Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Food Network

Default Re: The Food Network

My favorite show in "Dinner Impossible." That guy Robert Irvin does some pretty mean cooking under "Nearly Impossible" circumstances. Wednesday's at 7pm, opposite Bravo's Top Chef.

i like rachel ray and ina garten. especially ina because her recipes are awesome and her cooking techniques are simple.

sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalinder View Post
    sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.
    Way too cutesy for me. Does she still match the kitchen decor with the food? Wasn't she the one that had a pink kitchen on the show when she prepared pink food? Or was it that her dress matched the kitchen? Either way, I think I watched her show once. Onnnly once......

[QUOTE=Lalalinder;159897sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but she's the hotness.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

About Sandra Lee:

I watched a bio about her. I think she was the oldest of four kids and they were orphans and she raised them and she fed them and had to come up with creative ways to save money, lived with her grandma for a while, it's really a compelling story. So when I first saw her and her schtick, I thought what a gimmick...but she deserves more credit. Do you remember that window treatment thingy AS SEEN ON TV? She INVENTED that. Talk about HOAKEY! But really. It's indicative of her drive and ambition, to rise out of the stratum to which she was born. Man, every time I'm scratching my head about what to feed my kids, I think about reaching for a can of cream of mushroom soup...and she lets me off the hook.

Anthony Bourdain is back.

I don't know which demon he shook hands with, but his former show "A Cook's Tour" is going to run a marathon this Tuesday (Christmas Day, of all days) on the Food Network.

I'm kinda' iffy on that. It was actually kinda' cool hearing him dis the network on his "No Reservations" show. I suppose TFN realized a good thing only after they lost it, and swooned him back handsomely.

Also ironic is that Emeril's show has recently been canceled on TFN. Didn't Emeril and Tony have "issues" with each other?

Some weird stuff happening around there.

Good news is that the Travel Channel is now promoting 'No Reservations' new season, which includes the Hawaii episode we're all so anxious to see!

are we eager to see it or anxious about seeing it?
    I am no fan of either Emeril or Tony. Now start dumping on Alton Brown and you'll get me in a roiling boil!

Default Re: The Food Network - Triple D Goes Hawaiian

Just a friendly reminder that 'Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives' "Triple D Goes Hawaiian" episode debuts on the Food Network tonight, April 5, 2010 @ 7pm and repeats @ 10pm.

On this episode, host Guy Fieri will be featuring Highway Inn in Waipahu, Hank's Haute Dogs in Kaka'ako, Nico's at Pier 38 and Germaine's Luau on the west side of Oahu.

They also taped at Poke Stop in Mililani, Rainbow's Drive In in Kapahulu and Murphy's Bar and Grill in downtown Honolulu, but according to The Food Network's website on the episode, it looks like these places didn't make the cut for the half-hour show.

We'll see tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomai View Post
    They also taped at Poke Stop in Mililani, Rainbow's Drive In in Kapahulu and Murphy's Bar and Grill in downtown Honolulu, but according to The Food Network's website on the episode, it looks like these places didn't make the cut for the half-hour show.
    These other stops are to be incorporated into the shows that will debut May 3, May 17 and June 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    These other stops are to be incorporated into the shows that will debut May 3, May 17 and June 28.
    That's great to hear! Where did you get that info'?

Quote Originally Posted by Pomai View Post
    That's great to hear! Where did you get that info'?
    Hawai`i Magazine:
    http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/...l_cut_eateries
    (They got their info from the Oahu Visitors Bureau.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    The episode with Rainbow Drive-In will air tonight (June 21), rather than June 28.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345