Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ER on NBC

Default ER on NBC

It's been a while since I have seen ER on NBC. I knew Noah Wyle left the series at the end of last season. I didn't expect them to keep the flaky doctor Morris but they did.

Tonight's episode (11/17) was interesting with a mid-air collision over Chicago and planes hitting the ground. I had the impression of seeing L. Scott Cadewell (Rose from Lost) walking around the crash site a couple of times.

Default Re: ER on NBC

Their season finale aired tonight (5/18/06) with a few cliffhangers.

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    Their season finale aired tonight (5/18/06) with a few cliffhangers.
    I hope Abby doesn't lose the baby. Mike's funeral was so stiff I felt so sorry for Neela I feel Jerry's gonna die.

Best show of ER this season.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

I keep hearing that this was supposed to be the last season for ER but then I heard they're going for at least one more.

I swear, every time I see a commercial for ER, my wife and I turn to each other and ask, "Is that show still on?" It feels as if they've had an "unforgettable final episode" several times now.

I started getting back into that show... no more the star power that used to drive ratings, but they got a solid ensemble cast, and I found myself getting sucked in with the storylines.

Last night's episode has me wanting to watch again next season, that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I swear, every time I see a commercial for ER, my wife and I turn to each other and ask, "Is that show still on?" It feels as if they've had an "unforgettable final episode" several times now.
    ER (and Law & Order) is the kind of series that my interest in seeing it changes from year to year. Some years I will take the trouble to tape it and other years I don't. However if it comes on and if I got nothing else to do I will watch the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    ER (and Law & Order) is the kind of series that my interest in seeing it changes from year to year. Some years I will take the trouble to tape it and other years I don't. However if it comes on and if I got nothing else to do I will watch the episode.
    Speaking of L&O....The finale was a trip! the way they just killed off the ADA 15 mins into the show.

Flickr

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Adri
    I keep hearing that this was supposed to be the last season for ER but then I heard they're going for at least one more.
    They've been renewed for a 13th season. It'll return for the Fall, go on hiatus, and then return again in the Spring.

ER's always had a reputation for incredible season finales. I think last night's was the best ever.

I wish they'd use Carrie more in the storylines. Ever since the lesbian/Sandy/baby situation, her character's been somewhat meh.

The new season aired tonight. Abby had a premature birth, Jerry made it thru the surgery and Sam shot her ex.

Good show....I hope they stay in Chicago this season. I had enough of that Africa story line.

Flickr

Anybody still watching this show or what?

While I am enjoying John Stamos this season, I must admit that it's difficult to think of him as someone OTHER than Uncle Jesse.

After last night's episode I'm starting to think he's dyslexic. Not filling out his charts; having the state of the art pen that writes out his dictations, and listening to his audio book ...all those kinda clued me in.

Can't wait to see Forrest Whitaker next week! Should be good!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Liko View Post
    After last night's episode I'm starting to think he's dyslexic. Not filling out his charts; having the state of the art pen that writes out his dictations, and listening to his audio book ...all those kinda clued me in.
    Did you like the short coat he got from his attending?

Interesting point about the dyslexia... maybe it's even worse than that and he doesn't know how to read?!?!?

But then again, how can you get a job as an EMT if you can't read and/or write?

I know I missed at least one episode this season, I remember Abby and Luka's baby was born premature and last night's episode the baby is at home.

Interesting theories about Dr. Gates (the John Stamos character).

After last night's episode I'm starting to think he's dyslexic.
    You were right! Good call...

And is it just me, or is Dr. Novaj;khasdkjfh;iuohwerju;asdstra looking hotter and hotter with each episode?

She's supposed to get all hot-and-heavy with Uncle Jesse, too.

Oh, and it looks like Forrest Whitaker's gonna be sticking around for a while...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Why doesn't that ever happen to me... )

I take it the lady that Dr. Gates lives with is a widow. So what's the connection between her and Dr. Gates?

He served in the military with the husband of that lady. The guy got killed.

IIRC.

"Why am I here Ah-Chee?"

LOL @ the Vietnamese lady giving Morris a manicure. Stereotyping at its best!

As much as I hate the character of Doctor Morris (Archie) I think he did okay at the end of one episode two or three weeks ago with a guy with multiple personalitys. The two of them comparing their Hot Wheel collections.

I wonder if they would place him in a situation like Abby did this past week.

Seems like they are using Morris more lately. He was in and out for a while.
    Ahhh I miss Dr. Green.

Noticed the Fred Ward was on again. So I wonder:

If the Fred Ward's character is a friend of Curtis Ames (Forest Whitaker).

I didn't think of that!! Maybe so! What the heck is going on with Stamos and what's her name??! I am so confused
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle View Post
    I didn't think of that!! Maybe so! What the heck is going on with Stamos and what's her name??! I am so confused
    Neela and Gates (Stamos) got caught doing the nasty last week. Gates fought in the war alongside his best friend, and when his friend died, he made a promise that he'd take care of his friend's widow and daughter. Fast forward 10 years later and he lives with them, helps raise the daughter, and gets some ass when it's convenient.

Only now he wants out of that promise because he really digs Neela...but Barnett's jealous because he wants Neela too. I hope this triangle gets resolved soon because I can't stand triangle storylines.

And lesbian Kerry. YOU GO GIRL!

Regarding Fred Ward:

The way they brought him into the show, him striking up a conversation with Abby out of the blue...and then all of a sudden showing up again? I also think he and Ames are in cahoots.
    Last edited by helen; December 1st, 2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: fixing so that spoiler will show up

Neela and Gates (Stamos) got caught doing the nasty last week. Gates fought in the war alongside his best friend, and when his friend died, he made a promise that he'd take care of his friend's widow and daughter. Fast forward 10 years later and he lives with them, helps raise the daughter, and gets some ass when it's convenient.

Only now he wants out of that promise because he really digs Neela...but Barnett's jealous because he wants Neela too. I hope this triangle gets resolved soon because I can't stand triangle storylines.

And lesbian Kerry. YOU GO GIRL!

Regarding Fred Ward:

The way they brought him into the show, him striking up a conversation with Abby out of the blue...and then all of a sudden showing up again? I also think he and Ames are in cahoots.
    SEE???!!! I miss one week!! and I lose the whole story!!!! Thank you very much!! I was completely lost! I could not firgure out why he had a wife and kid but he was playing with Neela.
    I didn't knwo they did it! I miss the best episodes...dang these children of mine! hehe
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle View Post
    SEE???!!! I miss one week!! and I lose the whole story!!!! Thank you very much!! I was completely lost! I could not firgure out why he had a wife and kid but he was playing with Neela.
    I didn't knwo they did it! I miss the best episodes...dang these children of mine! hehe
    Actually, I take that back now. I think the intent was to go all the way, but now that I think about it, I don't think they did because they got interrupted as the clothes were coming off.

I really hope that Neela doesn't end up with Gates. Barnett's always had a thing for her - and while he seems like the Lothario type - for some reason I think he'd be good for her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast