Beer Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Ice Cream

It had to happen...someone made a Guinness Beer Ice Cream . Brilliant!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Beer Ice Cream

I suppose if Pyramid Ale can put Starbucks coffee in one of its brews, Guinness can make stout ice cream!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

In John Steinbeck's Cannery Row, the main character one day goes into a diner and orders a beer milkshake. He's feeling sorta angry about something, and this is, believe it or not, a kind of important moment in the story, since he is such a predictable fellow.

He didn't like it much.

If you haven't read this great novel, please do yourself a favor and read it. Then let's talk about it!
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I've made beer and I've made ice cream but I've never made beer flavored ice cream before. I've never made ice cream flavored beer either.

Comment

I've tried beer floats. I figured, if a root beer float is good, then why not a regular beer float? Nope, didn't work. All I got was milky tasting beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            I suppose if Pyramid Ale can put Starbucks coffee in one of its brews, Guinness can make stout ice cream!
            Gosh. That means you'd want to stay awake and fall sleep all at the same time. Sounds like instant trauma to the brain.

Actually, after reading the recipe in the original link, it sounds like this Guiness (stout) Ice Cream just might taste pretty good.

Heck, if the Iron Chefs can make Squid Ink Ice Cream, why not beer?
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

oO(beer float?!?)

chruckdhuckgaHAAACCCK!

Somebody hold my hair! PrettypleasaaawwwkkgahaHAha-huuuh-akahaAACCK

pax

Comment

I think the Guinness ice cream would work better if you deep sixed the molasses. Having that cloying taste of molasses in my mouth on top of the richness of the other ingredients would probably turn me green around the gills too.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  I think the Guinness ice cream would work better if you deep sixed the molasses. Having that cloying taste of molasses in my mouth on top of the richness of the other ingredients would probably turn me green around the gills too.

Miulang
                  You are pixelating the recipe waaaaay too much, my dear. Its akin to dissecting bile.

Back away. Don't do it. Just wash the beer ice cream down the sink and pretend the whoooole thing never happened.

pax

Comment

I've had beers that had definite hints of ice-cream flavor; Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout comes to mind, and there are a few others (probably at least another Samuel Smith's). Guinness is pretty thick and creamy anyway -- did you know that in some glasses, you can see the bubbles going downward through the stout? It's that viscous. Guinness-flavored ice cream does not seem so outrageous if you like your beer thick and creamy.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      I've had beers that had definite hints of ice-cream flavor; Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout comes to mind, and there are a few others (probably at least another Samuel Smith's). Guinness is pretty thick and creamy anyway -- did you know that in some glasses, you can see the bubbles going downward through the stout? It's that viscous. Guinness-flavored ice cream does not seem so outrageous if you like your beer thick and creamy.

eeeeeeeekkkkkkkthisthreadisspoookingmeoooouuuutttt !!!!!!!!!

pax

Comment

ROFL! Pua! If I had an ice cream maker, I might attempt to make this recipe, sans the molasses (just to say I did it once---lucky for you, I don't have an ice cream machine! ). I happen to LIKE Guinness (from the tap, not from those stupid pressurized cans). The amount of Guinness in proportion to the other ingredients is pretty minimal, so I think there would be an "insouciance" of Guinness flavor without the bitterness. The taste of molasses would make me hork, though. I might want to add a 'skosh more sugar to replace the molasses though.

The amount of Starbucks coffee in the Pyramid Porter is minimal too, because I can't even taste the coffee...it just kinda adds "body".

Miulang

Comment

Hey, now you can sneak beer into places where they won't allow it

Aloha stadium anyone?
                          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                            Hey, now you can sneak beer into places where they won't allow it
                            Ohhhh man that's sooooooooooooo funny! I need to find out who makes it to put on my show!!!
                            <G>
                            http://www.bartenderphd.com
                            http://wwwmyspace.com/bartenderphd

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraScoop
                              I've made beer and I've made ice cream but I've never made beer flavored ice cream before. I've never made ice cream flavored beer either.
                              But I've consumed beer and ice cream and regretted it the next day...BBBBBucket please!!!
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X