Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaiian Cement Negotiations

Originally posted by D'Alani
    Yeah what's up with this? Haven't heard anything of what happened after the three representatives from the International came down to investigate Mel and some of the going ons at the union office. I think Mel feels that a threat of a strike is his best weapon and that's a shame. The cost of the co pay is manini as compared to not only what they make annually but also to what most others pay for lesser coverage. But I'm glad they reached an agreement and avoided a strike.

from what i know offhand, it was during campaign time and Mel was using work hours to campaign when he wasn't supposed to, one of the business agents reported it and is well no longer a business agent, after that several business agents including one that had a power position also went against Mel. (didn't realize that so many people had a strong dislik for Mel) that was one of the investigations done. wonder if he gets ousted, who would take his place? also why didn't miek chambrella run for the union presidency???

Comment

Working...
    X