This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawaii's worst actors

I just want see what people out there think of our Local actors we have here in hawaii.. As far as i can see... On my list we have the famous actors from the Body mint commercials...

Re: hawaii's worst actors

Joe Moore...both his day and night job.

Comment

Just a short moderation note here. Please keep this discussion to the confines of local TV actors or personalities and not movie actors or stage actors who have not appeared on local TV. The discussion area is for "Hawaii Television".
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Dog the Bounty Hunter.
        I mean, he is acting, isn't he?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Dog the Bounty Hunter.
          I mean, he is acting, isn't he?
          ...and his soon to be "wife"

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Well...let's see...where do I begin?!

I doubt that Dog is instructed to 'act'. My guess is Dog is just being Dog. What you see is what you get! He seems to be a colorful character in real life which is probably why he was approached to do the show.

We have an extremely small pool of good actors in Hawaii due to limited opportunities. Acting classes go only to a certain level. People serious about the profession are pretty much forced to move to the mainland. The constant turnover makes my job tough! Acting is a learned skill that needs constant practice. Even academy award winning actors continue with private acting coaches.

Another problem for commercial actors in Hawaii is over-exposure. Seeing the same person appear in several ads for different advertisers dilutes the effectiveness of those ads. Once an 'actor' has appeared in a couple of commercials during the course of a year, s/he won't be hired again until those commercials are no longer airing. Casting directors here, whether local or mainland based, have no choice but to audition people with no acting experience.

A local client of mine made an astute observation after producing a project that was cast and filmed in Los Angeles. Speaking about the actors she saw in the casting session, she said..."Their worst is equal to our best.".

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Keanu Reeves certainly has to be one of Hawaii's worst actors. He's sort of from here, isnt' he?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                Keanu Reeves certainly has to be one of Hawaii's worst actors. He's sort of from here, isnt' he?
                I think he had some early, Big Island ties but don't think he's considered a 'local boy' like Jason Scott Lee is.

Comment

what about some of the cast from that show "northshore" they had some local actors..i saw robert kekaula, he wasnt to bad.. there was another guy Mark malalis, i think thats his name.. hes the guy that has done some mcdonalds commercials.. now he need to take some more acting lessons

Comment

Originally posted by cherryobaby99
                    what about some of the cast from that show "northshore" they had some local actors..i saw robert kekaula, he wasnt to bad.. there was another guy Mark malalis, i think thats his name.. hes the guy that has done some mcdonalds commercials.. now he need to take some more acting lessons
                    In addition to being the shy guy in the elevator in a local McDonald's spot, Mark also appeared in one of this year's HIFF award winning films, 'Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem'.
                    http://tinyurl.com/9eojb

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      I think he had some early, Big Island ties but don't think he's considered a 'local boy' like Jason Scott Lee is.
                      Oh. Well, he's still pretty bad though, isn't he? Somewhat wooden and expressionless.

Comment

Oh. Well, he's still pretty bad though, isn't he? Somewhat wooden and expressionless.
                        Well, Mel announced early on that he wants this thread to stay strictly within 'Hawaii Television'! It seems it's starting to wander OT to films with actors, good or bad, with Hawaii ties, big or small!

That said...good actors can be cast in roles that aren't right for them just as bad actors can be cast in roles that are perfect for them. When a bad actor is cast in the wrong role...double

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          Well, Mel announced early on that he wants this thread to stay strictly within 'Hawaii Television'! It seems it's starting to wander OT to films with actors, good or bad, with Hawaii ties, big or small!
                          Whoops! I apologize for going OT, folks.

I'm trying to remember who the McDonald's actor is, but I'm comin up blank. I can't think of what commercial(s) he was in.

I think the worst local TV actors are 1. children in ads and 2. teenagers in ads. And I mean almost all of them.

Comment

That McD's spot is still active and, like the other 2 in that campaign, it airs sporadically based on product promotion.
                            Last edited by mel; February 8, 2006, 06:43 PM. Reason: removal of possible libelous quote

Comment

[...]I think the worst local TV actors are 1. children in ads and 2. teenagers in ads. And I mean almost all of them.
                              Children, locally, and for the most part, have no acting experience. An audition studio and a film set are not 'natural surroundings' for anyone, much less kids! Ditto for teens, except some are involved in their drama departments at school or church. The kids who come out of Diamond Head Theater's Shooting Stars program are well prepared. But, like adults, in order to move to the next level, they must move to the mainland. Many do.

Comment

Working...
                              X