X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ikea here I come!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    The prime reason you can't get a Trader Joe's in Hawai`i ---

If you did, where would all the Island visitors to Seattle go to get their omiyage to bring back home?
    Yeah, ass true, but no forget the TJs in Oregon and Nevada. I know tourists gambling in Las Vegas take time-out to go to TJs for omiyage, too. So, you are correct, if get TJs in Hawaii, den poho go shop at mainland TJs. Yeah, I know . . . I would also have to alter the source of much of my omiyage.

Me? With an IKEA in East Palo Alto and TJs in nearby Los Gatos and Campbell, no big ting. In fact, while I admit to shopping TJs all the time for good kine stuff, I've only been to the IKEA in Seattle . . . furniture for my niece in Renton.

But after reading everyone's impression of IKEA's Swedish meatballs, maybe I'll have to check 'em out. IKEA, iko !!! (I just saw a fastfood commercial with da guy saying, "Baja, iko !!!")
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
      You know, I bet I saw you but I didn't know it. I watched Ch. 7 in Boston and Ch. 10 in Providence report the IKEA opening..man..has ever a store opening received so much press? I imagine WBZ had to have been in on the act, along with 5, 7, and 10, as well. I'm going to have to make my way to Stoghton and see what the ado is all about.
      Well, there is a lot of traffic today! On the local news they showed Rte 24 and the traffic it has had all day. A point was also brought up as to why the Ikea store did not choose a more isolated area to accomodate heavy traffic. I was surprised when I found that the store did not have it's own exit ramp off of Rte 24. Man, I don't think I wanna do my Christmas shopping there....
      Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        You don't really need Ikea in Hawai'i, although I could see good reasons for having TJs and Target.
        Take some time to browse Oahu furniture stores, and what they call "bargain" furnishings.

Oh hell yes we need an IKEA in Hawaii. And my recent visit to one in L.A. reminded me of that.

Comment

Went to Ikea today and got myself some swedish meatballs, a 3.3 lb bucket of Lingonberry preserves, swiss cheese, assorted cookies and crackers and some black caviar....ono!
          Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
            Went to Ikea today and got myself some swedish meatballs, a 3.3 lb bucket of Lingonberry preserves, swiss cheese, assorted cookies and crackers and some black caviar....ono!
            Alright! Welcome to the party!

Comment

I see these new Ikea openings on TV, and I find it crazy how packed these places get. I guess I take it a little for granted because I live in Vancouver, and I am 15 to 20 mins driving distance from 2 Ikeas. My wife loves, I mean, she LOVES Ikea, and is really disappointed that there is no Ikea on O'ahu (we are moving there shortly). We bought a bunch of stuff over the weekend, and I think she's eying some more. Stocking up before she has to go into Ikea withdrawal.

Comment

Working...
              X