Punahou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punahou

Just out of curosity, are you attending Punahou, or have you ever gone there?
    backwoodlessons2

Re: Punahou

I've gone there... for the malasadas at the carnival.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
      I think you'll find that most of us here on HawaiiThreads are old enough to teach at Punahou as opposed to being students there.

If you're looking to chat with fellow high school students, this may be the wrong forum for you.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        If you're looking to chat with fellow high school students, this may be the wrong forum for you.
        ...however, there are some Punahou grads here. Check out the where did you grad? thread and feel free to start something.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Does going to Kalani HS have some merit? I mean we were the Punahou rejects either didn't pass the entrance exam or got kicked out.

But Punahou doesn't make the best malasadas, Kamehameha Band Boosters does at their annual Hoolaulea. We made a science out of making the perfect malasadas.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Does going to Kalani HS have some merit? I mean we were the Punahou rejects either didn't pass the entrance exam or got kicked out.
            everyone i went with that got kicked out ended up at AOP or MidPac...
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

Used to work at Punahou School, retired just about 2 years ago. A very good school but NOT for everyone. One of my sons "refused" to go to Punahou, didn't even try very hard during the one on one interview...didn't get accepted went on to MPI (that's what they were called at the time) and did well.
              Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

But Punahou doesn't make the best malasadas, Kamehameha Band Boosters does at their annual Hoolaulea. We made a science out of making the perfect malasadas.
                Yes, but those were the surfers & druggies, no? A good share of National Merit Scholars have been Kalani grads. They were the ones whose parents couldn't afford Punahou.
                * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

this thread is getting to be FUNNY, very FUNNY!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
                    No.

My kids always ask me how come nobody famous graduated from my High School. I tellem' cause dey all went to Kamehameha or Punahou.
                    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Yep. c/o '85. Keoki Kerr was in my class.

Comment

Working...
                      X