This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hawaii's worst actors

Speaking of insurance, can someone get the girl with the new car on the AIG commercial off the air??? Especially since her "dad" was also in a HECO commercial not too long ago....

I know the point they're trying to make about getting claims settled quickly in a humorous way, but couldn't some litigious knucklehead go after AIG for making "false" claims about their service. I always thought "truth in advertising" was important.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
      Speaking of insurance, can someone get the girl with the new car on the AIG commercial off the air??? Especially since her "dad" was also in a HECO commercial not too long ago....

I know the point they're trying to make about getting claims settled quickly in a humorous way, but couldn't some litigious knucklehead go after AIG for making "false" claims about their service. I always thought "truth in advertising" was important.
      I would guess that their claims in this case are so obviously outrageous and so obviously intended as humor that if you did take it to court the judge would find YOU to be the problem, and not the ads. If you really expected them to fix your car within 60 seconds, the judge might order a court-appointed psychiatrist to, uh, "study" the plaintiff's delusions.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
        I would guess that their claims in this case are so obviously outrageous and so obviously intended as humor
        Bingo!

that if you did take it to court the judge would find YOU to be the problem, and not the ads. If you really expected them to fix your car within 60 seconds, the judge might order a court-appointed psychiatrist to, uh, "study" the plaintiff's delusions.
        Make that 30 seconds! And, yes, the story line is over the top...an obvious exaggeration to make a point. This is true of all their commercials. And, because that concept has been going on for awhile, the spots must be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
          Speaking of insurance, can someone get the girl with the new car on the AIG commercial off the air???
          i strongly dislike that commercial to a large degree, emphatically.

She breaks into an Indian war dance that seems non-stop, as if afflicted with some auto-motion disorder.
          She just scored a new car?! Go out and dig it. Don't fall into a half hour whoooping cough fit in the den!

Comment

Originally posted by cherryobaby99
            I just want see what people out there think of our Local actors we have here in hawaii.. As far as i can see... On my list we have the famous actors from the Body mint commercials...
            Ok, does anyone watch shows on OC16? there was one like Black belt theater, that was sooooooo BADDDDDD.. I think the guy from Ultimate fighting was on there? Egan something...

Comment

Re: AIG spot

Just to let everyone know I wasn't serious about the AIG spots.....

But I did find something on the Fair Trade Commission website regarding what an advertiser claims they or their product can do, (because I was curious!) and as zztype surmised, is does come down to a "common sense" argument if things are presented in a unrealistic manner or setting.

I just think that having the whole campaign follow this humorous train of thought (I've recalled 5 spots....the car accident (I'm my own eyewitness", the guy who hits the mailbox, the elderly couple on the bridge, the garage door, and the new car) and the constant play of these (I don't watch too much TV, but I remember 'em) still tread into a little grey area though. If memory serves, this campaign has been going on for 3 years now. And this humorous mesage has been hammered home so much, that it becomes what you remember them for, humorous or not.

But just to get back on topic....nearly all low budget spots use family or friends for talent, especially those produced at TV stations. A "requirement" as an A.E. at a station is to appear in another A.E.'s client's spot....Some of these folks are excellent at marveling at whatever product is placed in front of them. But my worst gripe is the forced smile-and-handshake routine, especially in an office setting to "close a deal." STOP IT!!!!!!!

There's some GPS tracking spot with a teenager locked out of his car who mumbles something to his mom who just happens to be at home and is able to unlock his door by computer. Still can't understand what the guy says, and I wondered why he's parked in a dark out of the way area at night with his girlfriend and locks himself out. Now shouldn't they be INSIDE the car in a dark out of the area??????

Comment

Originally posted by cherryobaby99
                Ok, does anyone watch shows on OC16? there was one like Black belt theater,
                My cable package doesn't include OC16 but might you be referring to...
                http://www.bloodofthesamurai.com/
                or
                http://www.ninjaex.com/

that was sooooooo BADDDDDD.. I think the guy from Ultimate fighting was on there? Egan something...
                He appeared in both.

I'm a huge supporter of the young, indie filmmakers in Hawaii. Talk about starving artists!!! Anyway, the majority of them are passionate about what they do and have no money to back them. But, that doesn't stop them. They all have to start somewhere. Everyone's working for free. And, with no budget, beggars can't be choosers. They do the best they can with what they got! Eventually a few of them are able to take the next step up to low budget but that doesn't mean a heckuva lot!

Blood of the Samurai (the movie) has won numerous awards at film festivals, including HIFF. It was made for under $2000. That included shooting for 30 days. And, a disclaimer...I didn't like BotS. Like Ninja EX, it's just not my favorite genre altho' both are supposed to be very campy. I met the writer/director at the HIFF screening and told him I didn't like it! However, I was blown away by what he did with so little money. It eventually became a series on OC16.

We won't see any West Wing quality episodic tv on OC16 but what we already see is OC16 giving local filmmakers a chance. And, the more opportunities they get, the better they'll get. Practice. Practice. Practice!

Comment

Working...
                X