Cool Last names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Last names.

Any one with funny or weird or cool last names? If you don't want to share your last names it's perfectly understandable, by all means you don't have too. My last name is Littlejohn. Here's the story: My granpa on my fathers side was adopted into that name his real last name I think is keiko'oha(I hope I spelled that right.) My Dad joke's that it come's from John Little in Robin Hood. I don't know if I should believe that fairy tale, but I do know it come's from Europe. Most of the time I am asked if it's an Indian last name. NO. But the Littlejohn familly were one of the first pilgrims to settle the United states, or so I think I remember some where in a history book. Since I am big boned some people like to tease me and call me "BIGJOHN!" I think that it's funny, and I laugh along with the joke but sometime's people whom I meet just don't believe me when I tell them my last name. Oh well so there you have it.
    Last edited by Pedro; December 10, 2005, 11:41 AM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Cool Last names.

Thanks for sharing. Darn, so you don't know the rain-dance then? Well I'm a Ruddy, so growing up there were the various combinations of... Cruddy, Buddy, Duddy, etc.. The name is Irish. Over the years there has always only been my folks and occasionally one other in the phonebook. That makes it rare, in Hawai'i anyway. In my Webster's dictionary, the definition goes like this... 1) having a fresh, healthy red color. or 2) British Slang. "Damned": A ruddy fool. Geez! There are also Ruddy Ducks and Turnstones(small sea birds). So all in all alittle different, eh?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I met a woman yesterday, her name is Jill Tung-Long. Yeah she tells me she gets a lot of ribbing from her friends.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I used to date a girl with the last name "Outlaw". She was part Scotish and told me it came from a Clan war. If you were on one side you were "Outlaws" and the other were "Inlaws". How much truth is in there I dont know, but ya gotta admit a name like that is hella cool!

Comment

Well let's extend the topic a little too not just your last names but also other last names that you think is cool or weird wether it be a relative a neighbor a friend or person you met. Babooze that last name outlaw is the coolest last name I have ever heard before, and Craig that last name Tung Long is sort of funny but also cool. I could imagin just how much ribbing she must have got from others. Oh I know the feeling.
          Last edited by Pedro; December 11, 2005, 12:28 PM.
          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

There were some really cruel parents in Boston who named their kid Alison Wonderland (that was their real surname). And somewhere in this country is a Dr. Peter Rabbitt who had a subscription to a British medical journal (I worked in the circulation/customer service dept. so I would see all kinds of weird/funny names).

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

From a December 2000 HonAdv article by Lee Cataluna...

Maui people have great names, like the legendary Silva brothers, Sterling, Quick and HiHo. (Yes, they’re for real).

In the category of "great names to say out loud" there’s Don Tarantaran, Memerto Baliquat, Charity Kanetoku and perhaps my all-time favorite, Pua Ting.

Comment

God.
                That was the name that Grace Slick of the "Jefferson Airplane" gave to her baby... who had it legally changed as a teenager. Probably got a lot of grief as a kid, though.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Then there's the two sisters: Porche and Mercedes...yep Filipino girls...what no son called BMW? Hala!

Comment

I knew a brother and sister, Tom and Kitty, whose family name was Cattoi (pronounced cat-toy.)

The principal of my mother's high school was Augustus Harold Rump, and he enjoyed making a joke at his own expense --- he signed his name as "A. Harry Rump."

Comment

I used to know a young lady , way back when.
                      Her name's Lily Bloom.
                      I wonder how she's doing? Hmmm.

Comment

Over at Clear Channel on Iwilei Street one of the sales guys is named Richard Raasche (I think that's the spelling)...he goes by the name Dick and yes he knows it.

At Home Depot in Hilo there are two cashiers named: Melody and Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man

I used to know a young lady , way back when.
                          Her name's Lily Bloom.
                          I wonder how she's doing? Hmmm.
                          She's probably doing fine and dandelion. Ouch.

Comment

That was really well done! And funny too. Right on Lurkah.

It said "I hafta spead da Aloha, befo' you stay get gum from me, li'dat."

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                              It said "I hafta spead da Aloha, befo' you stay get gum from me, li'dat."
                              No worries --- spearmint gum given on your behalf!

Comment

Working...
                              X