Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

The New York Times has an article tonight about the Seahawks and how they are making geek chic. I think they're making a bit much out of it, but it is entertaining to read:

A New Breed of Pocket Protector
    By LEE JENKINS
    SEATTLE, Jan. 23 - Any computer geek who dreamed of going to the Super Bowl has found his fantasy team.

The quarterback is bald. The running back plays chess. The owner helped establish Microsoft.

The Seattle Seahawks are Paul G. Allen's team, built in his egghead image. Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft and the third-wealthiest person in the United States, spent Sunday evening jumping up and down in the Seahawks' locker room, probably trying to keep his eyeglasses from falling off his face. It looked to be his first victory party that did not involve a merger.

"Wow," Allen said, moments after the Seahawks advanced to their first Super Bowl. "How intense was that?"

It was more intense than a hard drive.

The Seahawks, on the other hand, are known mainly for an owner who is worth $21 billion, according to Forbes, yet still wears rumpled suits and bulky white sneakers.

"I can't begin to understand what his day is like," Seattle Coach Mike Holmgren said. "I don't think any of us could."

If any football players could carry on a conversation with Allen, they might be Seahawks. Shaun Alexander, Seattle's star tailback, started a program to teach elementary-school students to play chess. Matt Hasselbeck, the quarterback, wore an argyle sweater to a news conference during the playoffs and traded quips with reporters. The Seahawks may slowly be bringing geek chic to the National Football League.

After Seattle beat the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Hasselbeck left Qwest Field with his father. Alexander had a party for friends and relatives at his home, but by 2 a.m. everyone had left and his wife was asleep. "I was just cleaning up by myself," Alexander said.

While the Steelers had a raucous celebration after they eliminated the Denver Broncos on Sunday, the Seahawks simply called a huddle in their locker room and tried to express their feelings. Holmgren got up to speak. Allen followed him. Offensive guard Steve Hutchinson gave it a try. "No one really knew what to say," Hasselbeck said. "No one had the words."
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Yeah, this is how "nice" the team is and how respectful they are, too: where most coaches would have gotten drenched by that 10 gallon jug of Gatorade at the end of the game, Holmgren emerged totally dry.

Paul Allen, the mystery hoister of the "12th Man" flag in front of the stadium before game time, had tears in his eyes and choked up when the announcer reminded him of the days when his dad used to take him to see the Washington Huskies play.

The raucous victory party in Pioneer Sq. resulted in 0 arrests for disorderly conduct. Oh, we have our bad boys on the team too, the ones who are arrested for DUI and domestic violence, but somehow the team managed to put all that aside and play as though they were all pulling for each other.

Nice job, Seahawks. We'll love you even if you don't win on Feb. 5. You all have XL hearts and dedication.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        ANYONE WANT TO PLACE A FRIENDLY WAGER?

I know gambling is not legal nor endorsed on these boards....so I'll keep it simple.

Anyone wanna bet Car Washes Vs. Car Washes that Seattle Beats Pittsburg?

This would be straight across.... so if Vegas does have the odds favoring Pittsburg...then some Stooler fan out here in Hawaii must be willing to put on a friendly "car wash bet".... Any takers... feel free to PM me
        It's been a day... I guess there's no confident Stooler fans out there???

No responses to my car wash bet????

My prediction... Seahawks 27 Stoolers 17

Mark my words... you heard it hear first...(putting my foot in my mouth now just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
          Yeah, and just look at what happened last night to the over confident panther nation! Say what!!!

XL is going to be good...we're gonna see the two Polynesian Power (Polamalu and Tatupu) battle it out there.

I'm not giving up on our boyz - GO SEATTLE SEAHAWKS!!!
          You forgot Itula Mili.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Let the Steelers be overconfident. I think we're hungrier and play better when we're the underdogs. Shaun Alexander's smile last night after the game could have lit up LA!

Miulang
            Right now the media is glorifying the Steelers like USC before the Rose Bowl. Seahawks are downplayed like the Texas Longhorns. This will boost the Seahawks to play like the Longhorns.

Comment

Hey everyone!
              I was just cruising the internet looking for seahawk fans in Honolulu, and here I am. I just have to say that it would be a shame not to have a Seahawk SuperBowl party, because in the advertiser on Monday, they showed the Steelers club here in town.

On the Seahawks website, it says we can have an official fan club here in town if we have 10 members. The Seahawks would actually send people from the organization to meet us (players, personnel, sea gals?) if we can get people to join a Seahawks fan club. Anyone interested??

I just got back yesterday from the NFC championship game and still haven't gotten my voice back yet. I passed through Pioneer Square on the way back to Coleman Dock (and Ivar's first before getting on the ferry), and it was pretty happening. I never high fived sooooo many strangers in my life. The atmosphere was electric.

Ok, so WE NEED TO HAVE A SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL PARTY!!!! I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere on the island as long as there are lots of seahawk fans!!

We are totally going to win the SuperBowl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick
                Hey everyone!
                I was just cruising the internet looking for seahawk fans in Honolulu, and here I am. I just have to say that it would be a shame not to have a Seahawk SuperBowl party, because in the advertiser on Monday, they showed the Steelers club here in town.

On the Seahawks website, it says we can have an official fan club here in town if we have 10 members. The Seahawks would actually send people from the organization to meet us (players, personnel, sea gals?) if we can get people to join a Seahawks fan club. Anyone interested??

I just got back yesterday from the NFC championship game and still haven't gotten my voice back yet. I passed through Pioneer Square on the way back to Coleman Dock (and Ivar's first before getting on the ferry), and it was pretty happening. I never high fived sooooo many strangers in my life. The atmosphere was electric.

