Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Well, Shaun, Matt and the rest of the team are now on their way to Detroit. The fans in Seattle gave them a rousing farewell earlier this morning...there must have been at least 10-11,000 screaming fans at Qwest Field (more were outside the gates) when they stopped by enroute to Boeing Field to hop on their chartered jet.

This morning's Seattle Times has more news about the Seahawks.

Miulang

P.S. That "Seattle Seahawk" hot dog that's on eBay right now with a current bid of > $10k originally cost the seller a little less than $6. If you want a shrink wrapped dog for your personal collection, I'll sell you one for about $6 + postage and handling. But you have to wait for yours until next season. I wonder what kind of certificate of authenticity you get for $10k? bahahaha!
    Last edited by Miulang; January 29, 2006, 09:24 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

One week away!

Hope to see you all at Red Lion.

GO HAWKS!!

Comment

Anyone see the white car running around town with the following sign
        in it's window?

"Parking for Seahawks fan's only"

Give me a shaka if you see me

Another question??? Anyone know anybody in Hawaii that is going to the Superbowl in Detroit?

Comment

Re: 12th Man Squabble Continues...

Originally posted by Miulang
          Besides facing the Steelers in Superbowl XL next weekend, the Seahawks will also have to fend off claims by Texas A&M that the Aggies "invented" the term 12th Man, which the Seahawk fans have been calling themselves ever since the inception of the franchise to denote their long-suffering loyalty.
          Texas A&M has now filed an injunction to prevent Seattle Seahawks fans from referring to themselves as "The 12th Man".

I wonder if they would have made this much of a ruckus if we weren't going to be in the Superbowl next Sunday?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Texas A&M has now filed an injunction to prevent Seattle Seahawks fans from referring to themselves as "The 12th Man".

I wonder if they would have made this much of a ruckus if we weren't going to be in the Superbowl next Sunday?

Miulang
            I really think this whole "12th man" thing is kind of stupid...so I thought I rant about this real quick....

I agree with Miulang...

If Texas "Z & Y" had such a big issue with the usage of Seattle using the 12th man phrase...then why didn't they say anything about it 15 years ago when the Seahawks sucked...however, we still used the phrase 12th man...and even eventually retired the #12 Jersey.

That is kind of what inspired the whole 12th man for us Seahawk fans... We didn't care.... Win/Lose/Tie... We were crazy about our hawks...

You didn't see Texax "Z&Y" complaining when Seattle fans were still using the phrase 12th man when Seattle was having losing records.

Only now they complain....

Let it rest already... I feel it's almost as ridiculous as Paris Hilton Copyrighting the phrase "that's hot"....

Copyrighting phrases that are common is a whole different issue... however, I just wanted to rant about why I feel Texas "Z&Y" should just hush right now and allow Seattle to have the Glory with the 12th man phrase...(and yes...they did originate it...however... let Seattle have it for a year)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Anyone see the white car running around town with the following sign
              in it's window?

"Parking for Seahawks fan's only"

Give me a shaka if you see me

Another question??? Anyone know anybody in Hawaii that is going to the Superbowl in Detroit?

I WISH!! I spent all of my money on getting tickets for the NFC Championship game in Seattle. I think if we form an organized Seahawks club, we should all go next year to a game or two in Seattle....there's nothing like it!

Comment

I really think this whole "12th man" thing is kind of stupid...so I thought I rant about this real quick....

I agree with Miulang...

If Texas "Z & Y" had such a big issue with the usage of Seattle using the 12th man phrase...then why didn't they say anything about it 15 years ago when the Seahawks sucked...however, we still used the phrase 12th man...and even eventually retired the #12 Jersey.

That is kind of what inspired the whole 12th man for us Seahawk fans... We didn't care.... Win/Lose/Tie... We were crazy about our hawks...

You didn't see Texax "Z&Y" complaining when Seattle fans were still using the phrase 12th man when Seattle was having losing records.

Only now they complain....

Let it rest already... I feel it's almost as ridiculous as Paris Hilton Copyrighting the phrase "that's hot"....

Copyrighting phrases that are common is a whole different issue... however, I just wanted to rant about why I feel Texas "Z&Y" should just hush right now and allow Seattle to have the Glory with the 12th man phrase...(and yes...they did originate it...however... let Seattle have it for a year)
                The organization itself doesn't really call it the "12th man" anyways. During the games at Quest field, they always phrase it like "we celebrate you, the fan" instead of any mention of a "12th man". This 12th man hubbub is silly. My wife and I talked it over, and we concluded that Texas A&M may be having financial problems and that they may be trying to shake the pockets of the Seahawks or Paul Allen. I bet this whole thing goes away in a flash if Paul Allen snaps his fingers and either a huge donation goes to Texas A&M or a giant building suddenly appears there.

Retiring the number 12 and flying a number 12 flag raised by a famous person before each game to celebrate the fans was a brilliant marketing move because it incites the crowd into being louder because they feel like they are a part of the team. There are plenty of fans who do buy #12 jerseys with "Fan" on the back.

See you guys at Red Lions this sunday!! what time should we all shoot to be there?? gametime is 1:30....

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick
                  we concluded that Texas A&M may be having financial problems and that they may be trying to shake the pockets of the Seahawks or Paul Allen. I bet this whole thing goes away in a flash if Paul Allen snaps his fingers and either a huge donation goes to Texas A&M or a giant building suddenly appears there.
                  Circling the internet today:
                  Feb 1, 2006 (Seattle)
                  Paul Allen today announced that he has purchased Texas A&M University for $1.2 billion and will be soon closing the University and turning the property into a park with a few mixed used buildings.

Initial plans call for an executive par 3 golf course for the homeless, two Starbucks coffee shops, a Whole Foods grocery store, and a condominium project. The park is to be called "The Commons At College Station" and construction will begin at the close of this semester.

Students will be transferred to a few other colleges in Texas but, primarily to Washington State University where they will have a 'similar college experience'.

At a press conference today, Paul Allen apologized for any temporary student inconvenience and said "This ought to end any controversy about the '12th Man'."

Comment

Hey Hawks fans...

Let's beat the Stooler fans in the Starbulletins Superbowl bowl...

Tight race right now in the polls.

So far 339 Votes total...

173 for Pittsburg
                    166 for Seattle...

Lets turn the tide on the Starbulletins poll...

www.starbulletin.com (the poll is on the left hand side)
                    It will only let you vote once....

Thanks Hawks fans!!!!

Comment

• Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Hey Hawks fans...

173 for Pittsburg
                      166 for Seattle...

Thanks Hawks fans!!!!

I voted...GO SEAHAWKS!!

Comment

I VOTED ~ Seahawks!

A. Pittsburgh Steelers 194 50.00%
                        B. Seattle Seahawks 194 50.00%

Total votes: 388

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick
                          I voted...GO SEAHAWKS!!
                          Now you need to tell all your other hawk fans to vote...

this Poll is just way to close!

Comment

Hey Hawks fans...

173 for Pittsburg
                            166 for Seattle...

Thanks Hawks fans!!!!
                            Hawk fans!!! We are representing!!!

See the polls for yourself!

Comment

I voted Seahawks currently its 209-199 in favor of the Hawks.
                              Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Close poll with good results! My vote is in...GO SEAHAWKS!!!
                                Tatupu will smear 'um like pupu!
                                Last edited by Pikake; February 2, 2006, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X