X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by pzarquon

Hey...

You guys remember when doc made the thread about Lost filming at Popeye's and I took a lot of pics.. of Hurley?

Well, something in the screen pzarquon posted made me remember something. I went to look at my pics that I took of Hurley waiting to film his scene.

http://members.aol.com/kudoshido/bwah/lost09.jpg
    http://members.aol.com/kudoshido/bwah/lost11.jpg

And um, well I dunno if it actually means anything but look at the license plates?
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
      And um, well I dunno if it actually means anything but look at the license plates?
      Nice catch! I'm pretty sure they're the same plates because... well, the production crew probably has a limited supply of California plates lying around. I don't know if that plate number was visible in the Hurley flashback, but I'd hope that once a plate number makes it on screen, it's taken out of circulation.

Makes me wonder what the plate numbers were on Ana Lucia's police car, and Hurley's Hummer H-2, and...

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        My teacher mentioned that his house was on the of the episodes. He said that he was paid $50 to have his house empty (no cars, etc) while they filmed it. He lives in Waikele (or upper waipahu).
        $50.? Is that all? Was it a featured location or one of several homes in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          [...]As for the motel, anyone recognize the building? (Ditto!) There's a school in the background. From another angle in the scene, you can see a gas station with a blue canopy.
          The school reminds me a little of Kaahumanu Elementary school on S. Beretania. Dunno for sure, tho'.

Comment

The cemetery is in Nuuanu on the corner of Nuuanu Avenue and Judd Street. The apartment seen in the background is the Craigside apartment building. Both shots that you have are looking Diamond Head towards Nuuanu avenue from inside the cemetery. I should know. It's right outside my window as I type this.

Actually, I also knew this from when I saw them shooting there awhile back.
            Last edited by tvguy; April 1, 2006, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks, TVGuy! Oahu Cemetary, 2162 Nuuanu Ave. Believe it or not, I'm in touch with several "Lost" fanatics who keep databases of this kind of trivia. Oh yeah, I do too... and go and take pictures, too.

One down, two -- the hotel and Nadia's house -- to go.

If anyone spots a film crew, post about it, or PM me! I can report that a couple of weeks ago, they actually filmed a "snow scene" between Nuuanu and Smith Streets. Still trying to figure out whose flashback that was...

Comment

Quick question, I remember during the commerical breaks ABC was plugging Alias to come back in 3 weeks during Lost's time slot. Would that mean that are 2 more episodes (counting this Wednesday episode) left to go on the season?

Or is Lost is just taking a one week break while Alias does a two hour episode on the 19th of April?

Comment

Hmm. I think you're right. It looks like "LOST" is taking April 19 off for the big "Alias" episode. Tonight and next Wednesday are new episodes, April 19 nothing is listed, and April 26 is another "catch up special" (tell your friends who aren't watching "LOST" but are curious!).

Then... a full month of "LOST" goodness, May 3 to May 24, including the two-hour season finale.

By the way, a little bird told me they're shooting now at St. Andrew's downtown (Alakea and Beretania). It's likely a flashback for that last batch of new, and much-anticipated, episodes.

Comment

That teaser last week lied! Hurley
                    didn't fall off no damned cliff! Injecting Libby into the institution at the end was a real twist, too. Confuzzled, I am!
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Hmm. Have we been here before? The words between the spoiler tags don't show up in preview; I had to take it on faith they would when I hit submit.
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Those "next week on LOST" teasers are always going to mess with you. Even the show's writers and creators don't like the way they're done.

Kilinahe and I blogged our thoughts about tonight's episode in depth here.

I suspect a lot of the sci-fi, clue-tracking nerds were sorely unsatisfied by "Dave," but we liked it. As characters episodes go, it was a fun ride. Shades of "Vanilla Sky," The Sixth Sense" and "Identity," all perhaps the show's way of actually poking fun at some of the theories out there.

Hurley's tussle with Sawyer was particularly entertaining.

So, the YWCA on Richards Street reprises its role as the mental institution.

Sure looked like they had to hide just how gray the skies were...

Comment

You may want to check out this thread about spoilers.

For the episode itself, anyone want to hazard a guess what Eko is trying to build?

I guess everyone was cheering for Hurley when he went after Sawyer.
                          I wonder if the rest of the passengers of flight Oceanic 815 are residents of the Santa Rosa facility. Maybe the Others are staff. If this is true from who's frame of reference is this all about? I would say Lenoard.

Comment

Rewatching the ending the second time:

I thought I heard Kate's voice as the one giving Libby the medications in the hospital.

Comment

One of the most common theories about "LOST" -- second perhaps to the "it's purgatory" -- is that all of what we see is a figment of someone's imagination. Hurley, Walt, Vincent, even. Despite the fact that the creators have specifically and directly discounted these theories (including mentioning "Identity", which I suspect was the inspiration for the character of Dave), fans persist.

So I saw last night's episode, and Dave's forest conversation with Hurley, as a way to officially say that, no, "LOST" will not end with Hurley staring into a snow globe with an island in it (a la Tommy Westphall of "St. Elsewhere").

Oh, by the by, anyone recognize that gym?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                For the episode itself, anyone want to hazard a guess what Eko is trying to build?

My first guess was a church.

Comment

Working...
                                X