"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

That funeral scene was filmed in Nuuanu I believe.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      I was wondering if the spoiler rule is discouraging people to post to this thread? Seemed to have worked before. Perhaps there are more Lost discussion boards and threads all over the net... Maybe a "read this thread at your own risk of spoilers" may be needed instead? Tell me what you think here.
      Well I think waiting a week is too long. The best time to use a spoiler would be from 2pm to 9pm HST on a Wednesday night when a new episode airs. Or be on the safe side we shouldn't be reading this thread during that time.

For me I don't enter this thread until after I see the new episode, which for the time being I am watching on tape either a few hours later or on the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Man. I can't think of what to post about that isn't spoilery.
        I guess one mystery is solved but it begs another question is the fact is now we know how the island gets resupplied from time to time.

Spoiler for just in case:
        I am wondering that the lockdown in the hatch might be related to the parachute drop of supplies. Also that plane must have been flying kind of high not to be noticed by the castaways.

Comment

Interesting question in your 'spoiler', Helen.
          I'm also curious about the location of the motel where he met up with his father. Did you notice the jets landing behind it, from left to right? Must've been a Kona condition the day they shot it.
          And does anyone have any thoughts about the image(s) Locke saw on the blast door while he was pinned under it?
          Darned good episode, and the teaser for next week's show looked good too!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
            Did you notice the jets landing behind it, from left to right? Must've been a Kona condition the day they shot it.
            I thought the CG work was actually pretty good there, and loved seeing the Oceanic Airlines logo on the tails. But I kind of smirked when the second plane went by. Like, they worked too hard on that effect to not show it off twice.

The hotel looked like either Makiki or Kalihi. (Nice set design work there, with the sign.) I think the latter is possible because of the gas station briefly visible in the background.

Nuuanu seems more likely for the graveyard, you're right. Not as much traffic or urban sights in the background as there would've been on S. King.

Comment

Locke's client's house looked like Mililani (again) -- the address was 94-XXX.
              My teacher mentioned that his house was on the of the episodes. He said that he was paid $50 to have his house empty (no cars, etc) while they filmed it. He lives in Waikele (or upper waipahu).
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                My teacher mentioned that his house was on the of the episodes. He said that he was paid $50 to have his house empty (no cars, etc) while they filmed it. He lives in Waikele (or upper waipahu).
                Did he say which episode? Or about when it was filmed? I'm trying to find a screengrab of that street shot (and Lost-media.com is down). I know the mailbox had the address 94-XXX. Is '94' Waikele only, or can it cover Waipahu and Mililani, too?

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                That funeral scene was filmed in Nuuanu I believe.
                Someone at our blog suspected Makiki Cemetery. From some of the photos I've seen online, it's possible. Here's a shot from the episode. (Big photo alert!) There appeared to be homes in the background.

As for the motel, anyone recognize the building? (Ditto!) There's a school in the background. From another angle in the scene, you can see a gas station with a blue canopy.
                Last edited by pzarquon; March 30, 2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Someone at our blog suspected Makiki Cemetery. From some of the photos I've seen online, it's possible. Here's a shot from the episode. (Big photo alert!) There appeared to be homes in the background.
                  PZ if you look real closely at the tombstone on the front left... it reads
                  "Robert L. Davis" You might have to blow the picture up to read it better...

Don't know if this is a clue to anything though?
                  Last edited by admin; March 30, 2006, 07:17 PM. Reason: Fix quotes.

Comment

As for the motel, anyone recognize the building?
                    I'm curious too, but what I thought was funny while watching last night's episode is that I did recognize that pickup truck!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

And how about Locke's client? A familiar face -- very interesting.
                      Are you talking about the woman without the husband who Locke gives her an invoice to sign?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                        Are you talking about the woman without the husband who Locke gives her an invoice to sign?
                        Yup. We can talk about who that was if you didn't notice... next Wednesday.

Or you can just go back and watch that scene, then dig up Episode 1-21, "The Greater Good."

Comment

I guess I go re-watch last night episode again instead of watching The Evidence.

Comment

Okay, Lost-Media.com is up. For now. Very slow, and probably still overwhelmed with traffic, but... I can at least link to their nice screen captures from the episode as aired. Photo sleuths, rev up those eyes! And yes, these are large images.

Cemetery: Here are a couple of shots. This one is a wide shot of the cemetary, and has an apartment building visible in the background. This one shows another set of buildings, including what looks like an underground garage entrance. Any guesses?

Residential Neighborhood: This photo and this photo show some of the homes in the background. This photo is clear enough to make the address 94-1007 out on the mailbox. Google says there are 94-1007s on Lumi Street (Waipahu), Puia St. (Waipahu), Molale St. (Waipahu), Haleaina St. (Waipahu), Lawakua Lp. (Waipahu)... er, it's a good bet it's in Waipahu, but anyone know which street?

Hotel: Here and here (CG plane!) are decent shots of the building itself. (The promo photo earlier shows the school in the background better.) Here's a shot that shows some kind of electrical substation in the background. I guess Lost-Media.com missed the shot with the blue gas station in the background. Look familiar?

Isn't this fun?

Comment

Rewatching the episode last night I noticed that the number "1516" was on a safety depoist box. John Locke's "Welcome Home" company had the phone number of (714) 555-0016. And Henry Gale's driver license had 815 as the street address.

And oh yeah I did notice the woman.

Comment

Did he say which episode? Or about when it was filmed? I'm trying to find a screengrab of that street shot (and Lost-media.com is down). I know the mailbox had the address 94-XXX. Is '94' Waikele only, or can it cover Waipahu and Mililani, too?
                                There are "94-" addresses in Waipahu and Mililani, too.

PZ, here's some Hawai'i street address trivia. Anybody who deals with real property in Hawai'i knows about tax map key numbers, like 1-9-4-002-001. Those five numbers are for island, zone, section, parcel, and plat. The two-digit prefixes at the beginning of the street numbers of addresses outside of urban Honolulu indicate the zone and section of that location on the tax maps. So "94-" means zone 9, section 4. Here's a Kokua Line column about it.

And wasn't that safe deposit vault the same one that Kate was in?

Comment

Working...
                                X