Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Default Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Questions and more questions. I don't remember the passenger manifest and names, for one.

Fun: if you do a Google search for Geronimo Jackson, the second or third link is to a blog entry called "soquoted" or something like that, speculating on the name.

On one hand Jack, John, Sawyer and Kate finally manage to meet the other guys on the island. On the other hand no one bothered to ask why they wanted Walt or any other question that started with Why, but I suspose that might be the plot of future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkmeister
    Questions and more questions. I don't remember the passenger manifest and names, for one.
    Hurley conducted a census last season. That's how he determined Eathan wasn't a survivor of the crash.

The Geronimo Jackson bit was bizarre. A completely fictional musical group or artist, mentioned quite prominently. Poor Geronimo Jackson, born October 2004 in Oregon. "Lost" fans have actually signed that unsuspecting family's baby guestbook. "Did your son make an obscure album in the 1970's?"

Thanks to Mel for the "Ooklah The Moc" mention. I wasn't able to identify any of the albums that Charlie and Hurley were flipping through, and I was wondering if they were all fictional (when they wouldn't be, given the Mama Cass and other real songs we've seen played).
    Quote Originally Posted by helen
    On the other hand no one bothered to ask why they wanted Walt or any other question that started with Why
    Welcome to the basic construct of fiction. Every movie, show, or book in the world would be pretty darn short if people, you know, actually stopped for a moment and just talked to each other. "Lost" in particular is full of "just tell him/her already!" moments... as well as "kill anyone off who knows anything" moments!

The name Alex surfaces again. Locke challenges Sawyer on his alias (sounded like Locke is familiar with the name). In the flashback, hints that infidelity might be an intergenerational issue... and we see why Sarah left the good doctor, but leaving me wonder, for whom?

And, yeah, a line has been drawn, and Jack is not going to be told where he can and can't go. An army? Talk about escalation!

Anyone know where the hospital exteriors were shot? Straub on S. King, maybe? I heard the interiors were filmed in Mililani, probably at the clinic there.

I didn't state that well. I remember the census, I just don't remember any fuss being made about survivors' names being different from the manifest.

And had I been "Sawyer," when Locke asked me where I got the name, I'd have said what might have not been true but would have been obvious: "From Mark Twain, of course."
    Last edited by Linkmeister; January 19th, 2006 at 07:34 AM.

Default LOST: Trimming the fat

Isn't it about time the show LOST begins to trim the fat off of one of it's characters....I mean literally. 50 days on the island where food is scarce, shouldn't Hurley start dropping some pounds??

Default Re: LOST: Trimming the fat

Keep in mind that they found some food in the bunker. And there is always fish from the ocean. And Hurley did say he has tighten his belt a couple of notches.

Default Re: LOST: Trimming the fat

Not only food, but junk food. Remember when he was assigned the inventory and found the chips/cookies/whatever?

Another thing that is off is the amount of days that they have been on the island. If Shannon was shot on day 48 and buried on day 49. Kate's encounter with the horse was on day 49. Eko and Locke were doing the filmstrip around the same time (day 49).

I am assuming that Eko and Charlie where looking for the Beachcraft on the next day which is day 50.

When Jack, Locke, Sawyer take off to go after Michael, Kate tells Hurley about it. Hurley then gets Charlie to help watch the bunker. If this is day 50 how can Charlie be in the bunker and helping Eko look for the Beachcraft at the same time?

Jack, Locke and Sawyer encounter with the others should have been on day 51 and not on day 50.

I am also thinking there are more than one group of others on the island. I have feeling that Ethan wasn't from the group that Jack, Locke and Sawyer ran into.

It's the details that get ya. Folks with HDTV zoomed the heck out of the X-rays in the consultation with both Doctors Shepherd (Doctor Shepherds?), and found a November 2005 date, and the name of St. Francis Medical Center West. A super secret clue that they're in the present and that Jack moved to Hawaii? Probably not.

Don't know about the date but one could explain that the X-Rays came from the old guy's original hospital (yes, he is from Hawaii).

I just ran across this rant about Season 1 with the insertion of a couple of characters who express a little more curiousity than some of the leads do. It's funny.

http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/2005/04...herfckers.html

For the flashbacks sequence for the 1/25/06 episode there wasn't much external shots shown. Then again this episode felt like most of the action was taken place in the present. At least during the flashback sequence it did explain how Liam ended up in Sydney.

Going to use a spoiler just in case on my view of Charlie after this episode.
    It seems there is build up of having Charlie either betraying the group or may join up with one of the Others on the island.

Not a top ten episode, but reasonable. There was just so much revealed in the previous two (the monster, Zeke) that this one seemed like a pause in the action. Even though most of what we saw was on the island! Just lots of 'relationship' stuff -- Ana Lucia and Jack, Kate and Sawyer, and Libby and Hurley on the romance side, Charlie and Locke on the development side. Seemed both Charlie and Locke took a bit of a turn, the former accellerated by the latter.

Couldn't place the exterior shots, either -- there weren't many. When Charlie follows the director out (looked like a bunker/hanger), and when Charlie follows his brother out of the flat (though that street looked like an interior studio somewhat!).

Rerun next week, but from the previews, the next new one looks like it's back to the action.

Agreed. This one was a yawner, pretty much. I don't expect them to hit a home run every single time, but still.
    The whiny 'Charlie' bores me and always has. Hopefully he'll be the next one to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui
    Agreed. This one was a yawner, pretty much. I don't expect them to hit a home run every single time, but still.
    The whiny 'Charlie' bores me and always has. Hopefully he'll be the next one to go.
    But, but...! What about the real-life (ostensible [since I read it in Harada's column or someplace like that]) romance between Dominick and Evangeline? If Charlie dies...

In light of that link I posted the other day about the lack of curiosity shown by some of the characters, why is no one wondering where Duncan got to? I think I've got the name right -- the guy who had been in the bunker who ran off.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkmeister
    In light of that link I posted the other day about the lack of curiosity shown by some of the characters, why is no one wondering where Duncan got to? I think I've got the name right -- the guy who had been in the bunker who ran off.
    Desmond, brother. Desmond.

Who knows? Maybe he got nabbed by The Others. Or maybe he's staying with Danielle.

Maybe Desmond might run into Michael who is still out there looking for Walt.

I am also kind of wondering why Locke kept the statues in a storage room and destory them like he said he would?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Desmond, brother. Desmond.

Who knows? Maybe he got nabbed by The Others. Or maybe he's staying with Danielle.
    Grins. Evidently my memory's deserting me.

Did it seem that the Feb 8 episode of Lost spent more time on the island as opposed to the flashback sequence?

You think sooner or later Locke or Jack might piece together it was Charlie who help Sawyer get the guns?

Another character-heavy episode with few mythology elements. And some interesting twists. "The Long Con," like the last new episode "Fire + Water," had a very dark tone, and together definitely signal a significant shift in the direction of the show for the rest of this season.

I was genuinely surprised at the end of Sawyer's flashback, and the reveal that followed as to his co-conspirator. On the other hand, in some cases, I wasn't sure if I was seeing deliberate character development or things being done out of character in service of the story. Lots of open questions about motives, I thought.

So, we know Sawyer and Cassidy shacked up in a Mililani Mauka model home, and that Sawyer and Gordy met at Bob's Big Boy in Mapunapuna (saw Moanalua Freeway out the window!). Anyone recognized the gas station, or the industrial area where Sawyer and Cassidy assembled their jewelry con?

That looked to be Waialua again. It looks like part of the sugar mill. Then the gas station is the gas station Waialua Soda works is at.

Well, I'm utterly useless when it comes to locations, but that gas station where they pulled the scam reminds me of this one little gas station thing I always see when we drive home to Honolulu from the Sam's Club in Pearl Highlands (I think, we haven't been there since the one by Ala Moana opened, but the "JD Race Cars" thing looks familiar to me). But the other sign said "Eric's Expert Service" and there is an "Eric's Service" in Waialua which would make more sense given jkpescador's post.

What I found that was kind of funny during the gas station scam scene was that the background noise had doves cooing, which also happens from time to time when they film the island's beach scenes.

Wasn't there also the sound of a train in the distance in that same scene?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast