Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do the first day of the New Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do the first day of the New Year?

For the past two weeks my husband and I have been preparing to put our home on the market to sell. We've been packing up our clutter in cardboard boxes and plastic bins. We've been cleaning and prepping to paint. Also have been updating our home with new appliances, fixtures, doors etc. Today we're taking a break from it all.....

This morning we scoped out a couple of listings to see if they were located in "less-than-desirable" areas. Purchased an 8-piece masterbedroom set. Went to Home Depot to pick up more supplies. Later called my parents who were at uncle's house at Sunset Beach to wish all a Happy New Year, talk about golfing and tell them how much I miss them.

As we do every January 1st, we eat leftover chinese from the night before...

So what did you do the first day of the New Year? What foods did you eat?
    Lovena

Re: What did you do the first day of the New Year?

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics

So what did you do the first day of the New Year? What foods did you eat?
    Aloha Lavena! Happy New Year girlfriend!

This morning it was remarkably cool in Hawaii Kai. At about 430 a.m. I woke up to open the house up as we had shut it up the night before to block the smoke. I then went back to bed until about 8 a.m. What a treat that was!

For New Year's Eve I made California rolls using the avocados from our tree, home-made split pea soup, home-made pizzas for the kids to design themselves.

So this morning for breakfast I made killer fried rice from the leftover sushi rice using some pork shoulder I put in the soup, green onion, celery and egg. So simple yet so incredibly ono! Slid two over-easy eggs on top and my husband was in heaven! Slosh on some Tabasco and fuhgedaboudit! (stuffy nose).

I just now finished vacuuming and plan to do some more organizing around the house. I might take down the tree, but I'm losing ambition!

I'm just so pleased that tomorrow is a holiday!!!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Got up late, read the newspaper. Made Eggs Benedict. Then we went to the Asian supermarket (Uwajimaya) and bought some maguro ($17.99/lb), Spam musubi, kim chee, somen noodles, Vietnamese sweet bread (I swear that it tastes exactly like pao duce with raisins!), bok choy and some other stuff. Came home, made "piggies in a blanket" for lunch. Dinner tonight was Honeybaked Ham, mashed orange sweet potatoes with maple syrup, green beans and horseradish sauce. Movie tonight: "Meet the Fockers".

Tomorrow: wake up earlier (hopefully), make breakfast (probably link sausage, eggs and blueberry pancakes) then head north to go see one of the largest confluences bald eagles in America in their winter habitat along one of our rivers.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I wrote in my Blog, checked what was going on here at H.T. Tried on some of my new clothes I purchased. Planned how I'm going to redecorate my bedrooms. Took a drive with my neice and family to Stadium Mall to get MAMA more "Yobo" Movies. Finally, had a wonderful dinner at Liliha Seafood.

...back at home. MAMA watching her "Yobo" Movies and very happy. I'm on my computer and very very happy!

Life is GRAND! hELLO 2006!

aUNTIE pUPULE
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Once I got thru the adrenaline driven early morning hours of Jan. 1, I hosted a new friend to my little corner of the world in Makaha! I met a traveling mammographer at Kapiolani Women's Center last week. She arrived in Hawaii on 12/17 for her 3 month assignment. Such a nice gal and we just hit it off as she was squishing the $h!t outta my b@@bz!!! After a few wrong turns she found her way from Waikiki to Makaha. I made brunch then we checked the erosion in front of my place (how's that for a good time?!), the surf at Makaha Beach and the beauty of Yoke's. She now wants to stay in Hawaii!!! Nice day!
          Last edited by tutusue; January 1, 2006, 09:29 PM. Reason: d@mn typos!

Comment

I got up early to work off the fine dining meal from Turtle Bay's 21 Degrees North that my boyfriend and I had consumed the night before. I said "Happy New Year" to my boyfriends' neighbors, who were out cleaning up their firecracker/fireworks/party messes from the rainy streets. After over an hour of walking, I tried to help my boyfriend with his Myspace page, we had breakfast (chicken fried rice with extra chili sauce for me, yum), watched some tv, ordered Pizza Hut for lunch, played some primitive old-school Tetris, took a post-pizza afternoon nap, tried some of my boyfriend's homemade chili (yum, yum, nice n' spicy!), saw "Harry Potter" at the movies, and spent time with the cats, since I'd been unable to see them all week.

Tomorrow: Fiesta Bowl at Eastside Grill with the rest of the OSU Alumni Association--Go Bucks!

Crud. So much for the movie idea. My boyfriend and I weren't thinking. Although we chose a movie that we figured would be relatively uncrowded, we failed to account for the lines to see Geisha and King Kong--we got to the movie theater at the last minute for the movie we wanted to see, but the line for tickets was ridiculously long. Ended up watching a movie at home instead.

Hope everyone's first day of 2006 was a great one!
            Last edited by AbsolutChaos; January 1, 2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Got up. Watched some football. Went to church. Had lunch with the wife at MayMays Chinese restaurant (behind Jack in the Box Kaneohe). Took down the lights and decorations. Watched some more football.

Comment

Slept late, watched tv, booked hotel reservations for a trip to Las Vegas, made pork chops and rice pilaf for dinner.

Comment

Woke up at 0745, waited for the guy from The Fan Shop to come take down our broken ceiling fan and replace it with the one I bought on Friday, then went to the store for new red potatos, onions and carrots. Put a leg of lamb into the oven at 1630, added the veggies at 1700. The younger generation arrived about 1800. Carved the roast about 1845 and served up.

Don't ask me why the fan guy volunteered to come in on New Year's Day to do this, I haven't a clue.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I goofed off around the apartment half the day, & then my hubby & I went to see a movie called: Fun with Dick & Jane, that was pretty funny!. Then later we all went to look for a restaurant to eat. No one was open on Sunday at all. , atleast we foud this chinese place, so we just had a bowl of noodles with vegy stuff on it, that was pretty good.
                    Last edited by Serenity; January 3, 2006, 06:21 PM.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                      I goofed off around the apartment half the day, & then my hubby & I went to see a movie called: Fun with Dick & Jane, that was pretty funny!. Then later we all went to look for a restaurant to eat. No one was open on Sunday at all. , atleast we foud this chinese place, so we just had a bowl of needles with vegy stuff on it, that was pretty good.
                      There's absolutely no way to maintain tranquility and serenity after eating a bowl of needles! Especially the day after!

Comment

wheeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          There's absolutely no way to maintain tranquility and serenity after eating a bowl of needles! Especially the day after!
                          oooopsie , I made some error changes. LOL. I am sure it would have been painful,too.

Thanks for the reply, though.

LOL.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            wheeeeeeee!
                            Cute. *still thinking about my error post.* LOL.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              Then we went to the Asian supermarket (Uwajimaya)
                              Once again, so close and yet so far!
                              We ate dim sum right across the street from Uwajimaya that morning (at Ocean Gate) - and we were in Kinokuniya both before and after the meal!

Comment

Working...
                              X