• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Star Market in Mo`ili`ili closes Monday:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...i+ili+to+close
    I'll always remember playing Kung Fu the arcade game as a wee lad in that Star Market location's vestibule while my parents were on line.

Seriously, it's sad to see choices in local grocery stores decline.

Comment

Long ago in the 60's Star's vestibule on the right side played movies for the kids to watch. Movies in 16mm films. I watched Donald Duck, Felix the Cat and others there while my mom shopped.

This is one of the reasons why if I ever decided to come back to Oahu, all of my childhood memories would be forever erased. Better to remember those old days and places as they are preserved in my mind. Honolulu's changed so much it ain't what it used to be...my old stomping grounds.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Star Market in Mo`ili`ili closes Monday:
        This is bad news. I shop at this location at least once a week. What's going to happen with Mina Pharmacy located in the store?
        Will there be any supermarket that will continue with the HawaiianMiles card?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          This is bad news. I shop at this location at least once a week. What's going to happen with Mina Pharmacy located in the store?
          Will there be any supermarket that will continue with the HawaiianMiles card?
          Personally I hate the Hawaiian Miles card. I missed one payment and got jacked up to 31%. I told my wife the interest due every month outweighs the cost of a free ticket. Personally if BoA goes belly up I could care less. Their projected losses were based on these outrageous interest rates.

Comment

For what it's worth, as soon as Bank of Hawaii started offering a HawaiianMiles card, we cancelled BoA and switched. Payments on time = 12.4 %.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Personally I hate the Hawaiian Miles card. I missed one payment and got jacked up to 31%.
              That's the HawaiianMiles credit card. I get their e-mail advertisments to apply, which I delete. I'm talking about the HawaiianMiles card that adds mileage with any purchase at Star Market.

Comment

I believe Foodland is testing the waters on this - Hawaiian Miles, that is.

Comment

I believe Foodland is testing the waters on this - Hawaiian Miles, that is.
                  Foodland used to have added mileage from Aloha Airlines with purchase.

Comment

hi today i visited kam shopping center and i learned that where star market was,now they have a big banner saying times supermarket is now open so i saw one former star worker now being employed by time's and im glad some of them who once worked for star is still employed at time's.

well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

PBN reports today that Sergio's Kapahulu (moved not too long ago from Hawaiian Village) will close tomorrow.

Comment

Erika clarifies today - Sergio's is shuffling rather than totally closing.

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._to_close.html

Comment

hi,i do miss the former star market is they had good price's and time's that's their now at kam center will have higher price's not like starmarket's and the employee's of star were very kind only the one's who will now work at time's except for a few who's from the formerly star are kind and the one's who will be employed at time's from other store's,

some maybe kind and some maybe not kind is i've experienced the worker's at a certain time's and some were good and some were'nt so kind so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thanks for your time=O)

Comment

I drove past the former Star Market Moiliili yesterday, which closed last Monday. I was surprised to see that the parking lot was full. There was a big sign saying "Closeout Sale." I tried to double back and see what was on sale, but there were just too many cars. I'm not sure what they were selling. Non-perishables? Store fixtures?

I don't know if the sale is continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              I drove past the former Star Market Moiliili yesterday, which closed last Monday. I was surprised to see that the parking lot was full. There was a big sign saying "Closeout Sale." I tried to double back and see what was on sale, but there were just too many cars. I'm not sure what they were selling. Non-perishables? Store fixtures?

I don't know if the sale is continuing.
                              Maybe they're selling off their merchandising items like racks and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                                I drove past the former Star Market Moiliili yesterday, which closed last Monday. I was surprised to see that the parking lot was full. There was a big sign saying "Closeout Sale."
                                It's probably like the Closeout sale at Circuit City with "Get nuthin' already" in the store.

Comment

Working...
                                X