Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighting & MMA

Default Re: Ribs and BJ

I'm glad I read BJ's website, was kinda bummed about the way it ended. I couldn't believe the huges passed BJ's guard!! after reading the website, it made a lot more sense!!

Much respect to the Hilo boy!!!!!!
    "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Default Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

Tonight (October 10) on SpikeTV at 8pm.

Go, Tito!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Default Re: Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock III

I hope they show Maui's own...........

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=918

LMAO "I'm broke, my car just overheated, I ain't got no car"
    Last edited by nachodaddy; October 10th, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Kendall will more than likely be in Tito's corner for the fight...

FYI, we get the West Coast feed of Spike, so the fights start at 5 p.m. Hawaii time. Tune in at 8 p.m. and you'll get some weak awards show.

Gonna be fun watching Tito dismantle Shamrock. Gonna be even more fun watching Liddell pick Tito apart when those two face off at the end of the year.

Anyone else see Tito and Shamrock jawing at each other on Quite Frankly last night?

Quote Originally Posted by nachodaddy View Post
    I hope they show Maui's own...........

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=918

LMAO "I'm broke, my car just overheated, I ain't got no car"
    Nacho, if you was on Oahu...I'd glady give you Manerva!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Nacho, if you was on Oahu...I'd glady give you Manerva!

Auntie Lynn

Auntie;

No....not me.....I got cars and they all work. Thanks from the bottom of my heart but no need.

Kendall said in the interview that he is pretty laid back until the fight but when he steps in the ring it is all business. Hence, his motivations to do well. Made me laugh.

I gotta share a story. Wat's new?

My son came over one day. He was talking to me about the fights. He was excited. I didn't say nuttin. Den he realized who he was talking to...Mommy! Mommy don't like "fights!"

I told him it was ok. I understood. He was a man just like his dad who loved the Sport.

Thanks guys for opening my eyes once again.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Palolo Joe View Post
    FYI, we get the West Coast feed of Spike, so the fights start at 5 p.m. Hawaii time. Tune in at 8 p.m. and you'll get some weak awards show.
    Hmmm. I wondered about that this morning, so I looked at the schedule on Oceanic's website. Went to the TV listings, selected SpikeTV, then scrolled through. They show it as airing at 8pm.

In any case, I'll be home by 5 and will be checking Spike at the top of each hour to make sure I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Hmmm. I wondered about that this morning, so I looked at the schedule on Oceanic's website. Went to the TV listings, selected SpikeTV, then scrolled through. They show it as airing at 8pm.

In any case, I'll be home by 5 and will be checking Spike at the top of each hour to make sure I don't miss it.
    5 p.m. and it just got started... holy crap, and Kendall is FIGHTING? I didn't know that!

If you think about it, an 8 p.m. start time in Hawaii means that it would be airing live on the East Coast at 2 a.m.

Makes more sense for the start time to be 8 p.m. on the West Coast, 11 p.m. on the East Coast... and 5 p.m. in Hawaii.

Thanks for the reminder PJ...

I didn't know kendall was fighting either...

It's 9:00 here and got done watching it about an hour ago, not going to give any details to spoil it for anyone but it was great to watch!
    Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Quote Originally Posted by localgrl View Post
    It's 9:00 here and got done watching it about an hour ago, not going to give any details to spoil it for anyone but it was great to watch!
    ah heck...they saying it's "live" here in Hawaii...with no "Previously taped" bug!

I was thinking...damn these fights are happening late in Florida!

Here goes Kendall!

So it wasn't live? Ahahaha... oh well. Wish we could have seen it live at what... 2 p.m. then?

Great night for Team Punishment, regardless...

Thanks for pointing that out Localgrl.

Anyone wanna bet when the PPV will start on Saturday?

Kendall is FIGHTING? I didn't know that!
    Neither did I. And, apparently, neither did the other fans here on HT. Poor marketing job.
    Loved the results, though. Everyone I wanted to win, won.
    Interesting interaction after Ortiz-Shamrock. Good sportsmanship, perhaps, but it seemed a bit 'scripted'.
    All in all, good show.

Taped the fight and watched it early this morning. Good stuff. I respect Shamrock, but have never liked him much. Ortiz made short work of him, but that was to be expected, I guess. Shamrock's pretty old and I really hope this is his last match.

Gonna be even more fun watching Liddell pick Tito apart when those two face off at the end of the year.
    Can't argue with that. Liddel should smack Tito around pretty easily, in their rematch. Entertainment, at its finest.

Default UFC Showings

I'm moving out to Maui in three months with my girlfriend and her father. Her father is moving out there next month, his flight is for November 13th...five days before Matt Hughes fights St. Pierre. My question is are there any bars in Maui that show the UFC pay-per-view fights at all?

Default Re: UFC Showings

Quote Originally Posted by pttymcgee View Post
    I'm moving out to Maui in three months with my girlfriend and her father. Her father is moving out there next month, his flight is for November 13th...five days before Matt Hughes fights St. Pierre. My question is are there any bars in Maui that show the UFC pay-per-view fights at all?
    You said he's moving to Kihei, right? There aren't any sports bars like you can find on the Mainland with lots of big screen TVs (after all, most people like their sports outside, not sitting inside a bar in Hawai'i ) but he can try this place in Kihei.

Miulang

Default Re: Ultimate Fighting & MMA

Didn't expect to see an MMA thread on this board.

Anyone catch the Pride Las Vegas show last night?

Fedor v Coleman was the headliner

Randleman v Shogun was another feature matchup

Barnett v Some Polish Juduoka

Lawler v Some guy who got his ass kicked

Overall I was pretty psyched to see a card that featured the MW GP Champ and the HW Champ. Pride is going to raise the MMA bar for the UFC. I hope to see an annual "superbowl" of MMA each year where the champs from each organization square off every new years.

Anyone hear about the RIOT in Hilo last weekend after the Fights at the Civic?
    He's sure the crowd was pumped up from the "Beatdown II" martial arts event held earlier that night at the Hilo Civic Auditorium....

"I'd say there were 15 police cars," he said. "They all got out and they looked like a platoon. I saw a beer bottle shatter on the roof of a police car. Rocks hit a parked SUV."
    "Because there were so many people, we probably didn't pick up as many as we should have. We didn't have the manpower," Miyamoto said. "It started at 3 a.m. and I couldn't release my guys until 5:30 a.m. It took two and a half hours for us to disperse enough people to say it was safe for us to leave the area."

The mood was reminiscent of an incident 16 years ago where one Hilo officer died, Miyamoto said.
    http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local01.txt
    The comments below the article are kind of scary too!

The "riot" took place hours after the fights ended.

From the same story:

Others say similar incidents involving fights and rowdiness are all too common on the horseshoe-shaped strip of bayfront hotels, condos and eateries.

"Sometimes the road is filled with people," said one Reeds Bay resident who withheld his name. "They stop traffic, there's so many of them out there beefing it up. I don't even get up anymore."

Added Spicer: "They also had some rowdiness down here about a month ago. Cops had a guy down here; an ambulance was fixing him up. They were all pumped up on ice. Someone went home and got the cousins. That was when it got rowdy."
    Brawling is normal for the area. It happens frequently, even when there are no MMA events taking place.

Here's another interesting passage, including quotes from the owner of the bar where the latest brawl took place:

He said he and the hotel operators have also pressed the county for a police substation on Banyan, where the unsafe atmosphere keeps tourists indoors at night.

"Every hotel has offered free space for the substation. I said right in front of my door would be a great spot. The county hasn't done anything," he said.

Takahashi said he complies with noise ordinances and makes every effort to be a good neighbor. He said he had conferred with his head of security and believed the scene had been staged.

"They were all at another club saying if we didn't let them in, they were going to start a riot. I want to press charges, but they were never in my club," he said.

Takahashi said he has already complied with community requests for soundproofing and more security.

"We've done everything people have asked," he said. "I'd love to listen to the community if they have any more suggestions."
    Sounds like the problem is with drugged-up drunk idiots... not holding MMA events on the island.

Oahu used to have problems with brawling at the Blaisdell and nearby parking lots... thanks to efforts by the various promoters and HPD, things have really calmed down in the past year or two.

A rebel doesn't care about the facts. All he wants to do is yell... Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight.
    Proverbs 18:2, 17

I used to live in the Condo's right next to Shooters...the Country Club Condo's.

Banyan Drive was not like this when I left Hilo in '97.

Most of the people that conglamorate in that area NOW are actually from out of Hilo town and have no other places to hang out after hours...

The problem lies more with the fact that there is not enough bars and/or things for people to do in Hilo at times.... so what do they do...they drive around...go party party... Drink and Drive...etc... then when nothing better to do... or run out of Alcohol...(cause Alcohol sales do end at 11:00 in Hilo..) they want to go into an establishment and have a drink.... there are only maybe 3-4 places to go to after hours in Hilo and some 2000 plus drinkers during an event like this....

You said it best that Blaisdell had the problem of fights and it has now mellowed out.... Big Island just started having MMA recently and having bouts at the civic....Instead of Beefing inside of the Civic ... they are told to take there problems elsewhere.... thus, allowing them not to be so associated with fighting because of MMA at the civic... Kind of like "take it outside" however, it tends to spill down onto banyan drive...which is less than a 1/4 mile from the Civic... The Alcohol, Combined with I'm sure some Drugs, as well as Stupidity... as WELL as the "Fighters Mentality" that many MMA artists have along with their "POSSE" can create some chaos....

Remember what happened outside of Zanzabar with BJ PENN here on OAHU?

Anyone remember back in about 1999 when MMA fighters were targeting UH Football players to "pick" fights with...?

Default Ufc 65???

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to watch the UFC 65 fights this Saturday on Maui. I've been looking all around the internet and can't find a thing. Thanks all!

I guess your next best bet is going to be to start calling the bars around town.

Depending on where your staying, you might be able to order it on PPV.

In case anyone forgot... UFC 65: Bad Intentions gets started at 5 p.m.

Gonna be good to see Tim Sylvia back in action... and I hope GSP upsets Hughes to win the title...

... and I hope GSP upsets Hughes to win the title...

Hope is a powerful thing. About as powerful as a left high kick upside the head. GSP went Cro Cop on Hughes....... War GSP!!!!!

Will we get the rubber match between Hughes and GSP first or will BJ heal in time for a rematch with GSP?

Edit: Actually Serra gets the first shot at GSP. He needs to work on his standup or it will be a first round TKO. If GSP can stalemate BJ on the ground, Serra better stay on his feet.
    Last edited by nachodaddy; November 18th, 2006 at 08:17 PM. Reason: serra

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast