after that.

Lili Thomlin reckoned the pain of childbirth to passing a watermellon thru your nostril...

Craig Watanabe reckoned the pain of root canal with no numbing like having a hot spear rammed thru one ear and out the other
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            Get well soon!
                            Thanks I'm doing quite well. Kinda shocked my mom I up and about when she came home.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              Hmmm your wisdom teeth usually don't pop out until some point in your latter teenage years.
                              Some people, like kevin_jay, just don't have any at all. They're MUTANTS! (I only had three, myself.)

Comment

Working...
                              X