X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Fighting & MMA

Originally posted by stevo75 View Post
    chuck was definately knocked out.
    Yeah, the ref made the right call. I think Chuck would have gotten more of a beating from Rampage if it wasn't stopped. They got a tuff job, trying to prevent unneeded injuries and maintain the acceptance of the sport. A lot harder calls than in boxing.

Comment

I agree that it was a close call whether or not to stop it, but I think once Chuck has seen the replays and sees his unfocused eyes, he'll clearly agree.
      He wasn't knocked clear out, but he was sure close to it.
      Good call by the ref. (Big John McCarthy, as I recall.)
      I'd like to see Lidell-Rampage 3.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

As a big Chuck fan I was disappointed to see the result of the fight. Even worse, I had rampage fans in the house howling like idiots for what seemed like hours after the fight ended. Nothing worse than the opposition rubbing it in. I'd like to see a rematch but wouldnt mind seeing jackson vs henderson or even silva vs jackson.

Comment

Chuck went limp... the boy was out. It's like one punch knocked him out, and the next one woke him up.

Great fight card, top to bottom! Always fun to watch Parisyan, Din Thomas did well, as did Kalib Starnes. And how about that Houston Alexander? Holy moley! Watch out for that guy.

The future Henderson/Jackson fight looks to be good, too. But does anybody know where I can see the Henderson/Silva fight? The highlights of Wanderlei on his back getting KTFO look wicked!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            And how about that Houston Alexander? Holy moley! Watch out for that guy.
            That was the best fight of the night! Another interesting fighter in the light heavy weight division. Plus we finally are getting to see some of the PRIDE fighters in the UFC. Yes a lot of future matches to look forward to.

MMA - still doesn't pay as much as boxing.

PURSES

Quinton Rampage Jackson - $225,000 def. Chuck Liddell - $500,000
            Karo Parisyan - $32,000 def. Josh Burkman - $7,000
            Terry Martin - $12,000 def. Ivan Salaverry - $17,500
            Houston Alexander - $8,000 def. Keith Jardine - $7,000
            Kalib Starnes - $10,000 def. Chris Leben - $10,000
            Thiago Silva - $16,000 def. James Irvin - $7,000
            Alan Belcher - $14,000 def. Sean Salmon - $3,000
            Din Thomas - $28,000 def. Jeremy Stephens - $3,000
            Wilson Gouveia - $16,000 def. Carmelo Marrero - $5,000

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
              I'd like to see a rematch but wouldnt mind seeing jackson vs henderson or even silva vs jackson.
              They brought Hendo out at the PPV. Jackson vs. Henderson is going to happen.

Originally posted by GnosticWarrior View Post
              PURSES

Quinton Rampage Jackson - $225,000 def. Chuck Liddell - $500,000
              Actually, Jackson got paid $450,000. He received a bonus of $225,000 for winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Actually, Jackson got paid $450,000. He received a bonus of $225,000 for winning the fight.
                Thanks for the clarification. It was a cut and paste from Wikipedia, maybe that's why I got it wrong.

Comment

Anybody going to O Lounge tonight to watch the fights?
                  http://808fightshop.com/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=26

I'll be there with P.K. His brother, Willie and nephew, Royce are fighting tonight.

Should be mighty interesting and Bloody!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

anybody watch the most recent TUF episode? Rudeboy is another Hawaiian who kicks ass and represents!

My favorite line "I goin bring da tunda"

He brought it all right. Dropped that pencil pushing engineer like a sack of molasses. In slo mo.

Second favorite part was the chinese kung fu imitations. Totally non-pc but it was hilarious. I'm looking forward to big entertainment from Rudeboy going forward.

Comment

BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson for the UFC Interim Lightweight Championship today. I'll put comment in spoilers in case you didn't watch it live.

BJ Penn wins via rear naked choke in the second round! Congratulations BJ! Now BJ joins The Natural as the only guys in UFC history to win titles in two different weight classes. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                        I'll put comment in spoilers in case you didn't watch it live.
                        THANK YOU for doing that, Paul!!! The show aired live at 10am but I was out on the ocean and just now got back so I can watch the 5pm replay, starting in a few minutes.
                        If I was a betting man, my money would definitely be on Penn.
                        Hilo! Represent!
                        And Kendall Grove is on the card too. TWO Hawaiians... fighting on the same card... in England. Heh.
                        Last edited by LikaNui; January 19, 2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I'm on Maui, quite a disappointment with GROVE's loss.

But,

BJ PENN! I could hear shouts of victory from 'round the corner! I avoided the internet since 10 a.m. so as not to get any spoilers. The extent of my MMA interest lies with Hawai'i ties.
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Shocked about Kendall Grove, but stoked about BJ Penn!
                            Had to love Penn's entrance into the ring. House lights went down, Bruddah IZ comes blasting out of the rafters with "E Ala E" as Penn made the long walk from the locker room and into the arena. They had time to play the whole song. Cool! Hope it made some new IZ fans there in England, and those who watched on TV too.
                            Not surprising to see Penn and his boys all wearing Kau Inoa t-shirts as they entered the ring, since he's done that TV commercial recently and is the latest celebrity to say "I placed my name."
                            He beat a good opponent and deserved the win. Next up, Sean Sherk, the deposed champ. Fight's supposed to be in June. I predict BJ will win again.

Comment

Okay all you Ultimate Fighting & MMA fans...anyone heard of Howard Liu of HCK? I knew nothing about the sport. He's taught me much. Guess he's right about it being very popular on the islands.
                              NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X