Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    If I hear that Red Lions is the place to be for Seahawks fan somewhere outside of Hawaiithreads....then I'll be there!

====================
    | HAWAIITHREADS |
    ====================
    |
    |
    |--------------> We should meet at Red Lions!!

ok, that was outside hawaiithreads heh. jk!! If you hear of another place let me know so I can go too!! I want to be with other fellow members of the 12th man to watch our team shock the world and win the superbowl!!

Comment

I'm not taking sides, but I ran across this description of the new Seahawks logo:

http://pfarley.livejournal.com/83684.html

Complete with images. Warning: it also praises the simplicity of the Steelers' logo.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick
        ====================
        | HAWAIITHREADS |
        ====================
        |
        |
        |--------------> We should meet at Red Lions!!

ok, that was outside hawaiithreads heh. jk!! If you hear of another place let me know so I can go too!! I want to be with other fellow members of the 12th man to watch our team shock the world and win the superbowl!!
        yo Kittrick...

Was that your posting on craigslist regarding the Seahawks.?

Just wondering...

Comment

Red Lions isn't actually "On University" it's off to the side. (Behind Burger King and Across from Varsity Theater)

Sounds like a good place to watch the game... upstairs and downstairs seating as well as cheap beer!
          Red Lion's took over the old Bedroq's on Coyne St.

Comment

If you've got access to the Advertiser, today, down at the bottom of the sports page next to the Trivia question, there's a guy's phone number and e-mail address. He's trying to put together a Seahawks group similar to the one the Steelers' local fans have.

Just FYI.

Comment

yo Kittrick...

Was that your posting on craigslist regarding the Seahawks.?

Just wondering...
              Yeah that was me heh. How did you guess?? Just trying to get the maximum amount of people I can find online to get together!

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                If you've got access to the Advertiser, today, down at the bottom of the sports page next to the Trivia question, there's a guy's phone number and e-mail address. He's trying to put together a Seahawks group similar to the one the Steelers' local fans have.

Just FYI.
                I emailed him and told him about this discussion thread. I'm sure he'll get more fans together being in the advertiser.

Comment

I thought about publishing his e-mail address, since it had already been in the paper, but the Advertiser's circulation is dwarfed by the Internets, so I thought he might not like it.

Comment

Yeah that was me heh. How did you guess?? Just trying to get the maximum amount of people I can find online to get together!
                    I could tell by the desperation in your writing....

Comment

I could tell by the desperation in your writing....

Desperation?? Not really. There is no way I think to get as many on board as the Steeler fans simply because of history. Plus, their club has existed for 5 years. I can live with that. It's just time is of the essence with just over a week to go to get as many people who are Seahawk fans together as possible that's all.

Comment

Stanley, the guy from the Advertiser article, sent me this as to the Seahawks Superbowl Party:

"I started the ball rolling contacted the TV stations. I told the
                        people who called me that we are going to meet at Dave and Buster's at 11AM
                        for the large Buffet and all the soft drinks you want to drink. Beer
                        you have to pay on your own. They are going to have many door prizes.
                        The cost is $50 a head. "

I should not hand out his number or email without his permission, but it is at the bottom of today's (1/27) Advertiser Sports section.

Comment

Stanley, the guy from the Advertiser article, sent me this as to the Seahawks Superbowl Party:

I should not hand out his number or email without his permission, but it is at the bottom of today's (1/27) Advertiser Sports section.
                          Dave and Busters????

I thought that place was dominated by STOOLER fans?

It has been for the last 10 weeks... there was an article in the paper even....

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...601230350.html

"The club used the old All-Star Cafe in Waikiki before settling on Dave & Buster's"

Comment

$50.00 just to get in??? That takes away from the Beer Money!!!

Red Lions = Free

Comment

Dave and Busters????

I thought that place was dominated by STOOLER fans?

It has been for the last 10 weeks... there was an article in the paper even....

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...601230350.html

"The club used the old All-Star Cafe in Waikiki before settling on Dave & Buster's"
                              I know, I emailed him about the article because I read it too...I want to go D&B, but I want to be with a partisan crowd....a Seahawk partisan crowd!! $50 is a lot of money I think too...so I will go Red Lions too probably...

Comment

12th Man Squabble

Besides facing the Steelers in Superbowl XL next weekend, the Seahawks will also have to fend off claims by Texas A&M that the Aggies "invented" the term 12th Man, which the Seahawk fans have been calling themselves ever since the inception of the franchise to denote their long-suffering loyalty.

The Aggies say they have a trademark on the term dating back to the 1920s. Well, I think the Aggies are being kinda petty because if they squared off with the Seahawks in a football game to determine who could use the name, the Aggies would get absolutely SQUISHED. The Aggies are a college team; the Seahawks are a pro team. They will never ever have to play each other, so what does Texas A&M want Seattle to do? The trademark says the name belongs to the Aggies where it pertains to "intercollegiate" sporting activities and products. Technically speaking, it doesn't say anything about a pro football team using the term. And according to the Seahawks, the fans, not the franchise were the ones who started using the term.

"..."I will say this," Lopes told the newspaper. "Our fans have been the folks that have run with the 12th man. It has not been the organization itself. We raise a flag with a 12 on it, it doesn't say 12th man or anything like that. We retired the jersey No. 12 many, many years ago and we've always sort of kept it under that context.

"But, in terms of this whole 12th man derivative, if you will, that's occurred in the mass media and the public here locally. It has not been generated by the organization, per se."

But Steve Moore, A&M's chief marketing officer, said the school has seen Seahawks-themed "12th Man" merchandise and has no way to know whether the franchise itself is producing it.

The team's pro shop is sold out of No. 12 replica game jerseys and No. 12 flags and a fan Web site -- SeaHawkers.org -- offers downloadable computer desktop wallpaper that reads: "At Home We are the 12th Man" and "On the Road We are the 12th Man."

"In the normal course of action, once someone becomes aware of it and they understand that you have a registered trademark, normally they cease," said Steve Moore, A&M's chief marketing officer. "In this case, they have chosen not to, but we are still hopeful that they will, quite frankly." ..."

Miulang
                                Last edited by Miulang; January 28, 2006, 01:26 PM.
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X