Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

What costume theme are you or da' keedz gonna' do this year? Just pass out candy? Go to a Haunted House? Hit Waikiki? Restaurant Row? Gotta' work? Nothing at all. Or, think Halloween is evil and should be banned?

Costume themes I've done in the recent past have been Kikaida, Hakaida-01, Kamen Rider, Fighter Pilot and Maori Warrior.

This year our office gang's gonna' be an AC/DC air band. Yours truly as Brian Johnson, boss as Angus Young (lead guitar), Graphic Artist #1 on drums. Totally exaggerated "head-banger" comic routine. It's gonna' be a riot!

Girlfriend said she might be the girl in The Ring (see my avatar).
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Halloween

It's Antonio's 1st Halloween. We're dressing him up a Tigger from Winnie Da Pooh. Cute outfit -- fits him puurrfect!

Me, I'm scary enough as, Auntie Pupule!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      Or, think Halloween is evil and should be banned?
      covered in many halloween threads here, such as these.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=2451

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=3447

Comment

quoted: "prejudicial disdain for Halloween smacks of religious intolerance and fanaticism"

Wow, heavy stuff. Never thought twice about Halloween. Loved it every year.

Speakin' of "witch", Halloween's fallin' on a Monday this year!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

quoted: "prejudicial disdain for Halloween smacks of religious intolerance and fanaticism"

Wow, heavy stuff. Never thought twice about Halloween. Loved it every year.
          you would not believe the heavyhanded anti Halloween sentiments resulting in ridiculous measures across the you essay in schools, homes, communities, all for the sake of appearing to convey the latest absurd degree of political correctness.

Comment

Re: Anti-Halloween Sentiments

Originally posted by kimo55
            you would not believe the heavyhanded anti Halloween sentiments resulting in ridiculous measures
            Waikiki Halloween several years ago, this group of guys were DRESSED as Anti-Halloween Protesters. That was their costume theme! Black pants with white collar shirt and tie. Hair groomed nicely. Holding Bibles and Signs that said, "Repent" and "Sinners". Shouting out scriptures to the crowd.

The look on the crowd's face was like, "look at these idiots".

We didn't realize they were actually putting on a skit until they would stop and start laughing. We overheard them joking with each other and the crowd.

I'm not gonna' argue whether they'll be sent to hell or not for doing that, but it was a funny as "hell" to watch!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Anti-Halloween Sentiments

About five years ago we were staying at the Hale Koa and walking along the beach there at sunset when a guy on one of those old fashioned bikes with the big front wheel came riding by with a spooky mardi gras type feather mask on. It was wonderful.

I don't dress up for Halloween much anymore, but I thought it would be fun if my husband and I dressed like Morticia and Gomez Adams. I would be Gomez, and he would be Morticia. But he said no to being in drag.

Comment

[...]Gotta' work? [...]
                BINGO! Not a problem, tho'. As a kid my dad always took me to Western Costume in Hollywood to select my Halloween costume. After we moved from the area, Halloween was never the same!

Comment

I gotta work. But it's still in a Halloween theme. The Bishop Museum puts on a "Treat Street" for the keiki from 5:30 till 8pm. And my costume? Security Guard.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I have too much love and respect for the (memory of the) childhood version of Halloween to participate in the awful adult version. That, and I don't wear wigs.

Comment

Girlfriend said she might be the girl in The Ring (see my avatar).

I gotta say that Avatar of yours is spooky. When it's the eye, it looks to me like a little girl with hair looking through a railing. I am eager for you to change that spooky stuff!
                      Last edited by helen; October 14, 2005, 12:00 AM. Reason: fix the quote tag
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I don't do much during Halloween except for maybe catch a spooky movie or something on cable or home video. I think Halloween is either the 2nd or 3rd most popular retail holiday after Christmas.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I have no idea of what I'm going to be. I know that my church is going to put on a halloween party though. I might dress up as a ninja.
                          backwoodlessons2

Comment

Regarding Churches, every year a church in Maui does a "haunted house" thing called HELLS NIGHT.

But instead of using the usual scary monsters and horror movie gore stuff, they base it on the LESSONS IN REAL LIFE.

Church members participate in mini-skits such as the effects of becoming an ice addict, a family member goes to an accident scene where their sibling had just been killed by a drunk driver, a wife comes out screaming after her husband just beat her up.... that kinda' stuff.

My GF said she's seen many people walk out of HELLS NIGHT literally CRYING.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

every year a church in Maui does a "haunted house" thing called HELLS NIGHT.

Church members participate in mini-skits .....
                              yea.agreed. that would be hell to sit through.

Comment

Working...
                              X