Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    OMG (Did someone mention old school Sonics)...Slick Watts, Jack Sikma, Gus Williams, Paul Hanslick, Downtown Freddie Brown, D.J. Dennis Johnson, Coach Lennie Wilkens, Paul Silas, The Wheedle....

and I just got it on the tip of my tongue... was his name Lonnie Shelton?

(If your a true sonics fan... you'll understand the tip of the tongue pun)
    Yup. It was Lonnie Shelton. You neglected to mention current sucky GM and teammate on that winning team, Wally (boy he has nice legs!) Walker.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wooohooo Seahawks actually won and move on to the NFC Championship Game.
      Actually the Seahawks will face either the Bears or the Panthers next weekend.
      That will be decided tomorrow when the Panthers and the Bears play. The good
      news Seahawks have homefield advantage either way. Also it seems Shaun
      Alexander was no too banged up when I saw him on the sideline. So he should
      be ready to go next week.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Hopefully it will end up being the Bears v.s. Seahawks next Saturday--it would be nice to not have to go up against the Panthers' formidable Steve Smith.

I'm not a fan of football, but this was one exciting game. Looking forward to next Saturday, and glad that they'll be playing at Qwest Field.
        Last edited by U'ilani; January 14, 2006, 05:08 PM.
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I don't care who they play next week.

I'm just glad they're playing next week.

Hopefully Alexander does make it back.

Any UH fans realize that this is the Same Alexander that the Warriors shut down 2 years straight?

Any of us true fans would love to see Denver vs. Seattle in the Superbowl...
          Being that they both were rivals for so long in the AFC West before Seattle got moved. I remember thinking at the time... How is Seattle going to compete in the NFC!!! (I think I still have one of my old Broncobuster T-shirts)

Lets hope Seattle can make it to Detroit!!!!

Comment

Wooohoo The Pats got eliminated too, how sweet is that . I personally
            hope the Panthers beat the Bears. The Bears have a formidable defense.

It appears Shaun Alexander will be OK.
            http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9165505

I hope its a Seahawks vs Colts Superbowl.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

What a game, what a win!

I knew (hoped?!) that Maurice Morris would carry the load when Shaun went out.

As a Seattle sports fan, the only things sweeter for me would be Ichiro hitting .400 and the M's winning the series--some day.

Let's hope for one more win and then off to Detroit.

Comment

Bring on the Panthers next Sunday! We going run circles around those guys if Shaun is healthy...

One time when I was in Charlotte, I drove past Panther Stadium. In the front is a humungous statue of a snarling black panther. I hope we can send them back to Charlotte feeling like popoki instead of wild animals. I hope the Panthers like rain, because we're going to probably have rain at game time and they'll be slip sliding away!

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  I hope the Panthers like rain, because we're going to probably have rain at game time and they'll be slip sliding away!

Miulang
                  Er, isn't there a roof? Where is the game, anyway? Safeco?
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    Er, isn't there a roof? Where is the game, anyway? Safeco?
                    No, Qwest Field, where the Seahawks play, mostly definitely does NOT have a roof! When the designs were being drawn up (one proposal had a retractable roof like Safeco Field, which is next door---home of the Mariners---had), Paul Allen nixed the idea of having a roof because it reminded him too much of the years the Seahawks spent playing in the enclosed Kingdome. Now you get rained on and freeze to death...just like the fans of many other NFL teams. They do have artificial turf, though.

I saw the last game the Seahawks played in the Kingdome in person and the first game the Seahawks played at Qwest Field in person. If we were playing the Panthers in the Kingdome, they would also go home DEAF. We laid claim to having the stadium that produced the highest decibel levels of noise (thanks, 12th man!) of all stadiums in the US. Playing in the Kingdome used to be so bad that the officials would call delay of game when the crowds got especially noisy so the opponent's QB couldn't call audibles. Every now and then we would also get rained on because the roof would leak.

Another little trivia note: The "wave" is reputed to have been created by rabid Seahawks fans (actually I think they stole it from the UW Huskies).

Miulang
                    Last edited by Miulang; January 15, 2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Yes Miulang... they actually stole it from the Huskies.

I remember reading an article about it back in the early 80's about the origination of the "Stadium Wave." It was back when Don James was a coach... can't remember the exact year....

Comment

i just did a wikipedia search...and they are claiming that it started with the Oakland Athletics.... However, I think wikipedia might actually be wrong this time.

Wikipedia does however also mention that there are disputes to the claim and that it could have started at the Husky Stadium on Oct. 31. 1981.

I'm saying that I'm pretty sure it started at the Husky stadium.

Comment

I've always heard that it started at UDub. That's a beautiful location for a stadium, too, with the lake behind one end zone.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Go Steelers!

Comment

Should be some interesting rivalry within our company this week --- while half the creative team is based in Seattle, the rest (and the home office) are in a suburb of Charlotte --- which is where I will be for most of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
                                Go Steelers!
                                The Stoolers were so lucky against the Colts.

Luck won't beat the Hawks. We are a solid team. We lose the MVP of the NFL in the First quarter of the game and still managed to dominate a team that beat us earlier in the season.

The Stoolers on the other hand... they don't even know how to "Sit on the ball"

Looks like the Bus had one major valve leak that almost cost them the game last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X