Bishop Museum Events & Exhibits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bishop Museum Events & Exhibits

Oh Kimo! I'm so sorry you didn't take the time to really look around. In Atherton Halau were many artists, woodworkers, cordage necklace of all kinds, shell work, etc. In the A-Frame was a beautiful all wooden sailing canoe (wish it was mine's) and the larger carvings, etc. In Hawaiian Hall were the feather workers, various lei creations and more woodwork. I have to admit the music presented, although nice, really didn't fit the event. BTW: The tents were empty 'cause everything was moved indoors in case of rain. It was a lovely day though. Today was gloomy, but we only got a short rainshower. And the whole museum was open. The Science Adventure Center, Planetarium and today was the last day for the kids to see "Elmo". I truly don't see how you had such a dismal experience. Sorry.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      BTW: The tents were empty 'cause everything was moved indoors in case of rain.
      dayum
      got a thing of water before going in and da snakbar wahine I wen ax wheah da kine, she told me: "well, they are probably all gone by now."

So... when i wen holoholo out to da lawn, I saw all the empty tents. and since maddie steh waiting in da van, i figgah...
      no mo da kine.

Comment

One of these days I'm going to have to go in the front door again. Typically I'm headed for the library to see somebody upstairs, so I go to the side entrance (mauka side). That means I never see any of the exhibits.

I've been going there so long I remember when that trailer opposite that entrance was first put into place; it amazes me it's still there. It took up all the parking places Dad and I used to use when we'd pick Mom up at work.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Traditions of the Pacific Series "Sinkholes"

Thursday April 20th, 2006 at 6pm.

A discussion of fascinating fossil remains of plants and animal species found in Hawai'i. Spiders, pseudo-scorpions, etc. Special items from the Bishop Museum collection will be brought out for display.

For reservations call 848-4157 Cost: $5.00

Comment

The next exhibit ( April 22nd to May 21st, 2006 ) for Castle Building is...

Celebrating Chinese Women: Qing Dynasty to Modern Hawai'i

Here's a LINK.

Comment

gawd that's a coeenkeedink.
              coming soon, a photographic overview of da Mahu tradition of downtown from the 60's to now...at the Honolulu Academy of Arts titled:

Celebrating Chinatown Wo"men": from Glades Dynasty to Modern Hawai'i

Comment

The next exhibit ( April 22nd to May 21st, 2006 ) for Castle Building is...

Celebrating Chinese Women: Qing Dynasty to Modern Hawai'i

Here's a LINK.

Hello fellow co-worker. I remember talking to one of the exhibit staffs two years ago and she told me about the newest exhibit that's coming up soon. She flew over to china for a few months just to prep it. I think it will rock, at least I hope it will. The pass traveling exhibits that I enjoyed was the Sesame Street Does The Body, because the exhibit was interactive for kids, and it made you feel like one, in a good way. There was a small miny make-believe shop where kids could pretend they were shopping. If only I didn't have to stand out in the rain directing traffic being that it is part of my job. We were out of parking by nine fifteen in the morning especially during the spring break season. And I have never seen so many cars in my life till that time. Another Exhibit I thought was interesting was the Chocolate Exhibit, four years back. It was about how Chocolate came about. There were some artifacts that was displayed as well. I never tasted so much chocolate. It did O.K. One Exhibit that will do well is Grossology so I've been told, and it's right after this new Chinese Exhibit.
                A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

HaHaHa... That sounds like a good fun event to see also. Just don't call me "Shirley", eh?!

Ooops, Pedro got in there before I got this posted. I was responding to the Downtown Ladies Exhibit.
                  Last edited by Menehune Man; April 18, 2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

all right "Shir..." Sorry words almost slipped out of my mouth I mean fingers on the key board.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                      Hello fellow co-worker. I remember talking to one of the exhibit staffs two years ago and she told me about the newest exhibit that's coming up soon. She flew over to china for a few months just to prep it. I think it will rock, at least I hope it will. One Exhibit that will do well is Grossology so I've been told, and it's right after this new Chinese Exhibit.
                      Yeah I saw some of the set up today. Lots of Reds and Yellows!

And that Grosology exhibit sounds just that! Believe it concerns our bodily functions. Hmmm.

Comment

Tomarrow April 30th, 2006

A Women's Health Fair featuring over 30 vendors offering products from healthy foods & supplements to make-up and massage. Also feng shui consultations, accupuncture, music & dance, martial arts presentations and crafts.

All the Museum's galleries and exhibitions will be open!

$3.00 for Locals from 9 to 5

Sounds like a Great day for the ladies and lady watchers!
                        And the Best part? I'll be there all day!

Comment

Sounds like a Great day for the ladies and lady watchers!
                          And the Best part? I'll be there all day!
                          Don't remind me I'll be there all day with ya, man I could use a nice vacation to the Big Island. Anyhow do come an check it out one and all it will be a great event for the ladies like menehune man said.

Comment

May 12th, 06 Friday Night from 6 to 9pm.

"Revealed" an evening of delicious food, fine wine and terrific entertainment. Under the stars on the Great Lawn.

The inaugural evening, themed " Jazz & Wine " will feature the soothing sounds of Rocky Brown & Friends, including Gabe Baltazar, Abe Lagrimas, dean Taba, and Manoa DNA.

Guests can sip on glasses or flights of wine and dine on delicious cuisine from a few select restaurants. The Museum's exhibits and galleries will also be open.

Tickets are $10 for General Admission ans $5 for Members.
                            For more info call #847-3511

Comment

I want to go but only thing I can't drink, cause I have to work that night. WHY? Oh wel.... The PAIN

Comment

May 12th, 06 Friday Night from 6 to 9pm.

"Revealed" an evening of delicious food, fine wine and terrific entertainment. Under the stars on the Great Lawn.

For more info call #847-3511
                                It was a wonderful night that all enjoyed!
                                I found out it's going to be an event every 3 months, with different music and restaurants represented. Pretty cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X