Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Default Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Locke's client's house looked like Mililani (again) -- the address was 94-XXX.
    My teacher mentioned that his house was on the of the episodes. He said that he was paid $50 to have his house empty (no cars, etc) while they filmed it. He lives in Waikele (or upper waipahu).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456
    My teacher mentioned that his house was on the of the episodes. He said that he was paid $50 to have his house empty (no cars, etc) while they filmed it. He lives in Waikele (or upper waipahu).
    Did he say which episode? Or about when it was filmed? I'm trying to find a screengrab of that street shot (and Lost-media.com is down). I know the mailbox had the address 94-XXX. Is '94' Waikele only, or can it cover Waipahu and Mililani, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalihiboy
    That funeral scene was filmed in Nuuanu I believe.
    Someone at our blog suspected Makiki Cemetery. From some of the photos I've seen online, it's possible. Here's a shot from the episode. (Big photo alert!) There appeared to be homes in the background.

As for the motel, anyone recognize the building? (Ditto!) There's a school in the background. From another angle in the scene, you can see a gas station with a blue canopy.
    Last edited by pzarquon; March 30th, 2006 at 02:13 PM.

Someone at our blog suspected Makiki Cemetery. From some of the photos I've seen online, it's possible. Here's a shot from the episode. (Big photo alert!) There appeared to be homes in the background.
    PZ if you look real closely at the tombstone on the front left... it reads
    "Robert L. Davis" You might have to blow the picture up to read it better...

Don't know if this is a clue to anything though?
    Last edited by admin; March 30th, 2006 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Fix quotes.

As for the motel, anyone recognize the building?
    I'm curious too, but what I thought was funny while watching last night's episode is that I did recognize that pickup truck!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

And how about Locke's client? A familiar face -- very interesting.
    Are you talking about the woman without the husband who Locke gives her an invoice to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    Are you talking about the woman without the husband who Locke gives her an invoice to sign?
    Yup. We can talk about who that was if you didn't notice... next Wednesday.

Or you can just go back and watch that scene, then dig up Episode 1-21, "The Greater Good."

I guess I go re-watch last night episode again instead of watching The Evidence.

Okay, Lost-Media.com is up. For now. Very slow, and probably still overwhelmed with traffic, but... I can at least link to their nice screen captures from the episode as aired. Photo sleuths, rev up those eyes! And yes, these are large images.

Cemetery: Here are a couple of shots. This one is a wide shot of the cemetary, and has an apartment building visible in the background. This one shows another set of buildings, including what looks like an underground garage entrance. Any guesses?

Residential Neighborhood: This photo and this photo show some of the homes in the background. This photo is clear enough to make the address 94-1007 out on the mailbox. Google says there are 94-1007s on Lumi Street (Waipahu), Puia St. (Waipahu), Molale St. (Waipahu), Haleaina St. (Waipahu), Lawakua Lp. (Waipahu)... er, it's a good bet it's in Waipahu, but anyone know which street?

Hotel: Here and here (CG plane!) are decent shots of the building itself. (The promo photo earlier shows the school in the background better.) Here's a shot that shows some kind of electrical substation in the background. I guess Lost-Media.com missed the shot with the blue gas station in the background. Look familiar?

Isn't this fun?

Rewatching the episode last night I noticed that the number "1516" was on a safety depoist box. John Locke's "Welcome Home" company had the phone number of (714) 555-0016. And Henry Gale's driver license had 815 as the street address.

And oh yeah I did notice the woman.

Did he say which episode? Or about when it was filmed? I'm trying to find a screengrab of that street shot (and Lost-media.com is down). I know the mailbox had the address 94-XXX. Is '94' Waikele only, or can it cover Waipahu and Mililani, too?
    There are "94-" addresses in Waipahu and Mililani, too.

PZ, here's some Hawai'i street address trivia. Anybody who deals with real property in Hawai'i knows about tax map key numbers, like 1-9-4-002-001. Those five numbers are for island, zone, section, parcel, and plat. The two-digit prefixes at the beginning of the street numbers of addresses outside of urban Honolulu indicate the zone and section of that location on the tax maps. So "94-" means zone 9, section 4. Here's a Kokua Line column about it.

And wasn't that safe deposit vault the same one that Kate was in?

Hey...

You guys remember when doc made the thread about Lost filming at Popeye's and I took a lot of pics.. of Hurley?

Well, something in the screen pzarquon posted made me remember something. I went to look at my pics that I took of Hurley waiting to film his scene.

http://members.aol.com/kudoshido/bwah/lost09.jpg
    http://members.aol.com/kudoshido/bwah/lost11.jpg

And um, well I dunno if it actually means anything but look at the license plates?

