Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Default Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

ABC says it's planning to make Lost episodes available at no charge on the Internet:

Top ABC shows such as “Commander in Chief” and “Alias,” along with “Lost” and “Desperate Housewives,” will be available on the Web at ABC.com in May and June, starting the day after they are first broadcast, the network said. Viewers will be able to pause and move between “chapters” in an episode, but not skip ads that are technically embedded. (Link )

Interesting. I know "Lost" is selling briskly at $1.99 a pop on iTunes. I think there's room for both models. Presumably, compared to this free offering, when you pay you get better video quality, a file you get to save/archive locally (I'm betting this new channel is streaming via Flash, a la YouTube), and commercials clipped out.

For some, I'm sure this will be a great new avenue... and probably a worrisome first step for cable companies (who needs 'em if you can get TV straight from the networks on your PC!).

I find it odd that they're saying they want to reach the younger, more technically savvy audience... when (1.) that demographic isn't watching much TV anyway, and (2.) the really tech savvy kids are grabbing edited, HD-quality files for free on BitTorrent already.

I was re-watching the episode on Saturday night and a couple of references of the numbers popped out during Hurley's talk with the doctor about the accident.

There were 23 people on the deck that was supposed support only 8.

However when Hurley tells Libby what happens, he mentions he killed a couple of people (as opposed to 4).

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    (2.) the really tech savvy kids are grabbing edited, HD-quality files for free on BitTorrent already.

Lol. This is exactly what my husband and I do every Thursday, as we volunteer at a cat shelter on Wednesday nights and alas, miss Lost when it airs.

Bit Torrent rocks.

Me too, though I use Azureus instad of BitTorrent as my BT client. I often end up eating Thursday's lunch at my desk, while watching Wednesday night's episode. I am astounded at how promptly the torrent for a new episode will appear on the web, sometimes within an hour after the show finishes on the East Coast.

Um. Has anyone seen or heard anywhere rumbles about significant changes to "LOST" production -- i.e., relocating to Los Angeles? I know these rumors have circulated since Season 1 and will probably scurry around indefinitely, but two separate people e-mailed me this morning asking about it. I sure hope it's just the same ol' gossip...

What, you mean the producers don't want to force the actors to swim in our sewage-contaminated waters? Or show those waters on TV?

Irreverent joking aside, that would be QUITE the loss, IF true.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Um. Has anyone seen or heard anywhere rumbles about significant changes to "LOST" production -- i.e., relocating to Los Angeles? I know these rumors have circulated since Season 1 and will probably scurry around indefinitely, but two separate people e-mailed me this morning asking about it. I sure hope it's just the same ol' gossip...
    Yep, it is just the same old gossip. I just spoke to a very good friend of mine who is one of the crew bigwigs and he just signed a new contract for next season.
    Plus, he points out that they're still helping some of the cast find homes to buy here. That's a pretty good sign too, methinks.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui
    "Korean thug?" Sheesh! The show has half-a-dozen characters with somewhat shady backgrounds, some of which include homicide. Thug seems a bit rich!

Good on him and on Ms. Perrineau.
    Last edited by Linkmeister; April 12th, 2006 at 07:47 PM.

I like Rose and Bernard, so I enjoyed "S.O.S." well enough. But it definitely wasn't among the strongest episodes this season. The Rose-Locke scenes -- on the island, and in the flashback -- were pretty good, though. As was that one shot of Henry.

As usual, Kilinahe and I blog our thoughts in depth here.

Two weeks off -- for a bit Alias episode next week, and a "up until now" recap special the week after that. But, when the new episodes start again, it's non-stop until the season finale.

The snowy street where Rose and Bernard meet is actually Marin Lane, between Smith and Nuuanu (near O'Toole's and Murphy's). Can't quite place the restaurant that supposedly overlooks Niagara Falls... but that exterior wall looks mighty familiar.

Interesting episode for tonight (4/12) since the flashback sequence is based on a couple of supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Me too, though I use Azureus instad of BitTorrent as my BT client. I often end up eating Thursday's lunch at my desk, while watching Wednesday night's episode. I am astounded at how promptly the torrent for a new episode will appear on the web, sometimes within an hour after the show finishes on the East Coast.
    That's what we use as well...we probably seed to each other.

I'm currently dling it now. Trying to not read about last nights episode it hard though.

