"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Ack! I got exposed to a spoiler during the TV news coverage of the Michelle Rodriguez 5-days-of-jail-time thing. I wish I hadn't heard that.

Comment

Possible Spoiler?:

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Ack! I got exposed to a spoiler during the TV news coverage of the Michelle Rodriguez 5-days-of-jail-time thing. I wish I hadn't heard that.
      Ummm... Was this post something of a spoiler itself? Does that mean the big news involves Ana Lucia? No, wait. Don't tell me

Comment

I can't remember when this was aired or on what station reported it but I figured I should put in a spoiler for just in case.

It was reported that actress Cynthia Watros is going to be in another series. I don't remember all of the details about this.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Still gotta find the Flightline motel and Nadia's street.
          Found Nadia's house! Alelo Street in Waikele. Whew! Two separate "LOST" location hunters figured it out separately this past weekend. I'm sure the residents of the home are a bit flummoxed by all the sudden attention.

Now all that's left is that "motel" (probably just a small apartment complex). Anyone recognize it? How about the school in the background -- know any with that shade of blue? Or with "no right turn" traffic control at certain hours?

Two days to the next new episode, and it's all-new goodness right up to the season finale!

Comment

While watching Boston Legal last night (5/2/06) there was a promo for Lost that says that there 3 more episodes left. Would the season finale be a 2 hour episode or just another 1 hour episode?

Comment

Knight-Ridder story in today's Advertiser. I admit I'm beginning to be exasperated with this never-ending series of hints, just like the people quoted. However, the ending tonight was quite a shock.
              So has Michael been suborned into the Others? Notice that in the tease for next week he's got a sling, so he shot himself. Is he trying to persuade Jack, Locke, et. al. that Henry overpowered him, got the gun and shot the two women?

So many new questions!
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Wow what an episode! The flashback sequences answered a question as to why Jack's dad was in Sydney.

Did anyone notice the bogus Hanso commerical towards the end of the episode?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                  Did anyone notice the bogus Hanso commerical towards the end of the episode?

What was the URL and 877 number? Anyone tried to call that. I missed it.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Had no URL to the ad, just a phone number 1-877-HANSORG. There was also a fine print that said "paid for by the abc corporation" a few seconds before the Hanso Foundation logo came on.

Comment

Well. At least some of that was totally unexpected. As usual, for those of you who saw the episode, Kilinahe and I blog our thoughts about "Two for the Road" in depth here.

We learn why Jack's dad was in Sydney, and why Ana Lucia was in Sydney. And again, the developments on the island were pretty big. But overall, because of the "mixed" flashback in particular, this episode felt really rushed, contrived, incomplete. Not one of my favorites.
                      The name of the episode is "Two for the Road." The two characters to get shot this episode were played by the two actors busted for DUI. Heh.

More locations to figure out, of course... the rooftop police parking lot and the house Dr. Shepherd went to visit, for starters. The scene were Dr. Shepherd gets out of the car (and another familiar face makes a "Midnight Cowboy" appearance) looked like the area behind Fisherman's Wharf.

The Hanso Foundation ad was fun, but the required ABC disclaimer ruined the illusion. Calling the number and choosing the right menu item gest you a password for the website. Yep, there's a whole new website at thehansofoundation.org, all part of "The LOST Experience" interactive/immersive/multimedia game that's going to run through the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        More locations to figure out, of course... the rooftop police parking lot and the house Dr. Shepherd went to visit, for starters.
                        The rooftop looks like it's somewhere just Ewa of downtown... maybe the Dole Cannery parking lot?

And I bet that house is in Kapahulu, a few blocks from Monsarrat near the old Teddy's Burgers location. I went to a concert at the Shell a few weekends ago and passed the closed-off street where they were filming on the way back to my car.

Comment

So, I just called the number and pressed 5 for Peter Thompson (i think that's who it was anyway). At first it's his secretary, then you hear beeeep and him being really rude to "Irene" , then he freaks out and very roughly says Namaste. Which is not how you say namaste. Namaste is a peaceful word. I forget it's exact meaning, except that it's something like a greeting, along the lines of my inner light greets your inner light. Or something to that effect.

I just tried calling back, to press a different number, but the operator came on saying all circuits were busy.

Last nights episode was excellent (as was Alias). I think I know what MIchael is up to...but I'm in the middle of studying for a statistics test and can't really delve too deep into Lost stuff. Will make sure to come back this weekend and tell you all my 2 cents.

Namaste!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                            The rooftop looks like it's somewhere just Ewa of downtown... maybe the Dole Cannery parking lot?
                            I think so, too. They digitally inserted some L.A. skyline in there, but it looked like Hawa'iki Tower off to the right. And "LOST" has some offices at Dole.

And I bet that house is in Kapahulu, a few blocks from Monsarrat near the old Teddy's Burgers location.
                            Thanks for the tip! My "LOST" location hunter friends e-mailed me last night thinking it was a lost cause (no pun intended) -- houses have proven to be among the tougher challenges -- but you've given us a great head start. We'll find this one.

I liked how they went back to the Convention Center for some shots, but mixed it in with clips from previous flashbacks (Jack at the counter). Didn't look like the airport security station shot was done there, though, nor the airport bar. And who knows where the morgue is. Both may just be quickie sets at the Diamond Head film lot.

Anyone know the real name of the Sydney bar Dr. Shephard goes into? It is at Kewalo Basin, right?

Comment

Pzarq, you say at your place:
                              The creators of “LOST” now insist that she was always going to be a one-season character, but her “resolution” seems so weak there’s no way you can’t connect it to Michelle Rodriguez’s real-world troubles.
                              But just now on GMA she said she knew from the beginning that her role was gonna end this way. So either that's the company line or (gasp) they had a plan!
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                I can't remember when this was aired or on what station reported it but I figured I should put in a spoiler for just in case.

Yes. I got this from the Hollywood Reporter. Cynthia Watros of "Lost" has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cavanagh in CBS' comedy pilot "My Ex-Life." Which makes sense, considering she used to star in another one of those on FOX.

Edit: Ew. I realize now how long ago your post was. I feel like Paul Revere's cousing riding through town a week later shouting, "The British came!"

Comment

Working...
                                X