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    And um, well I dunno if it actually means anything but look at the license plates?
    Nice catch! I'm pretty sure they're the same plates because... well, the production crew probably has a limited supply of California plates lying around. I don't know if that plate number was visible in the Hurley flashback, but I'd hope that once a plate number makes it on screen, it's taken out of circulation.

Makes me wonder what the plate numbers were on Ana Lucia's police car, and Hurley's Hummer H-2, and...

Quote Originally Posted by doc1456
    $50.? Is that all? Was it a featured location or one of several homes in the background?

[...]As for the motel, anyone recognize the building? (Ditto!) There's a school in the background. From another angle in the scene, you can see a gas station with a blue canopy.
    The school reminds me a little of Kaahumanu Elementary school on S. Beretania. Dunno for sure, tho'.

The cemetery is in Nuuanu on the corner of Nuuanu Avenue and Judd Street. The apartment seen in the background is the Craigside apartment building. Both shots that you have are looking Diamond Head towards Nuuanu avenue from inside the cemetery. I should know. It's right outside my window as I type this.

Actually, I also knew this from when I saw them shooting there awhile back.
    Last edited by tvguy; April 1st, 2006 at 07:27 AM.

Thanks, TVGuy! Oahu Cemetary, 2162 Nuuanu Ave. Believe it or not, I'm in touch with several "Lost" fanatics who keep databases of this kind of trivia. Oh yeah, I do too... and go and take pictures, too.

One down, two -- the hotel and Nadia's house -- to go.

If anyone spots a film crew, post about it, or PM me! I can report that a couple of weeks ago, they actually filmed a "snow scene" between Nuuanu and Smith Streets. Still trying to figure out whose flashback that was...

Quick question, I remember during the commerical breaks ABC was plugging Alias to come back in 3 weeks during Lost's time slot. Would that mean that are 2 more episodes (counting this Wednesday episode) left to go on the season?

Or is Lost is just taking a one week break while Alias does a two hour episode on the 19th of April?

Hmm. I think you're right. It looks like "LOST" is taking April 19 off for the big "Alias" episode. Tonight and next Wednesday are new episodes, April 19 nothing is listed, and April 26 is another "catch up special" (tell your friends who aren't watching "LOST" but are curious!).

Then... a full month of "LOST" goodness, May 3 to May 24, including the two-hour season finale.

By the way, a little bird told me they're shooting now at St. Andrew's downtown (Alakea and Beretania). It's likely a flashback for that last batch of new, and much-anticipated, episodes.

That teaser last week lied! Hurley
    didn't fall off no damned cliff! Injecting Libby into the institution at the end was a real twist, too. Confuzzled, I am!

Hmm. Have we been here before? The words between the spoiler tags don't show up in preview; I had to take it on faith they would when I hit submit.

Those "next week on LOST" teasers are always going to mess with you. Even the show's writers and creators don't like the way they're done.

Kilinahe and I blogged our thoughts about tonight's episode in depth here.

I suspect a lot of the sci-fi, clue-tracking nerds were sorely unsatisfied by "Dave," but we liked it. As characters episodes go, it was a fun ride. Shades of "Vanilla Sky," The Sixth Sense" and "Identity," all perhaps the show's way of actually poking fun at some of the theories out there.

Hurley's tussle with Sawyer was particularly entertaining.

So, the YWCA on Richards Street reprises its role as the mental institution.

Sure looked like they had to hide just how gray the skies were...

You may want to check out this thread about spoilers.

For the episode itself, anyone want to hazard a guess what Eko is trying to build?

I guess everyone was cheering for Hurley when he went after Sawyer.

I wonder if the rest of the passengers of flight Oceanic 815 are residents of the Santa Rosa facility. Maybe the Others are staff. If this is true from who's frame of reference is this all about? I would say Lenoard.

Rewatching the ending the second time:

I thought I heard Kate's voice as the one giving Libby the medications in the hospital.

One of the most common theories about "LOST" -- second perhaps to the "it's purgatory" -- is that all of what we see is a figment of someone's imagination. Hurley, Walt, Vincent, even. Despite the fact that the creators have specifically and directly discounted these theories (including mentioning "Identity", which I suspect was the inspiration for the character of Dave), fans persist.

So I saw last night's episode, and Dave's forest conversation with Hurley, as a way to officially say that, no, "LOST" will not end with Hurley staring into a snow globe with an island in it (a la Tommy Westphall of "St. Elsewhere").

Oh, by the by, anyone recognize that gym?

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    For the episode itself, anyone want to hazard a guess what Eko is trying to build?

My first guess was a church.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast