Favorite/Worst Movies 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite/Worst Movies 2005

I have to add "King Kong" into my list of favorite films for 2005. Saw it this past weekend... nicely done update that brings the story back to 1930s New York. The dinosaur segments far surpass that of "Jurassic Park" and its sequels.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

it IS getting rave reviews from all corners...
      The trailers online show alotta cool behind the scenes and CG work...
      Madazza picked up da orig. Kong on DVD and we relished it; remastered WITH... orig. deleted scenes added.
      Koo whul!

OH! and then as soon as the dvd ended, scanning channels, we saw Dino's version, ya know da one with J.Lang, J. Bridges... terrible.
      Kong walks around upright like some dude pimpin on da ave, with a strut...
      The c/u when he lies dying shows very plainly, the deep set actor's eyes behind the Kong mask... and the separation of the mask...
      awful.
      but still fun.
      after all I am one of mst3k's biggest fans, so that sez alot.

IF... you see 76's version, you will see alotta spooky footage of the world trade center. they used that location alot.
      Last edited by kimo55; January 2, 2006, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I don't see a lot of movies, so I tend to pick ones I know I'm likely to enjoy.
        In the past few months, I remember enjoying:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
        Good Night, and Good Luck
        Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
        Memoirs of a Geisha

and a nice surprise (lent to us on DVD): The Triplets of Belleville

Comment

Four of my favs -

1. Brokeback Mountain. You just really felt for those two guys. The visuals were stunning and helped get you in the mindset of the isolation and small town feel of Wyoming.

2. March of the Penguins another great movie. YOu really felt for the penguins and their challenges they overcame. The scenary again was gorgeous.

3. 40 year old virgin - For the nerds in all of us out there. You could feel the awkwardness and happiness that Andy stitzer felt on his trek for getting poonanny.

4. The squid and the Whale - The humor, the character complexity and the interesting turn of events...wow, I can't beleive noone has seen this movie or commented on it.

Comment

uh sorry. but NO, yer wrong. I did not feel for the cowboys.
            I didn't also feel for the penguins.
            and nuh uh.. also did not feel the nerd's awkwardness.

"The squid and the Whale - The humor, the character complexity and the interesting turn of events...wow, I can't beleive noone has seen this movie or commented on it."

Nope, wrongo boyo...
            talked with Noone the other day. He DID see the movie.
            Last edited by kimo55; January 24, 2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

:Alderwood Mall Lowes Cineplex:
              I enjoyed:
              • The Chronicles of Narnia
              • King Kong was alright.
              • Madagascar
              Hated:
              • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire(The books are always BETTER.)
              • Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Warerabbit
              • War of the Worlds (kids were creeped out so bad we had to take them to view Madagascar immediately after the show)
              I have kids so majority of the movies we go out to see are PG & G rated. "cept for War of Worlds...figured the kids could handle...whoops!
              Last edited by Pikake; January 25, 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saigonwarrior
                The squid and the Whale - The humor, the character complexity and the interesting turn of events...wow, I can't beleive noone has seen this movie or commented on it.
                I saw The Squid and the Whale last weekend and loved it. I thought it was the best movie I've ever seen that depicts divorce from a kid's perspective. Laura Linney is one of my favorite actresses (I've loved her since the Tales of the City series!) and both kids did a great job. The ending was a little abupt, but I can live with that. I think one of the reasons that no one else has commented on it is because it only opened here a couple weeks ago and is released on DVD in February.

Comment

sheesh..from reading the movie list all posted, i just realized, its been a looong while since i've sat in a theater.

DVD wise however is another matter.

so i'd have to say Batman Begins was a good movie as for one of the suckiest i'd have to say the last Star Wars movie.

Comment

This thread is not for discussion of another user's separate and personal website. If you wish to continue, please send your comments via private message. To keep this thread on topic, the posts have been hidden.

Comment

Does this have to be a move made in 2005, or just what I saw in 2005? Cuz I don't go to movies, but I watch them at home.

Yay for Netflix!
                      Aloha,
                      Mokihana

Comment

I think it's for movies made or released in 2005. Star Wars Episode III was released in 2005 but most of the live action shots were filmed before that.

Comment

Working...
                        X