Can't quite place the restaurant that supposedly overlooks Niagara Falls... but that exterior wall looks mighty familiar.
    It looked like the John Dominis restaurant to me. Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui
    It looked like the John Dominis restaurant to me. Ya think?
    Hmm. The windows and tables seem right. The brickwork on the pillar behind Bernard was the detail I was hoping would confirm it, but I can't find any photos from that particular point of view (of course usually most folks are pointing cameras to keep Waikiki and Diamond Head in the background, which would have been behind Rose, except it was Niagara Falls instead!).

Oh, and there was another location. I'm guessing that Isaac of the Outback was actually at the Waialua Sugar Mill, a popular spot for "LOST." (It was also Mr. Eko's home village in Nigeria and where Sawyer and his girlfriend planned their necklace con.) When Rose and Bernard were driving out through the supposed outback, Kilinahe couldn't resist, when Rose asked where they were, answering, "Kam Highway!"

By the way, here's the "snowy street" scene from last night. (Lost-Media.com is usually swamped on Thursdays, so it might not come up.) Here's that same spot as it looked an hour ago.
    Last edited by pzarquon; April 13th, 2006 at 11:35 AM.

Was Isaac of the Outback the same psychic guy that Claire got the warning from when she was pregnant? I can't recall.

Definitely a different guy, but the parallels between those two encounters were pretty clear.

FWIW, here's the Rose and Bernard scene in the restaurant. Taking a second look, I'm not sure if it's John Dominis anymore. Heck, those don't even look like restaurant chairs. Oh, and here's the scene at Waialua.

In the restaurant scene, the exterior wall seen through the window over Rose's shoulder with those tan bricks looks really, really familiar.

I know! It's driving me nuts. L'Uraku? Nah. Anyway...

"LOST" is filming today at the Dillingham Transportation Building at Bishop and Queen streets. Look like they're using Honolulu Cafe to play a coffee shop called "Dina's." Not sure whose flashback it is, though.

I know! It's driving me nuts. L'Uraku? Nah. Anyway...

"LOST" is filming today at the Dillingham Transportation Building at Bishop and Queen streets. Look like they're using Honolulu Cafe to play a coffee shop called "Dina's." Not sure whose flashback it is, though.
    Good thing I did my taxes myself this year; the guy I used to use has his office in that building, and if I got hassled getting in and out on tax day I'd be upset.

Last week my brother and his family were visiting so we took a drive to see some "lost" spots. Found the Oceanic cockpit off of Kam Hwy in Kaneohe, the Kahuku Sweet Shrimp truck and of course Kualoa Ranch, Valley of the Temples......blah blah blah....The highlight of their visit was getting to spot Sawyer, Michael and some others at a get together at Daniel Dae Kim's house in Hawaii Kai. My niece and nephew will have a lot to talk about this week at school.

"Lost" is filming today off of Kam Hwy. outside Kaneohe past He'eia Kai (where they have the cockpit, the pit, and the hatch).

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue
    $50.? Is that all? Was it a featured location or one of several homes in the background?
    I guess it was a background shot, because they wanted no cars in the area, nor no people in the houses, so he was paid the money to just get out of the house.

Did he say which episode? Or about when it was filmed? I'm trying to find a screengrab of that street shot (and Lost-media.com is down). I know the mailbox had the address 94-XXX. Is '94' Waikele only, or can it cover Waipahu and Mililani, too?
    Check the date I posted that info, because I just jumped on HT when after the class he mentioned it, so it might be a few weeks old.

And I know the 94 code is used in the "main waipahu", plus in Royal Kunia and in the Waikele/Waipio area. I have no idea that it covered Mililani.

And this TV series looks interesting. I might even get the complete seasons on DVD and watch it.
    Last edited by adrian; April 19th, 2006 at 10:56 AM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

You know you're a "Lost" addict when you check this site every Wednesday morning.

Whoa. Cool. There's a spoilerific call sheet image for one of the eps, "Live Together, Die Alone." Tons of technical info that hurts my brain, but it's got shooting locations and dates and junk, too. Kind of really neat...there's a larger image here if anyone actually looks.

Found it at this board that was mentioned on SpoilerFix. Wonder who Aloha Oe is...apparently that person brings lots of spoiler goodies to them!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast