"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

None of those links are working, kupumog.

Comment

TheTailSection.com doesn't make it easy to link to individual items on the main blog. And I think kupomog was quoting a post from the forum, but of course the forum software truncates the image URLs in posts.
      The original thread is here. The two countdown timer images are here (the timer we know) and here (the one from the preview for this week). Good catch.
      The spoiler warning remains in effect, of course. Don't click if you don't want to know.

Comment

Poor coqui frog
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
          Poor coqui frog
          that sure wasn't a coqui!!! Coqui's are much higher pitched and don't look like that...

Who the frick was that guy????

Anyone believe his story? He sure knew a lot about balloons...

Sayid seemed pretty confident he was an "other"

Good over all episode....

Anyone know where they shot the shots with what look like a dessert????

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
            Poor coqui frog
            Oh, well, that's a fate lots of folks on the Big Island might approve of, no? (Are they just on the Big Island, or have they migrated to others by now?)
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
              Oh, well, that's a fate lots of folks on the Big Island might approve of, no? (Are they just on the Big Island, or have they migrated to others by now?)
              If it was a croqui!!! then us big island people would have laughed at the scene...

However, the Big Island people know that it didn't sound like one...

And by the way...anyone ever try frog legs??? Heard they taste like chicken

Comment

*shrug* looked like one to me in the short time I saw it. I was busy doing homework. My parents seem to be sure it was one, though. Same smell either way, I still feel bad for the frog, coqui or not.

Comment

The external Iraqi scenes sort of look like CGI.

Maybe he did crash on the island on a balloon, now did he crash 4 months ago or was he alone?

As far as the hatch's countdown timer, there seemed to a few seconds of grace period as the 5 windows try to display some symbols plus some kind of power up sounds in the background.

Anyone notice that one of the US Army soliders was Kate's dad? He was the one in the truck holding a picture of her.

Comment

Those symbols in the countdown timer looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics. Another Lostâ„¢ Mystery. Dun-dun-DUNN!!!

Comment

There was a lot of CGI in that flashback. Some shots were very videogame-y. Most of it otherwise filmed at the Diamond Head lot. I liked that we saw Kate's dad, but would have preferred it stay subtle (as with Diane's appearance in Sawyer's flashback), without the forced focus on the photo and conversation about a wife and kids.

The symbols on the clock were definitely hieroglyphics. Folks have already started translating them, coming up with something referencing death. The countdown fake-out was a real frustration for some fans, though. Something better happen for real, next time.

The captured guy's balloon story gets extra sketchy when you recall Henry Gale was also the name of Dorothy's uncle in The Wizard of Oz (in which ballooning figures significantly). I say he's an Other (or a "Them," actually, if you believe the "two camp" theories), but some aren't convinced.

Comment

I am kind of wondering if Danielle herself is one of the "Others". It seems that the guy she captured she handed off to Sayid instead of she dealing with the guy herself.

Comment

My husband and I have both decided that the guy is definitely an "other". After the clock wasn't renewed, there was a rumbling sound, like things were shifting. The camera then focused on the guy, and there was a distinct look of genuine fear; one not seen even when Sayid was torturing him. It was as if he knew what was happening.

I'm surprised they're actually letting the clock not get renewed this season. I would have thought they'd want to wait a while on it.

Comment

.....and I am sitting Thursday night dining in a Hometown Buffet Restaurant in El Monte, California an area largely populated by new arrivals from south of the border overhearing an older Spanish speaking woman at the next table explaining to the group at her table most who had just arrived from Mexico all about Lost and then getting into a debate over the show from the night before with the only other person at the table who was familiar with the show. One point that she made that I thought was significant is that this is the only English TV program she watches and has ever watched continuously. I imagine that when Lost is distributed worldwide in various languages it is going to be a smash hit everywhere it appears. (Yes-I am fluent in Spanish)

Comment

For some reason the first season 2 hour pilot will be airing this week. Is the new episode next week Wednesday or some other week?

Comment

March 1 is the next ep, "Maternity Leave". Should be a gooooood one, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X