Ultimate Fighting & MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Grove & Ultimate Fighting

There is a rumor circulating throughout the fight underground that BJ seperated a rib late in the 2nd while trying to submit Matt. So far just rumor...

.....but it makes sense. BJ looked like a corpse coming out of his corner in the third. Total meltdown. Being the proud owner of a permanently floating rib, I can tell ya that when it happened, it hurt like heck and it was very, very difficult to breathe through it. Not getting any air is going to throw your game off fer sure.

Not an excuse, Hughes won the fight, but this helps explains things a little better.
    Last edited by nachodaddy; September 24, 2006, 06:19 AM.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy

Oh, Hughes is still an * hole with the post fight comments, however he still has the belt.

It was a pleasure to watch BJ work his magic for two rounds, sucks it ended this way.

Agreed. Hughes should have been more gracious in victory caused he could have easily lost to Penn. Had Penn a little more stamina, he would've beaten Hughes again.

Comment

There is a rumor circulating throughout the fight underground that BJ seperated a rib late in the 2nd while trying to submit Matt. So far just rumor...

Wow, that explains a lot.

If they were to fight again, what little money I have would be on Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
          Wow, that explains a lot.

If they were to fight again, what little money I have would be on Penn.
          Was not comfortable with betting on Penn this time even at +175.

Made money on Guillard, Sanchez and and Griffin. The undercard.

Lost money by betting on The Crow, Pulver, and Lambert.

Overall, lost a little coin.......

Comment

BJ Penn

I was cheering for BJ, but that 3rd round was just terrible.

Originally Posted by nachodaddy

Oh, Hughes is still an * hole with the post fight comments, however he still has the belt.
            I have to disagree with this. Hughes isn't an * hole. Matt is always gracious in victory just look at his previous fights with gracie, trigg, newton, and sherk. Penn was the one that was acting like wanderlei silva. But if someone was pushing my buttons and not even giving respects, then heck yah I'd put an exlamation mark on my victory by telling everyone that I won.

But Matt isn't like that at all. He's very humble. He was asked by the UFC to talk some trash to hype any fight that he gets. Even what GSP said, was uncharacteristic of him, he was just trying to hype the next fight up. Kinda like Ali.

Anyways, I liked swick altho he gassed in the last round. I really like Guillard, he's a fighter that should get the winner of the florian/ sherk fight.

'nuff said.
            I usually follow the crowd .... except, when they're going the WRONG WAY!

Comment

CroCop

U right nachos!

September 12th, 2006 12:28 AM
              Originally posted by nachosdaddy

Cro-Cop did a good job keeping the fight on the feet and controlling distance, effectively rendering Silva's Muy Thai useless.
              Funny thing is, I thought at first CroCop was afraid of getting punched or what not. But then as I continued watching, it appeared CroCop was more precise with his strikes while silva wanted to throw for the fences. I think for silva melee fighting is more his style. Since CroCop is more specific with his strikes he avoided an all out punch fest with silva, which I think is very smart. He picked apart silva like he was some dude off the street.

Good fight, too bad about BJ. ‘nuff said.

Comment

Re: MMA News

Liddell is toast.......
                hardly....I suspect the fight will never take place since Silva got the fudge knocked out of him in his last bout.

Comment

Re: MMA News

Originally posted by kealiinaauao
                  Actually, your right 'hungry.' I was listening to an interview at work online with josh barnett, and he said that he got paid more in 1 fight for pride than the whole time he was at UFC.

But I don't think that's fair, especially since MMA was a relatively new thing back in 93 to 02. MMA was under siege by the likes of opportunistic politicans hoping to make themselves the good guys by banning the sport. And the UFC just started becoming profitable because of accepting regulation and legal issues that exist here in the US. In Japan, there's no such obstacles that need to be overcome. Japan and Brazil had these no holds barred fights as well as mixed martial arts fighting well before this concept caught on in the US. So the UFC is getting bigger and able to get new viewership.

But for right now, Pride is definitely more of a cash cow then UFC. But time will tell.
                  K-1 is the same as PRIDE! They pay more because of where they take place mostly(Japan).

Comment

Ribs and BJ

Posted on Sherdog.com

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=5705

The ribs on the right side of B.J. Penn (Pictures)'s body were injured while he seized UFC champion Matt Hughes (Pictures)' back in the second round of Saturday's title fight, the welterweight challenger revealed on his Web site, BJPenn.com, late Sunday
                    I didn't believe this theory mentioned above cuz shamrock pulled the same thing. But now that BJ has officially come out and say what was wrong, now the 3rd round is more believable. Unable to breathe and get strength from the core is crucial in MMA. Everything comes from the core. But BJ is one tuff SOB, I kept watching the fight to see a wince or even an indication that his ribs were hurting, but he didn't show it. What a warrior.

'nuff said.

Comment

• Ribs and BJ

Posted on Sherdog.com

http://www.bjpenn.com/

The ribs on the right side of B.J. Penn body were injured while he seized UFC champion Matt Hughes back in the second round of Saturday's title fight, the welterweight challenger revealed on his Web site, BJPenn.com, late Sunday
                      I didn't believe this theory mentioned above cuz shamrock pulled the same thing. But now that BJ has officially come out and say what was wrong, now the 3rd round is more believable. Unable to breathe and get strength from the core is crucial in MMA. Everything comes from the core. But BJ is one tuff SOB, I kept watching the fight to see a wince or even an indication that his ribs were hurting, but he didn't show it. What a warrior.

'nuff said.

Comment

• Re: Ribs and BJ

I'm glad I read BJ's website, was kinda bummed about the way it ended. I couldn't believe the huges passed BJ's guard!! after reading the website, it made a lot more sense!!

Much respect to the Hilo boy!!!!!!
                        "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Comment

• Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

Tonight (October 10) on SpikeTV at 8pm.

Go, Tito!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

I hope they show Maui's own...........

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=918

LMAO "I'm broke, my car just overheated, I ain't got no car"
                            Last edited by nachodaddy; October 10, 2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Kendall will more than likely be in Tito's corner for the fight...

FYI, we get the West Coast feed of Spike, so the fights start at 5 p.m. Hawaii time. Tune in at 8 p.m. and you'll get some weak awards show.

Gonna be fun watching Tito dismantle Shamrock. Gonna be even more fun watching Liddell pick Tito apart when those two face off at the end of the year.

Anyone else see Tito and Shamrock jawing at each other on Quite Frankly last night?

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                                I hope they show Maui's own...........

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=918

LMAO "I'm broke, my car just overheated, I ain't got no car"
                                Nacho, if you was on Oahu...I'd glady give you Manerva!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X