Where to go for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go for breakfast?

Where's a good breakfast restaurant that gives good bang for the buck, or is just plain awesome regardless of price?

Re: Where to go for breakfast?

I don't know where you are at or how important the overall cost of the breakfast is, but when I do happen to eat a breakfast, (and when I'm in that part of Honolulu, which is not enough) I love the Hungry Lion. It's clearly not the cheapest place for breakfast, but they do have an extensive menu of breakfast foods available thoughout the day. In my opinion, the food is standard breakfast food...nothing great, but certainly not below par. I just like the atmosphere, the bustle of the place, and the other diners who patronize the Hungry Lion...all of those factors contribute to why I enjoy the Hungry Lion. It kind of reminds of a place Seinfeld and his gang would have felt at ease in had they ever happened to visit Honolulu!

Comment

From this website,
      http://www.10best.com/Honolulu/Resta...nch/index.html
      I can recommend:
      --Anna Miller's
      --Eggs n' Things (crazy lines for this one!)
      --Wailana Coffee House (has a line but line moves quickly)
      --Orchids (but only if you want to splurge; out of the Waikiki hotel breakfast/brunch buffets, this one's probably one of the nicest in Waikiki)

From this website,
      http://honolulu.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/breakfast
      I recommend additionally:
      --Liliha Bakery
      --Koa Pancake House
      --Original Pancake House
      --The others on the list have been voted "best of," but I've not been to them so I can't personally recommend them...perhaps others here on HT can recommend some of them too?

Another good site that recommends some good breakfast places:
      http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/rest/oam.htm

Comment

For beachside ambience and good food I like the Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel...Diamond Head end of Kalakaua. A little pricey but a very nice dining experience.

Comment

I like Big City Diner @ Ward Center. Also my brother & his wife go to Keoni's in Waikiki (across from Food Pantry, where old Jolly Roger used to be). They go there almost every week. Also, Original Pancake House on Kapiolani - but they have limited hours.

Fran
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Anna Miller's is sort of my neighborhood breakfast café. They occasionally have lines, but those lines move pretty quickly. It's good American coffee shop food (they make a great pastrami sandwich, which is hard to find in this town, or at least in this part of town). If you're in the Pearl City/Aiea/Newtown area, try 'em.

Their pies are very very good, too.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

For breakfast, lunch or dinner and good "Local" Food with prices that can't be beat, I reccomend the following places:

Janes Fountain on Liliha Street.

Liliha Bakery open 24 hours (closed on Mondays)

Uptown Cafe on School Street

Pancake House

BBQ Hut on King Street (Awesome Friedrice omelettes)

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

* Times Café in Kailua -- Their fried rice is BDFM! (brok da freekin mout)

* Like Like Drive Inn -- Breakfast 24 hours a day, Loco Moco worth bloodshed and fried rice served higher than Diamond Head.

* Koa Pancake House -- Vinha D'Alos (am I spelling that right?) is da bomb!

And of course, if in L.A., you must hit Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles!

Comment

Cinnamon's in Kailua is so delicious! Nice atmosphere and inexpensive. Plus they have da best pancakes!

Comment

Koa Pancake House, any branch! The BEST!
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                      Koa Pancake House, any branch! The BEST!
                      Wish there was one in Waianae. We need more options out there. Of course, it would help if the local residents were in a position to support more restaurants.

Comment

Wow! Thats a great list of suggestions! Have to say that I agree on a lot that were mentioned and I look forward to try the many ono places that I haven't been to yet.
                        Kind of a monthly outing thing that my friends and I do when we go riding around the island. We always try to start off with a good breakfast at somewhere new or different.
                        All very good suggestions! Thanks a bunch everybody!

Comment

how did NOBODY mention

ZIPPY'S!!!

the antidote to hunger

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n
                            Cinnamon's in Kailua is so delicious! Nice atmosphere and inexpensive. Plus they have da best pancakes!
                            I'm in there often with my mom. If you see a "Local" Haole guy and a sweet little grey haired lady, stop by and say... Menehune Man?

P.S. I love it!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I LOVE Koa Pancake House in Kaneohe. (Love their chocolate chip pancakes)

Anna Miller's is definitely a great late night (after everything else closes down) place to have breakfast as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X