Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you pass down what your parents said to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will you pass down what your parents said to you?

Originally posted by stumphurple
    i teach my kids to

1. love the lord your god and your neighbor as yourself

2. love your country, the greatest in the whole world, with unfailing devotion to freedom and undying hatred for all enemies and traitors of america

3. keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer and keep your wallet closest

4. live for immortality

5. conquest is your birthright and supremacy is your destiny
    Don't forget #6. watch and worship fox news channel, for they are the true keepers of the message

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      Don't forget #6. watch and worship fox news channel, for they are the true keepers of the message
      Um, that's "Faux" news, which I watch just for giggles every now and then (know thine enemies)

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        (know thine enemies)
        Stumphurple says to keep them close! "Fairly unbalanced."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          *laughing*
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Please stay on topic, and don't taunt the newbies (too much). At least in this case, stumphurple was at least answering the original question.

Comment

eh no worries admin i can take one joke.

nah actually my kids and i listen to npr during commutes. listening to the libs makes them think harder about their own ideas. i want my kids to know the other side so that their ideology doesnt collapse at the first breath of opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by stumphurple
                actually my kids and i listen to npr during commutes... i want my kids to know the other side so that their ideology doesnt collapse at the first breath of opposition.
                That's the wisest statement you've made since rampaging onto this forum; I completely agree that you should expose children to viewpoints other than what they will get in their home; it will help them to make up their own minds about the world.

And since, over time, kids generally reject the perspectives of their parents anyway, there's hope for your children yet.

Comment

Getting somewhat back on topic...

On some issues, I'm glad that our kids will definitely hear more than one side of any issue. One parent is a Catholic, the other an atheist. Our opinions differ on everything from the death penalty to gun control. As they get older (they're too young to be too concerned about these issues now!), I'm hoping for some lively debates at the dinner table -- although I also know, usually, that politics and family never mix well.

As we ease them into the "diversity of viewpoints" world, though, there are compromises. We're holding firm to the absolute of Santa (though I suspect our eldest is only humoring us now), for example. And we're trying to raise our kids Catholic... as I always say, "At least they have a faith they can reject or rebel against later."

As soon as they're old enough to question and doubt, or even affirm and strengthen, their faith, I'll encourage them to do it.

Comment

I learned alot from my parents. Some things I embrace and some things that I hope I never do or say. I tried my best to live the good things for my kids to see and leave the negative talk I received out of the picture. So basically "No" I didn't pass down what my parents said to me.
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I tell my kids to get their degree! I don't care if it's Basketweaving 101 but in today's world a high school diploma just isn't enough if you want to make the big bucks. I also tell them to just listen to me and I set them on the path to prosperity. But like all teenagers, dey no listen...eh wat dat white wire coming outta da ear...friggin Ipods no wonder dey stay deaf!!

A parent's greatest revenge is spoiling the grandkids. Yeah I'll watch the grandkids tonight...in bed by 8pm no problem go have fun.

Okay kids it's 9pm, mom and dad going pick you guys up in 30-minutes, who wants a Pepsi!

When my older brother became a proud daddy, he told my dad not to send gifts that made noise and took batteries. Well the next year he sent him a toy fire truck with working siren and water pump, and a box of rechargable batteries and a charger.

And finally, it took being a parent to fully realize this statement: This is going to hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you!

Good night see ya in the morning, it's late (3am) and da kids are fast asleep.

zzzzzzz
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"you can pick yer friends. and you can pick yer nose.
                        But ya CAIN'T pick yer friend's nose."

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          ...and you can't wipe your friends on the couch.
                          ewwwwww!!!

Comment

my freinds are nice, they are good. they are yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              [...]A parent's greatest revenge is spoiling the grandkids. Yeah I'll watch the grandkids tonight...in bed by 8pm no problem go have fun.

Okay kids it's 9pm, mom and dad going pick you guys up in 30-minutes, who wants a Pepsi! [...]
                              Yo! Craig? Will you be MY grampa? Puhleeeeeeeze!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                                In the words of George Carlin: You can prick your finger...but NEVER finger your prick!
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X