Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aloha from toronto canada

hi,
    found this site on google, glad i stumbled upon it.

i noticed that there are quite a few filipinos on this site as well. kamusta sa inyong lahat. (Pilipino greeting)

O wau nĂ´ me ka mahalo,
    sinigang

Re: aloha from toronto canada

Mabuhay and welcome! I'm Auntie Lynn!!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mmmm, sinigang! I just down a bowl of mongo bean soup with the chicharons and the paria leafs... my mom made it for me for cutting her grass this afternoon...yummy.

Btw, I'm filipino but not filipino-filipino... I only know the naughty words.

Comment

hi hi to you two!

Lynn, ....auntie... why is that? You look young enough to not use auntie.

What's the demographics of HT members, mostly teens?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
          Mmmm, sinigang! I just down a bowl of mongo bean soup with the chicharons and the paria leafs... my mom made it for me for cutting her grass this afternoon...yummy.

Btw, I'm filipino but not filipino-filipino... I only know the naughty words.
          i like mongo w/ 'charon too. also with fried fish.

Comment

Re: hi hi to you two!

Originally posted by sinigang
            Lynn, ....auntie... why is that? You look young enough to not use auntie.

What's the demographics of HT members, mostly teens?
            What a lovely compliment so early in the morning! Alas, I'm turning 50 years young soon, I'm the mother of three soldiers and a grandmother to boot. Auntie to many, hence, Auntie Lynn!

Our members consist of many Professionals. When there is a topic that is heated we can go at it for days. We can seem like enemies but when one of us is attacked, we rally behind. It is a given, like any OHANA. We can joke, we can play, we know how to have fun but we also know our limits and adhere to the the rules and regulations of HT.

Please read the FAQ. Please ask if you are unsure. We are a friendly Forum. We are not mean. Honest.

What do you do? What brought you to Canada?

Take care,

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha Sinigang ~

Welcome to da treads.

I'm olda den NTLynn but she doesn't call me NT because I'm not even a Grandma. Yet. I used to be a teen, on occassion I've been accused of having dat mentality but otherwise I'm pushing triple digits.
              ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Re: hi hi to you two!

Originally posted by 1stwahine

What do you do? What brought you to Canada?
                Im an I.T professional.
                What brought me to Canada? Umm, my parents sponsored me and forced me a little to immigrate here. No regrets.

Comment

Welcome, sinigang. You're not the only Canadian on the boards (we've recently had someone join us from Victoria BC - look in the "Introductions" section.)

I'm a wee bit younger than Auntie Lynn, but not by much - I'm in Seattle, and have been to Canada many times; mostly BC, but have been to Toronto and environs. I've worked with a lot of Canadian musicians, mostly in the roots and world music areas (plus I regularly watch CBC and have a Macleans subscription.)

Have fun here - you'll hear about a lot more bands than Kalapana to listen to, by the way (referring to your post in another thread.) But if you like their sound, look into Cecilio & Kapono, Olomana, Keola & Kapono Beamer, & Country Comfort - similar sounds from that era.

Comment

Working...
                  X