Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you know how to cook?

Originally posted by tutusue
    I know how to cook! Not gourmet style but fast and tasty! I refuse to cook for one, tho', so tend to cook 'in bulk', loading up the freezers at home and in the office. Yikes...I have to get back to work but 3 of my faves are:

Breakfast brownie
    Crustless quiche...it's not a quiche but I don't know what else to call it!
    Turkey soup

You call it a "Fritatta" and enjoy the delicious taste! I love to cook and often cook just for myself. Some favorites are:

anything in my little crock pot
    Pasta with a fresh tomato sauce - all fresh ingredients, a little white wine. a lot of fresh garlic & basil and its great.
    baked chicken with polenta/parmesan cheese
    chicken fajitas
    Lime/cilantro/garlic BBQ chicken

Cooking the meal is almost as much pleasure for me as eating it - I'm just a frustrated chef.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

If you have Gmail, the Gmail spam folder links recipes using spam *g*

Comment

Anybody can cook. It's called the grill. Practice cooking at your local Yakiniku restaurant, just in case you mess up, you get another chance by going back for more food. You overcook your food, that's okay, there is another round. Clean up is good too ... just pay the bill and let them remove the char broiled stain on top of the grill. Really, does anybody know how to take off those char broiled black marks after BBQing? Those Korean Yakiniku restaurants do a really good job with it all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          Really, does anybody know how to take off those char broiled black marks after BBQing?
          Aluminum foil. Crumple some up into a ball about the size of a tennis ball, then scrub. (Doesn't even take much scrubbing effort.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yup, dat works pretty good, but not as clean as some finer Korean BBQ restaurants. They clean 'um really good ... like you went buy 'um from Walmart in the box. Really clean!!! I don't know how they get 'um that clean, but somebody told me that they sent their kids out in the back to scrub all night with the soap and the brush.

No wonders dey get plenty kids. That's what I did when I was small ... work restaurant as family delivery boy. My tip was a small Icee ... that's when it was 15-cents!!!

Comment

Pumice stones. They scrub off all kinds of burnt-on gunk.

Comment

another easy way to get it all off: Easy-Off Oven Spray. You spray that stuff all over the object, stick the object in a plastic bag, close it up tight, leave it overnight, and hose it all down the next morning.

This works great on burnt-on stains on Pyrex, too. Don't try it on nonstick stuff or anything with a finish.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Das bess way to clean dirty grills and no cause headache. Take it out, put it in the rubbish. Go to Home Improvement, Costco, City Mill, Longs Drugs, or wherevers and purchase new ones.

End of lecture.

A cook.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
                    have you ever tried spam kelaguen? you probably have. try makin sometime. heres how...

get 1 can of spam , chop it up into small pieces..

(or you can just smash it up with your hands until its in a million bite size pieces)

get about half a cup of lemon , than put salt and peppers until it tastes good.. its mostly eaten with , of course , rice
                    As the world's undisputed number one consumer of SPAM per capita (Hawaii is tops in the U.S. states), Guam is home to one of the more creative SPAM cooking contests. Prize winning SPAM recipes.

Comment

Working...
                    X