Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

Originally posted by LikaNui
    I meant to add that I thought Meatloaf and also Dionne Warwick were pretty bad.
    But the vignettes with Wolfgang Puck and Kelly (sp?) Pickler were hilarious!
    I thought something weird was going on with Meatloaf. His voice was horrible, and I thought at one point Katharine seemed a bit scared of him. Also, did you notice that huge flat note Dionne Warwick had right at the end of her song. And what was up with Mary J. Blige?? She was all kinds of rude. As for Prince, he is still the skinny twerp with the silly outfits. But as for Kellie and Puck... They were great together. Kellie's a natural with comedy. I wish you all could have heard Clay Aiken sing an entire song alone. I swear he had a far better voice than any of this season's idols.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
      I thought something weird was going on with Meatloaf. His voice was horrible, and I thought at one point Katharine seemed a bit scared of him.
      Yes, and did you notice how much he was shaking? Parkinson's disease, perhaps?

Also, did you notice that huge flat note Dionne Warwick had right at the end of her song.
      Couldn't miss it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
        I thought something weird was going on with Meatloaf. His voice was horrible, and I thought at one point Katharine seemed a bit scared of him. Also, did you notice that huge flat note Dionne Warwick had right at the end of her song. And what was up with Mary J. Blige?? She was all kinds of rude. As for Prince, he is still the skinny twerp with the silly outfits. But as for Kellie and Puck... They were great together. Kellie's a natural with comedy. I wish you all could have heard Clay Aiken sing an entire song alone. I swear he had a far better voice than any of this season's idols.
        All vocalists have their off nights and off notes. But Dionne's last note was, ummm, a doozey!

I didn't know 'til the next day that that was Clay Aiken who surprised Michael Whatshisname! Talk about a makeover!!! I didn't come close to recognizing him. But, yah, whatta voice.

MJB was the epitome of rudeness.

Comment

Working...
        X