Fisherman's Wharf Closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fisherman's Wharf Closing?

They (the restaurant) brought on it's own demise as far as losing "us" locals. The quality of the dishes really did go down. The last time I went, I took both my wife and mother and none of us were impressed. I had been going there since I was a kid. And the food was really great. People don't mind spending alittle more for atmosphere as long as the food is a cut above.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

well that sounds like a real generalisation.
      here's another. generally, many people i talk with find the L.M. fare is just adequate, almost truck stop. BUT... the atmosphere, thradition, and company, (our ohana...) compensate.

Comment

Kimo I am so tired of you only finding negative stuff to say about anything I write on any topic. So just shut the _-_-_-_ up already and leave me alone. It's not humorous, it's not educational, it's just condesending, confrontational drivel. Enough already.
        Last edited by Menehune Man; October 18, 2005, 12:28 AM. Reason: 'cause it's my post and I can...
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

i'll be sorry to see fisherman's wharf go, because that is where i found my kick ass drummer...i was in there with a group of friends for my friend's birthday (she wanted to dance), and there was a house/jazz ensemble playing...2 saxes, 1 acoustic guitar, a deejay spinning grooves and a bad-ass drummer wailing on a full kit equipped with a variety of world music percussion...

after several cocktails and during the band's set break, i introduced myself, told him about my band needing a drummer, and the rest is honolulu irish pub rock history...

i also interviewed the girl band "Forte" there...Nancy Bernal was their manager, and she and her husband al waterson ran the karaoke night there for years...he ended up in my article for Go! Magazine as ed bernal...a silly mistake on my part, but now i have a name if i ever go back to playing punk rock: "Ed Bernal's Revenge"

i've eatent there a bunch of times with my family, usually entertaining out-of-town guests...i like that it's dark in there, and there's something about wood that makes an establishment more appealing to me...

RIP Fisherman's Wharf!
          Last edited by jdub; October 18, 2005, 12:32 AM. Reason: shpellings
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
            Kimo I am so tired.... leave me alone. Enough already.
            ok, dude. will try...

Comment

Does anybody know when exactly it's closing yet?

I've never been because I heard negative things about the food from trusted friends. (When given the choice between a place with excellent food but bad/ok ambience or a place with excellent ambience but only ok food, I prefer the excellent food place every time, but that's just me.) However, I'd like to check out their evening Living Room event one of these days before the restaurant is gone forever...

Comment

I frequent LR on Saturday evenings for their evening SpeakEasy parties, and yes, it is going to close, but not for at least another year. I have never eaten there (have not heard good things about the restaurant), but love Saturday nites there. They bring down talented djs from all over the world (US, Japan, Australia, etc), and have great resident djs. This is where you house heads can come party it up till 4 in the morning.

I usually hit it after midnight, and it usually starts pumping about 2am when people have closed out other clubs. I don't have the dj names on me now, but Oct 29 there is a guest dj, as well as Nov 12 when there will be one from Japan.

I highly recommend checking it out on a Sat night if you like house music...ever since Buddha Bar closed, this is the newfound hotspot. It's easy to access, always has parking before 1am, and you can dress down (casual jeans, tshirt, sneakers) or dress up (suit or glitzy glam), but we typically go in sexy hip casual wear.

The crowd varies weekend to weekend, but everyone is generally hip/cool/easygoing/sexy, ages vary from 21-whatever, and the staff is frickin' awesome.

Comment

I frequent LR on Saturday evenings for their evening SpeakEasy parties, and yes, it is going to close, but not for at least another year. I have never eaten there (have not heard good things about the restaurant), but love Saturday nites there. They bring down talented djs from all over the world (US, Japan, Australia, etc), and have great resident djs. This is where you house heads can come party it up till 4 in the morning.

I usually hit it after midnight, and it usually starts pumping about 2am when people have closed out other clubs. I don't have the dj names on me now, but Oct 29 there is a guest dj, as well as Nov 12 when there will be one from Japan.

I highly recommend checking it out on a Sat night if you like house music...ever since Buddha Bar closed, this is the newfound hotspot. It's easy to access, always has parking before 1am, and you can dress down (casual jeans, tshirt, sneakers) or dress up (suit or glitzy glam), but we typically go in sexy hip casual wear.

The crowd varies weekend to weekend, but everyone is generally hip/cool/easygoing/sexy, ages vary from 21-whatever, and the staff is frickin' awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X