Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Default Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Salad, pizza and torandoes from Sam's Club. With a bottle of orange Gaterode to wash it down.

Luau at the St. Louis Alumi Clubhouse.

Default Taste of Honolulu 2006

Ate "dinner" at the Taste of Honolulu tonight.

Edit: I moved my posting to a thread I see was already started on that.
    Last edited by Pomai; June 24th, 2006 at 12:13 AM.

Dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

Flu prep pizza...it's the end of the month, so I get creative, and we practice for BF.

One raw pizza dough, covered in canned tomato paste, sprinkled with oregano, basil, and thyme, topped with dehydrated hamburger, onions, peppers, and mushrooms, grated canned cheese, and a can of olives. A splash of spiced olive oil, and baked I5 minutes at 400f....Mmmmm!

I didn't rehydrate the beef and vegetables, I just used a 'soppier' sauce, and let it sit for about ten minutes, before baking. It worked just fine.

Now, if I could just figure out how to can chorizo sausage, like in those big green cans, at Longs...

Had dinner at Shabu Shabu Time last night. They're located across Sam's Club and Walmart in town. There was a big write-up on them on the back page of the Dining Out Section of yesterday's advertiser and we thought we'd give them a try. Food was good and the sauces were great. It's also BYOB, so you can bring in your drinks, too.
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Plate lunch from U-Choice Drive Inn.

Southwest chicken wrap, beef and cheddar sandwich, fries and Diet Coke from Arby's.

Mmmmm. Finally checked out the Green Door on Pauahi. We had a chicken curry, the spicy jumbo shrimp, an eggplant-tofu veggie stir-fry, two orders of the flatbread, and one order of the coconut rice. My friends and I were all very impressed, and we greatly enjoyed our meals. I was especially taken with the combination of the lightly-flavored, fluffy coconut rice and the chicken curry.

We ate off of styrene plates with plastic utensils. The food was brought to us in halves of styrene take-out plates. We sat on aluminum folding chairs. There were four tables in the place, and we got there first, but by the time we left there were people waiting outside.

I wouldn't try to order any kind of modifications to the orders as they're presented. We had great difficulty communicating with our waitress.

All that? Worth it. The three of us spent about twelve bucks each, including tip. Highly recommended.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

We had feedstore soup. Soaked and boiled feedstore wheat berries, with dehydrated garbanzos, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, leeks, garlic, and a handful of dried mushrooms, crushed to a powder. Tomato paste and vegetable stock, to simmer. Cornbread to dunk. Milk to drink. And strawberry-banana frozen smoothies for desert.

It is what used to be known as $5 Friday ... but prices have gone up.

Nevertheless, we're having inexpensive Milena's take-n-bake pizza from Safeway tonight ... with a side-salad, if I feel like making one.

It's not Boston's white spino-and-gahlic (among my all-time favorites), but the sausage and pepperoni pizzas will suffice, on my budget (just one pie, even with salad, is not enough for my brood).

Two pizzas for like, $12 with my Safeway club card. I'm okay with that.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Afta today's hearty lunch...MAMA & I had Tacos from Jack-In-Da Box!

Ice tea foa me and coffee foa her.

Foa dessert ~ Cheese Cake!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

A whole chicken, roasted on a bed of smallish onions, rice, and peas. Then we had more chocolate and coconut covered frozen bananas. Milk to drink.

BBQ Chicken from Yummy's BBQ.

We had prep lasagna. Dehydrated hamburger, onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, canned mushrooms and spaghetti sauce, all mixed with very liquid tomato sauce, to make an extra-soppy sauce. Then a thin white sauce, made with a touch of mustard and some vegetable broth powder and milk. Then some grated canned cheese and home-made ricotta. All multi-layered with raw lasagna sheets...if you make the sauces a bit more soppy than usual, you don't have to cook the pasta first...just don't let it sit around, uncooked, bake it right after assembling, or it gets all gooey. The top layer was the white sauce, with grated cheese and breadcrumbs on top of that.

As the oven was already on, I did a chocolate cake, too. Mix 1/4 c vinegar, two eggs, a cup of oil, and 2 c water, 2 C sugar, 1/2 t salt, 3 c flour, 2 t baking soda, and 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa. If you like, you can add a cup of coconut, too. Mix it for about two minutes, and bake at 350-375f for about 40 minutes, or til a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean. (9x13" pan) Frost with a bar of dark chocolate melted and stirred with a dollop of cream or canned milk. If you are feeling creative, split the cake horizontally and fill with raspberry jam and whipped cream.

Wow! Susie, I gotta admit you have a way in describing FOOD! I'm hungry now!

May I have the Chicken recipe too.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Ultimate cheeseburger, onion rings, a couple of tacos and a large cup of iced water.

Salad, polish sausage and a bottle of water.

Pastrami sub sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Salads from Foodland, some turkey, some lettuce, some cheese and a bottle of orange Gatorade while watching a tape of Gigantor.

Cheeseburger and fries from Dillingham Cafe. Just learned that burger/steak/seafood place in the food court at Ala Moana uses frozen patties, which probably means no onions, which means I can eat the burgers, so I wanna try that place some day.

Our fridge died on Sunday, so we've been living out of the pantry for three days. Not too bad for me, but my wife and kids who are home all day pretty much used all their creativity to keep fed.

So, tonight, as the brand new fridge got going, we celebrated with dinner at Chili's. Chicken quesadillas for me, a build-your-own burger for Kilinahe, and the kids had pasta, pizza, and a corn dog, mixed and matched among 'em. Then we crossed the lot to Baskin & Robins for dessert!

Mediterranean pasta salad from Costco. My taste buds, all 15% of 'em, luuuuuuved it!

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    [...]So, tonight, as the brand new fridge got going[...]
    Hmmm...was that your new fridge I saw hitching a ride in the back of a pick-up truck and heading ewa on the H-1 during my drive home today?

Mushroom chicken plate lunch and Mountain Dew from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast