Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farrell's returning! Woo hoo!

Originally posted by cezanne
    [...] I liked Marie Callender's cornbread.... yeah I'm a simple kinda man.
    With the whipped honey butter? HEAVEN!!!

Comment

Okay, To All You People Out Dea, I Bet You Guy`s Never Even Know Had One Farrell`s In Maui Too! Fyi, I Was The Original Opener When The Maui Location Opened Up.
      Bob Farrell, The Founder, Of Farrell`s Ice Cream Parlor Was On Hand To Open The Maui Location.
      I Was Still In High School When I Started Working For Farrell`s And I Liked The Atmosphere, And The Decor. I Had Fun Working At The Maui Location. I Also Worked At The Pearlridge, Ala Moana, Also At The International Market Place, And The Kahala Mall.
      Good To Know The Farrell`s Ice Cream Parlor Is Still Around.
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Hey oggboy! I wuz in High School too when I went to eat my first Trough!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Woo hoo! It will be open when I come home next summer. My favorite was the triple treat hot fudge sundae. What was weird, though, was that it only came with TWO little cups of hot fudge. What the heck??

I remember Farrells at Ala Moana being located near where the pancake restaurant used to be, and where, before that, the little kiddie ride center used to be--remember that? Long, long time ago.
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

This site (loosely) claims there was a Farrell's at the following Hawaii locations..

• Pearlridge (Aiea)
            • Kahala Mall (Waialae/Kahala)
            • Ala Moana Center (Honolulu)
            • International Market Place (Waikiki)
            Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center (Waikiki)
            • Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center (Kaneohe)
            • Maui Mall (Kahului)
            Market Place at Coconut Plantation Market Place, Waipouli, Kauai

So far everyone here has verified all except: Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and Market Place on Kauai. Can anyone verify if these two locations existed?
            Last edited by Pomai; November 13, 2005, 12:27 PM. Reason: Typo
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I have fond memories of the place. But somehow I dread spoiling those memories by going back. One tends to see things differently as an adult and revisiting some of your childhood events can be disappointing.

Besides which, the ice cream is probably not as good as the higher quality stuff I ate after my keiki days. How am I going to eat a lot of junk ice cream?

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry
                I have fond memories of the place. But somehow I dread spoiling those memories by going back. One tends to see things differently as an adult and revisiting some of your childhood events can be disappointing.

Besides which, the ice cream is probably not as good as the higher quality stuff I ate after my keiki days. How am I going to eat a lot of junk ice cream?
                I hear you on that.

I used to chew cases of Fusen Japanese Bubble Gum in little league as a kid. How I loved that stuff back then!

When I recently tried it as an adult (thanks to ZZ Type), it wasn't very good. In fact, almost horrible.

Kids are so easy to please, unlike us more experienced adults.

Yet I hope you're wrong on that assumption. Farrell's was known for quality food and service. Hopefully the new Hawaii franchisee will maintain that standard.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I still remember my 10th birthday party at Farrell's Kahala Mall-we got the Zoo and my friends gave me plenny Star Wars stuff and the K-Tel Disco Fire album(LP!) -bet someone can guess what year that was...

If they open sometime before Labor Day and I know early enough to buy a cheap ticket home I will be there! I was planning on coming back home for a couple of weeks next summer and this will be even more of an incentive!

Comment

Maybe my taste buds were more mature than my age, but even as a kid I never really thought Farrell's foods were that great. Their ice cream menu was something to marvel at but again the richness wasn't as good as Dave's in Kapahulu with tons of butterfat.

You went to Farrell's mainly for the atmosphere. Really a fun place to have a birthday party or just to celebrate anything...but the food? Eh...was okay but nothing to write rave reviews on.

I guess living in East Honolulu we were spoiled with places like M&W Burgers (now dat was a great burger) and St. Louis Drive in, both on Waialae Avenue.

I went to Farrell's in Kahala Mall mainly for the treats. Lots of different candy sticks from the traditional Peppermint all the way to Rootbeer (my favorite).
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      With the whipped honey butter? HEAVEN!!!
                      Yes tutu... that's the one! Or the honey-cinnamon butter on top.

We should all go to Farrell's there for HT's birthday so they can get the free sundae with all the noise and commotion.

Comment

Hawaii Threads' Birthday @ Farrell's

We should all go to Farrell's there for HT's birthday so they can get the free sundae with all the noise and commotion.
                        Most definately.

According to Helen, Hawaii Threads made 1 year old on Saturday, April 9, 2005. Is this correct?

If so, that means HT will make 2 years old on Sunday, April 9, 2006. During the weekend... PERFECT!
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yes tutu... that's the one! Or the honey-cinnamon butter on top.

Ooooh...I never had the honey butter with cinnamon. OMG, double heaven!

As long as gas prices aren't back up to $3.60/gal. I'm up for a trek to the windward side for a scoop of ice cream and some birthday cheer. All I need to do is get my passport updated!

Comment

Surfin' around a bit, I came across this great site...

http://www.colddeadfish.net/restrevs...lls041203.html

These folks account their experience as adults visiting a then-new Farrell's in California that opened in 2002. Lots of great pictures and word-for-word accounts of their visit. Definately worth checking out.

The Candy booth and that drum... the memories!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

One time some friends of ours came to visit an we wen take them to Farrell's... I watched him eat a Trough.... could not believe he could eat the whole thing, one spoonful after anoddah. Was an experience jass watching!
                              Aloha,
                              Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                                Was Farrell's at Ala Moana located at or near where Radio Shack/Champs/Lady Foot Locker/Software, Etc. is these days?

KalihiBoy
                                Around that location. It was next to Keiki Land whcih had rides and games.

Comment

Working...
                                X