Thread: Soko Ga Shiriitai

Default Soko Ga Shiriitai

Although I enjoyed the new episodes of Big Daddy, I'm very happy to have Soko back again. It is a consistently fascinating show.

Default Re: Soko Ga Shiriitai

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Although I enjoyed the new episodes of Big Daddy, I'm very happy to have Soko back again. It is a consistently fascinating show.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! Have watched for years! So interesting and
    educational with a light side to it!

I've always been amazed by this program. I used to watch it religiously when it first aired in the early 1990s (maybe even beginning in the late 1980s), but less so now days. The series was actually cancelled in the early 1990s, but re-runs have been running on KIKU ever since, through several ownerships. That episodes are about 20 years old or more, but they're still engaging.

Count me as fascinated by it as well. Sadly, it's not aired in the Bay Area, so I have to get my fix whenever we're in Hawaii. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by NoCal Boy View Post
    Count me as fascinated by it as well. Sadly, it's not aired in the Bay Area, so I have to get my fix whenever we're in Hawaii. Love it!
    Ditto for me. Through the years, I've probably seen most of the episodes . . . many much more'n once.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

I know I'm watching repeats from years ago, but this really is one of the best shows on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I know I'm watching repeats from years ago, but this really is one of the best shows on television.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Albert. Amazingly, I was watching an episode just now. Were you watching it too, the one with the girl who wants to study opera in Italy, and the boy who is apprenticing as a sword sharpener?

What I like about this show is its very simplicity. Nothing flashy, nothing high tech or dramatic. Just a roving camera and inquisitive reporters examining ordinary people with ordinary dreams doing their ordinary (or sometimes extraordinary) things in life.

I still can't believe it's lasted so long.

Have loved this show for years! Unbelievably fun to watch and so educational!

Can't believe this is the only segment I could find from the show on YouTube. Would think there would be more posted there.

I think I need to buy a SlingBox and set it up at my MIL's house so we can watch Hawaii programming.