This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Baked Kalbi Short-ribs and BBQ Chicken, Kernal Corn with Butter, Kim Chee, Iced Tea. and Hot Steam Rice.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

2 slices of diced tomato, black olive, and extra cheese pan pizza with a huge bottle of water.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Feeling Clammy

Clam Dip with Ruffles Chips. It's Friday, so wash down with one of them cold green things.

Aunty Nalani's Ono Clam Dip
        2 eight oz. blocks Philadelphia cream cheese - softened at room temperature
        1 tspn. Worcestershire Sauce (adjust to your taste)
        1 tspn. Lemon Juice (adjust to your taste)
        1 can minced clams - drained and save brine (add more if you like it really clammy)
        1/3 cup cream (don't substitute with milk, it doesn't taste as good)
        Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Use an electric cake beater/mixer and combine cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and cream until fully combined and smooth. Slowly add clam brine until a smooth dip-like consistency is achieved. Fold in minced clams with a spoon until fully incorporated. Season with cracked black pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

This dip is delicious with Ruffles regular Potato Chips (gotta be Ruffles!), Pretzels and those new Pita Chips from "Cosco's".
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Feeling Clammy

Tonight, dinner at home with husband:

Slices of ham, fried
          Red potatoes, steamed
          Caesar salad
          Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Kid at the roller rink every Friday night:

eating God only knows what

Comment

Re: Feeling Clammy

Originally posted by Pomai
            Clam Dip with Ruffles Chips. It's Friday, so wash down with one of them cold green things.

Aunty Nalani's Ono Clam Dip
            2 eight oz. blocks Philadelphia cream cheese - softened at room temperature
            1 tspn. Worcestershire Sauce (adjust to your taste)
            1 tspn. Lemon Juice (adjust to your taste)
            1 can minced clams - drained and save brine (add more if you like it really clammy)
            1/3 cup cream (don't substitute with milk, it doesn't taste as good)
            Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Use an electric cake beater/mixer and combine cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and cream until fully combined and smooth. Slowly add clam brine until a smooth dip-like consistency is achieved. Fold in minced clams with a spoon until fully incorporated. Season with cracked black pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

This dip is delicious with Ruffles regular Potato Chips (gotta be Ruffles!), Pretzels and those new Pita Chips from "Cosco's".

That's a variation on one I use for the Super Bowl party I go to every year. Oddly, people will eat it with Doritos, too. Good stuff!
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

In the Navy You Can Sail The Seven Seas

Originally posted by Linkmeister
              That's a variation on one I use for the Super Bowl party I go to every year. Oddly, people will eat it with Doritos, too. Good stuff!
              Any flavored chip used with a dip is just overkill for me. But yeah.. that Clam Dip recipe rocks!

Throwing a Bon Voyage pah'tay for my Merchant Marine buddy. Makin' some good ole' backyard Pulehu-style hamburgers with full serve-yourself topping station, including my favorite, da' swiss cheese and butter-sauteed mushrooms! Hot deli-style steak fries on da' side. Choke Poke and Tako fo' pupu. Ehh... Who going stock da' coolah?
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: In the Navy You Can Sail The Seven Seas

Any flavored chip used with a dip is just overkill for me.

I am happy to scarf flavored chips dipped into two dips with cheese on them too, and washed down with beer, with a beer chaser. Bring on the overkill.

Comment

Your Asparagus is Touching My Mushrooms

Yours truly in the kitchen tonight. One of our favorites! Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms c/o Wolfgang Puck. Simple meal in itself. If you're a pasta lover, you MUST try this recipe*... absolutely delizioso!

Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Add dry Penne Pasta to boiling salted water and cook until slightly under al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a large saute pan or Wok, add fresh raw asparagus, chopped in 1" sections, sliced fresh white mushrooms (or your favorite variety), minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and oregano and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add about 1 cup of canned chicken stock and a dab of butter. Allow stock to reduce to half.

When stock is reduced and asparagus and mushrooms are al dente, add the Penne, turn down heat and gently combine. Finish cooking everything together until Penne is fully cooked. Season with Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese) and chiffonade of Basil.

A good glass of your favorite cheap wine rounds out this dish to date-plate perfection.

Also works great as an accompaniment to grilled meats and fish.

*Measurements were left out because we don't have it. Yet, this is one of those dishes you can ad lib measurements to your own taste. With Asparagus and Mushrooms, you can't go wrong! You can also substitute the pasta with your own favorite, such as Tortellini or even Linguine. You may also add other ingredients such as onions and carrots, but it's best to keep it simple.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Your Asparagus is Touching My Mushrooms

Yours truly in the kitchen tonight. One of our favorites! Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms c/o Wolfgang Puck. Simple meal in itself. If you're a pasta lover, you MUST try this recipe*... absolutely delizioso!

Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Add dry Penne Pasta to boiling salted water and cook until slightly under al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a large saute pan or Wok, add fresh raw asparagus, chopped in 1" sections, sliced fresh white mushrooms (or your favorite variety), minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and oregano and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add about 1 cup of canned chicken stock and a dab of butter. Allow stock to reduce to half.

When stock is reduced and asparagus and mushrooms are al dente, add the Penne, turn down heat and gently combine. Finish cooking everything together until Penne is fully cooked. Season with Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese) and chiffonade of Basil.

A good glass of your favorite cheap wine rounds out this dish to date-plate perfection.

Also works great as an accompaniment to grilled meats and fish.

*Measurements were left out because we don't have it. Yet, this is one of those dishes you can ad lib measurements to your own taste. With Asparagus and Mushrooms, you can't go wrong! You can also substitute the pasta with your own favorite, such as Tortellini or even Linguine. You may also add other ingredients such as onions and carrots, but it's best to keep it simple.
                    sounds ono.... do you recommend white or red wine?
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

Re: Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms
                      Originally posted by alohabear
                      sounds ono.... do you recommend white or red wine?
                      Cabernet Sauvignon (red). If we're having wine with a special meal, it's usually that. Merlot (red) works too.

But hey, if you like White Zinfandel or other, go for it!

Of course a Sommelier will say, "Because your dish is earthy yet light, I'd recommend Tannin this and acidity that"... yadda yadda yadda.

Even one of Kimo's custom-made Mai Tai or Bud Light would work.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Super early dinner of chicken ceaser salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Re: Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

That sounds delightful. Even a Reisling would go well with it. We do a heckuva lot of pasta around here. After all, it's white and my kids won't eat a rainbow. At least my 4-year-old won't!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Chicken rice soup (chook) again. Hot tea (passion orange flavor).

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 19, 2005, 05:26 PM. Reason: forgot the i in passion. why? badda you? don't let it!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Phonetically it's Jook, but we prefer Turkey

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              Chicken rice soup (chook) again.
                              Auntie Lynn, hope you throw in chopped Choong Choi (salted turnips). Das' da' secret to a good pot of Chook! (a.k.a. Juk or Jook). Plus, no fo'get da' Water Chestnuts.

I'll share my recipe for Jook (Chook) later after Thanksgiving.

Tonight's Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin) for me. GF's havin' Chic' Noodle Soup.

Rainy-kinda'-stay-home-evening for us.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hope the rain falls here! We've got lots of clouds and it's sooo soupy! I made thin and crispy spinach pizza and margharita pizza from CPK in the Dangerousway freezer case. They were on sale a while back. Kid 2 actually liked the spinach one! Wow.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X