This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 1

Bowl of yogurt burst Cheerios, OJ and my daily cup of Kona coffee!
    Lovena

Comment

Bowl of Cream Of Wheat, a pear and my daily cup of Kona coffee.
      Lovena

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I lack in the breakfast dept. I get the girls breakfast and by the time I steer hurricanes Kid 1 and Kid 2 out the door, into the van, and to their respective schools, I've usually managed to forget me. But sometimes I don't. Like last Friday I had a tuna salad sandwich on toast. It was terrific. Saturday on the way to dance class, I treated the girls to spam McGriddles and I had the pair of breakfast burritos.
        Daily I drop into Starbucks for my venti-nonfat-peppermint-mocha-with-whipped and ussually pair it with a granola bar from a package bought at Costco. Why? Because I buy something "healthy" for the kids and they turn up their noses. Someone has to eat it!
        Both kids love cinnamon toast. Kid one likes scrambled eggs. Both love Eggos as long as I draw pretty pictures on top with whipped cream.

If I'm good or have time, I like vanilla nonfat yogurt mixed with a chopped up granola bar, or better yet, wirh home made vanilla granola mixed with dried cranberries. I also like those pink grapefruit sections from Costco. Another favorite is a piece of the LaBrea bread. It has to be a day or two old with cold butter on top, French, Ciabata, or rosemary olive (in that order).
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Brown sugar & cinnamon Pop Tarts. Hey, it's quick, with a good dose of sugar.

Comment

Scrambled Eggs, toast and cup of apple juice.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
              I'm ashamed to say I lack in the breakfast dept. I get the girls breakfast and by the time I steer hurricanes Kid 1 and Kid 2 out the door, into the van, and to their respective schools, I've usually managed to forget me.

Lavagal, surely you don't give those two hurricanes a breakfast laden with sugar in it right? If so, that's probably half the reason they turn into hurricanes!

If you're on the go, try out Helen's TWIK, half of a TWIX. Only half the calories, sugar and carbs as a whole bar. Maybe chase it with a Diet Coke.

Today's Ouaker Instant Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar. Easy, just add hot water. Perfect for the desk. Hot Lipton Tea (caffeinated).
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

My mistake in typing Twik instead of Twix and I did eat both bars on Friday morning.

Today, Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars and a bottle of Mountain Dew.
                Last edited by helen; October 17, 2005, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I don't usually eat breakfast. Maybe once or twice a month, I'll stop in McD's and have the hotcakes (no sausage) and a pint of milk. But usually, I just wait and have an early lunch.

Comment

Two thick slices toasted French bread, 1 fried chicken wing and coffee.

Comment

I tried the Loco Moco at Diner's and it is definitely worth the price.

Comment

Hawaii the Quaker State

Originally posted by helen
                        My mistake in typing Twik instead of Twix and I did eat both bars on Friday morning.
                        Ssshhhh, quiet. Don't tell Lavagal that. Way too much sugar.

Today's Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple n' Brown Sugar flavor with sliced Banana added in. Tastes like an apple-bannana pie! Can o' H.S. Lite Passio-Guava juice n' a Cup-o-joe.
                        Last edited by Pomai; October 18, 2005, 09:44 AM. Reason: Sugar rush ruined my typing
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

one piece of dry crusty bread, the heel from the end of the loaf.
                          half glass of water.

Cat had one can of fancy feast, a heaping tablespoon of fresh ahi, and milk.

Our dog had filet mignon served with a little gravy he likes me to whip up fresh from scratch. Only way he will eat his medium rare meat.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            one piece of dry crusty bread, the heel from the end of the loaf.
                            half glass of water.

Cat had one can of fancy feast, a heaping tablespoon of fresh ahi, and milk.

Our dog had filet mignon served with a little gravy he likes me to whip up fresh from scratch. Only way he will eat his medium rare meat.
                            Kimo brah, that pussy's got you truly and well whipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              ain't it da troot.
                              But now she sure likes to snuggle...

Comment

Cats N' Dogs gotta' eat too!

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                I know the feeling.

Kimo, just hope your wife or GF isn't the one eating the dog's Alpo.

Also, that cat's Ahi better be Sashimi grade, or it's goin' to the dog!

Try give the doggie some A-1 for the steak. Much easier than making gravy from scratch.
                                Last edited by Pomai; October 18, 2005, 10:16 AM. Reason: Sugar rush ruined my typing
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X