Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
    I feel like Paul Revere's cousing riding through town a week later shouting, "The British came!"
    The standard retort to that is "They did? I didn't even know they were breathing hard."

($10 sez Kimo was gonna post that answer but I beat him to it. )

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

something about that British accent and the arrival of a climatic endevour.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        They digitally inserted some L.A. skyline in there, but it looked like Hawa'iki Tower off to the right.
        I thought I saw the Waterfront Towers behind CompUSA in the background, too.
        Now that I look at the picture again, I'm sure it was the set I passed. They had big spotlights set up to film at night, and I saw rain machines too. And look at the house... it just screams old school Kapahulu, like all those houses are over by the zoo.
        Anyone know the real name of the Sydney bar Dr. Shephard goes into? It is at Kewalo Basin, right?
        At first I thought it was Fisherman's Wharf, but then I realized the funky door to the cocktail lounge is on the right of the main entrance there, not the left.

But it looks SO familiar... I want to say the brown doors go to the Harbor Pub, just off Ala Moana Blvd. by the boat harbor. Not entirely sure though.

Comment

Ana is driving the car behind the Ilikai hotel by the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor....is the bar back there as well. She jsut stops short of turning right towards Ala Moana Blvd.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
            Ana is driving the car behind the Ilikai hotel by the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor....is the bar back there as well. She jsut stops short of turning right towards Ala Moana Blvd.
            You sure? Someone just e-mailed me to say the blue awning is indeed attached to Fisherman's Wharf at Kewalo. Ah well. Always nice to have an excuse to take a quick trip outta downtown for lunch...

By the by, I left out one location from "Two for the Road": the hotel supposedly overlooking Sydney harbor where Ana Lucia waited for Dr. Shepherd. A fellow "LOST" spotter notes it was the Ilikai, a popular spot for the "LOST" crew, as it's played a hotel and an apartment in several episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
              Upon further review, I think I'm wrong!....

Does look like near Fisherman's wharf now.

Comment

It is Fisherman's Wharf. I'm there now. and you know what? Palolo Joe was onto something when he mentioed what side what door is on. It looks like they reversed the image! Both along the pier as they drive and as Dr. Shepherd enters the bar.

This makes sense... it properly reverses traffic flow and the position of the steering wheel. But since there are legible signs in both shots, it means the prop guys had fun making backwards stuff!

Comment

Wow, backwards? That's a pretty clever trick...I like.
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Yep. Here again is the shot of the bar entrance, and of the pier, as seen in the episode. Here's how the entrance and the pier really look.

And thanks to Palolo Joe's report, a few minutes of cruising the Kapahulu area netted the house Dr. Shepherd and Ana Lucia visited (here it is in the episode). It's on Makini St., near Leahi Ave.
                    Last edited by pzarquon; May 5, 2006, 04:14 PM. Reason: Correct name of street per Tutusue!

Comment

[...]It's on Makiki St., near Leahi Ave.

I thought I was somewhat familiar with the Kapahulu area but...Makiki St.?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        I thought I was somewhat familiar with the Kapahulu area but...Makiki St.?
                        Er, Makini St., I mean. Fixed! It's a quaint, little house that definitely looked bigger and nicer at night and through the magic lens of television.

The scene filmed there was also flipped, by the way. Holding up a printout from the episode while standing on the sidewalk kind of made me dizzy!

Comment

Are you a location stalker, PZ?

Comment

Tricky, those Lost folks... had me questioning if it was actually Fisherman's Wharf. Shoulda known.

And they flipped the house too... wonder why they felt the need to do that. The bar, I understand, but a random house?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              Are you a location stalker, PZ?
                              You might say that.
                              And they flipped the house too... wonder why they felt the need to do that. The bar, I understand, but a random house?
                              I'm pretty sure it was so Ana Lucia and the steering wheel would appear to be on the right side of the car as they drove up and as Dr. Shepherd got out. It makes me wonder if they did the flip-flop for all the other Australia scenes in which cars or streets appear.

I'm far too happy with how quickly this week's locations were figured out. But this building from weeks ago continues to elude me. Driving around randomly found me the Makini St. house, but I don't have a clue about where to start.
                              Last edited by pzarquon; May 5, 2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

You might say that.[...]
                                Ah jeez...no wonder you don't have time for The Transmission anymore!

Comment

Working...
                                X