X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT Recipes: Entree

Originally posted by Hellbent
    My Moms Evil Meatloaf

Take small block of cheese. Wrap favorite meatloaf around cheese. Wrap bacon around meatloaf. Cook til done, eat.
    I think Strawberry Fields had a mini-meatloaf that was like this, but as far as I know my mom did it before them.
    Whoa -- this is INSPIRATIONAL! (As were the subsequent references to deep fried meatloaf -- something I must avoid trying to make for fear of loving it.)

One could also, I would imagine, layer different cheeses either stacked or between alternating meat layers .... Hmmm ...

See? INSPIRATIONAL!

It would have to be served, of course, with a green leafy salad with a nonfat dressing and a diet, caffeine-free soda -- just to help alleviate SOME of the dietary guilt.
    Last edited by Erika Engle; September 11, 2006, 04:26 PM. Reason: word-change, for clarity
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Wow, Pomai...thanx for that indepth instructional on Kalua Pig. It sounds like fun, but the more humane side of me would have a bit of trouble with the whole pig part of the deal, looking at it's face as I wrap it up. Believe me, I'm no vegetarian, but this MIGHT creep me out a bit.

Funny thing is, my dad owned a butcher store growing up...he can carve up anything like a pro.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I remember splurging on slipper lobster tails years ago, not long after Cliff and I had a guest on the air who had described lobsters (and crabs, as I recall) as the "cockroaches of the ocean."

All I had to do was get the meat out of the tails to prepare it for the recipe that had been demonstrated at the store (which of course, inspired my purchase).

Oh my gosh. I couldn't get our radio guest's words out of my head and was REALLY grossed out trying to get into the tails to get the meat out!

I wound up looking away from the cutting board in front of me, trying to complete the task by feel. And those were just TAILS! No eyeballs looking at me, organs to worry about, etc.

I decided I'd never try to prep lobster again -- that I'd indulge at a restaurant, but that for the rest of my life, somebody else would have to do the prep. I NO CAN.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
        X