Ok, so WE NEED TO HAVE A SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL PARTY!!!! I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere on the island as long as there are lots of seahawk fans!!

We are totally going to win the SuperBowl!!
                I'm game for an "official fan club"...

Where do I sign up?

Where are you planning on watching the game? I live close to Ala Moana also.

I know the Steeler fans seem to have taken over Dave and Busters....(I was thinking there must be a way to spoil there party....hahahah)

Comment

I'm game for an "official fan club"...

Where do I sign up?

Where are you planning on watching the game? I live close to Ala Moana also.

I know the Steeler fans seem to have taken over Dave and Busters....(I was thinking there must be a way to spoil there party....hahahah)
                  I'm wondering if we couldn't get something going like at Murphy's...that's a pretty cool place. I'm not quite sure where I'm gonna see the game...I'm leaning towards Ala Moana's Food Court because they have a lot of room and a few big screens. I think that would be a GREAT place for us to invade with our Seahawk party because 1) it's free and 2) plenty of parking.

as for the Seahawks fan club, on the website I'll grab the sign up sheet to start a club charter locally...just gotta find 8 more people!!

Oh, on the seahawks website, it lists local politician Sam Aiona as one person looking to start a seahawks fan club here locally...I talked to him via email a while back...so we only need 7 more people.
                  Last edited by Kittrick; January 24, 2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Put my name on.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hate to tell you Seahawk fans but the Steeler fans outnumber you here like 100 to 1. Go to any bar on Sunday, heck even Eastside grill has a huge Steeler group and you see the black and gold everywhere. I'm not even a Steeler fan either.

If its one place I have seen Seahawk jerseys is at Red Lion on University. There's 2 to 3 guys who walk around sporting Alexander jerseys on sundays. Maybe you can start your fan club there.

Two great teams in this super bowl. But I gotta give an edge to the Steelers. They have faced a much tougher schedule than the Seahawks and are playing great football right now. The Steelers can turn high powered Offenses off. Seattle has an exciting D but they don't seem as physical as the Steelers. The battle of the lines will determine who wins this game. I admire Walter Jones, that is one hell of a player you got there.

Even if Seattle loses this game, they are a good bet to go back for 2 to 3 more superbowls. The NFC is weak (Chicago, NYG, Atlanta and Dallas are overrated) with only Carolina and Wash in any position to challenge) and the Seahawks are 21 million under the cap. So yes, Alexander can be signed easily and the core of the team (D. Jackson, Hasselback, Tatupu, Hutchinson) is just getting into their prime. Your fan club here will grow big time.

This game could come down to 3-5 plays. Two really good and evenly matched teams.

Steelers 26
                      Seahawks 20

Comment

Originally posted by saigonwarrior
                        Hate to tell you Seahawk fans but the Steeler fans outnumber you here like 100 to 1. Go to any bar on Sunday, heck even Eastside grill has a huge Steeler group and you see the black and gold everywhere. I'm not even a Steeler fan either.

If its one place I have seen Seahawk jerseys is at Red Lion on University. There's 2 to 3 guys who walk around sporting Alexander jerseys on sundays. Maybe you can start your fan club there.

Two great teams in this super bowl. But I gotta give an edge to the Steelers. They have faced a much tougher schedule than the Seahawks and are playing great football right now. The Steelers can turn high powered Offenses off. Seattle has an exciting D but they don't seem as physical as the Steelers. The battle of the lines will determine who wins this game. I admire Walter Jones, that is one hell of a player you got there.

Even if Seattle loses this game, they are a good bet to go back for 2 to 3 more superbowls. The NFC is weak (Chicago, NYG, Atlanta and Dallas are overrated) with only Carolina and Wash in any position to challenge) and the Seahawks are 21 million under the cap. So yes, Alexander can be signed easily and the core of the team (D. Jackson, Hasselback, Tatupu, Hutchinson) is just getting into their prime. Your fan club here will grow big time.

This game could come down to 3-5 plays. Two really good and evenly matched teams.

Steelers 26
                        Seahawks 20
                        Excuse me...read the thread it says "Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!"
                        You......go make anykine someplace else...

Comment

Originally posted by saigonwarrior

Thanks for the tip! Have to check it out there. Where on University is it?? I know there was a Red Roque bar at Puck's Alley, is that the same place??

I can understand about there being more Steeler fans because they have a much longer more decorated history....when they were winning championships, the seahawks were just being introduced into the NFL.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Have to check it out there. Where on University is it?? I know there was a Red Roque bar at Puck's Alley, is that the same place??

I can understand about there being more Steeler fans because they have a much longer more decorated history....when they were winning championships, the seahawks were just being introduced into the NFL.
                            Red Lions isn't actually "On University" it's off to the side. (Behind Burger King and Across from Varsity Theater)

Sounds like a good place to watch the game... upstairs and downstairs seating as well as cheap beer!

Comment

Red Lions isn't actually "On University" it's off to the side. (Behind Burger King and Across from Varsity Theater)

Sounds like a good place to watch the game... upstairs and downstairs seating as well as cheap beer!
                              Unless anyone has any objections, I think we should meet at Red Lions University on Super Bowl Sunday!!

Better to get this arrangement done early so we can get people there and put out the word maybe to the media if someone wants to do a press release...

Comment

Unless anyone has any objections, I think we should meet at Red Lions University on Super Bowl Sunday!!

Better to get this arrangement done early so we can get people there and put out the word maybe to the media if someone wants to do a press release...
                                If I hear that Red Lions is the place to be for Seahawks fan somewhere outside of Hawaiithreads....then I'll be there!

Comment

Working...
                                X