Peter Jacksons KING KONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Jacksons KING KONG

Is it just me or are there other people out there that are just dying and counting to the days to see KING KONG? I've been following all the new trailers and teasers online as well as the real time documentary of Peter Jackson in the making of this film and I just cannot wait til Wednesday the 14th!

Re: Peter Jacksons KING KONG

The reviews for this film have been surprisingly positive, especially for what might otherwise be "just another huge blockbuster." My wife has joked that it's just "Lord of the Monkeys," but I think our curiosity is getting the best of us.

The only thing is, there are suddenly plenty of movies out right now that we'd also like to see...

Comment

I've heard some people say that this could be bigger than "Titanic" as a box office money maker. I know for sure that I will be catching this giant monkey movie before the month is out.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Gonna go see it tonite(Wed). Will see if it lives up to the media hype, as well as my own. I've jacked myself up so much with all the previews i've seen to make that I hope I don't disappoint myself....
        We'll see...

Comment

i think i heard it cost something like $200 mil to make! man, that's A LOT of money!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

WOW!!!!! Kong is awesome!!! Definitely worth the price of admission! CG on Kong is simply unbelievable. Makes Jurassic Park look like claymation. Many great elements to the story but as you would expect, the T-rex battle royale is the highlight of the movie.
            Love it or hate it, you gotta go see it to believe it.
            2 shakas way up!

Comment

I have so looked forward to this film and I have never been so disappointed in a film in my life, its worse than the 1975 remake. The first hour is so boring it sent my wife and I to sleep. While the special effects are good several notable scenes from the original are missing. The first scene of Kong is such a major anti-climax that Ann Darrow does not scream once, nothing like the original.

On the positive side, the dinosaur stampede is great as is the battle with the T Rexes.

If you haven't seen the original, you will probably like this film but if you enjoy the original then expect to be disappointed.

Comment

the remake was on tv last night and i hadn't seen it so while working on my pc, i looked over my shoulder every now and then to see parts of it.

the thing that surprised me was recognizing some of the landmarks of kauai. if you've ever hiked into or kayaked to the valley, you'll recognize some of the places. very beautiful.

anyway, the remake was a little embarassing (imho). maybe they intentionally tried to make it a bit silly? and jessica lange. sure, she looks good but some of the sexual innuendoes (if not, i guess i just have a dirty mind?) were hilarious! especially the scene where the natives remove and reinsert the large piece of wood through the large latch!

anyway, thanks for the head's up, pablo.
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I wasn't sure how interested I was in this movie until I wandered into some blog babble about some "King Kong vs. Narnia" rivalry being another battle in the so-called culture war (citing a Fox "News" piece declaring "Kong" a bomb), at which point I knew I'd see it just because it might annoy someone who thinks like that.

It was a hell of a ride, well worth (as is said in the film) the price of an admission ticket. A little too fantastical for my taste (plenty of shades of LOTR, effects sequences that are incredible but narratively unneccessary), and with a lot more gruesome (but creative) deaths than I expected... but still good fun.

I thought the period work was great (the dialogue is supposed to be cheesy!), Naomi Watts was incredible (still undecided on Jack Black), and the "heart" of the original is done right... maybe even improved upon despite the huge serving of effects.

It is long. Really long. I didn't mind... though you'll want to watch you fluid consumption. Jackson is a director who likes to take his time, to be sure. The whole first act, some 45 minutes, is absent Kong or any whiz-bang stuff. But in this day of 80-minute "full length" movies where people want instant gratification in the first 10 minutes, it was a nice change to sit back and enjoy the ride... knowing what was ultimately coming.

Comment

According to EW magazine King Kong runs 187 mins and Peter Jackson cut 300 completed CGI shots out of the film to shorten it. I wonder if a "Lord of the Rings" type of extended version will come out on DVD? The film cost $305 million to make, so with a $66 million opening weekend, it has a LOT to go to break even.
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

Saw it this morning with a friend at Dole. I vaguely remember the original and the 1976 versions but this version does start out kind of slow showing what life was like in the 1930's.

All in all it was a good movie to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X