Star Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Jones

For the love of god......can't someone make her stop? Just stop. Please.

Re: Star Jones

Originally posted by Lalalinder
    For the love of god......can't someone make her stop? Just stop. Please.
    ...maybe she has an illness. There's got to be an explanation for the excessive weight loss she has gone through. Sure, she was losing pounds right before her wedding and after but to go over board to this extreme for such a celebrity as herself...I don't think so.

With the amount of money and advisors she has, I would hope and pray that they "would" put some sense into her before it's too late.

I pray she gets better.

Autnie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      ...maybe she has an illness. There's got to be an explanation for the excessive weight loss she has gone through. Sure, she was losing pounds right before her wedding and after but to go over board to this extreme for such a celebrity as herself...I don't think so.

With the amount of money and advisors she has, I would hope and pray that they "would" put some sense into her before it's too late.

I pray she gets better.

Autnie Lynn
      You are so sweet Auntie, you make me feel ashamed for being so negative.

I was actually just annoyed by her self-absorbed behavior in general. Of course she has had the bypass surgery, but is being coy about it while making the talk show rounds to push her new book.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
        I was actually just annoyed by her self-absorbed behavior in general.
        I've never liked her. She drove me nuts when she covered the OJ Simpson trial back in the day. Or when she constantly talked about her wedding on The View. I know a lot of brides are obsessed, but come on! Also, when she did Red Carpet for E!, she'd spend more time talking about herself and her sketchy husband than to the guests.

Here's a funny timeline of Star Jones' transformation:

http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.co...beforeaf_1.jpg

Comment

Having only been forced to watch "The View" a couple of times (my dad has a ginormous crush on Meredith Vieira), I can state that Star annoys the living crap out of me.

But.

I visit a few celebrity gossip forums and the level of vitriol visible on Star's various threads is just alarming. I think if Star were a guy, she'd be "quirky" and "opinionated" whereas complete strangers on the web call her names I don't even want to repeat. It seems like an application of the same old double standard. Except for the wedding thing. That was just outrageously tacky.

I love that Gallery of The Absurd place, Tiabla. That guy/girl is talented.

Comment

I agree with Kilinahe. At first, Star was something I thought television needed: A smart, strong, beautiful, heavy woman who didn't make apologies for her size because apologies weren't necessary (this role was later assumed by Mother Love, whom I just, well, love, but she's off TV now).

Tracy Morgan's impressions of her on SNL were so great because Tracy (as Star) was always reminding you that she was a lawyer, and Star didn't spend nearly that much time reminding the audience in real-life, but you could never really get that out of your head. I think that says something important.

But then she turned into what she's become, and I find it sad. I find it even sadder the fury the public seems to have unleashed upon her. She has invited a lot of it, but certainly not like this, and I think it's because she's a smart Black woman. People laugh at Paris Hilton. They loathe Star Jones.

And yeah. Someone make her stop.
            Last edited by scrivener; January 11, 2006, 09:37 PM. Reason: "keep on-a rockin' me baby..."
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You make a good point Scrivener, we laugh at the idiot Paris, and loathe the smart Black woman. But we do that because I think we expected a lot more from the "smart Black woman".

Comment

Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  I think it's because she's a smart Black woman.
                  I first encountered her when she did talk radio in Los Angeles. I've not seen her on TV but she struck me as the most ignorant talk jock I had ever heard. Maybe there's another standard for smart when you're the right color and shape for those attempting to give the appearance of inclusion.
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Star Jones' contract on The View was not renewed. It'll be interesting to see what she does next.

Comment

Working...
                    X