American Idol Season Five (2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

Just to explain about the Amazon ranking, since it's been several days and his albums are now out of the top 10--his 4 albums were ranked at number 4, 5, 6 and 7 on Amazon last week.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

My favorites tonight were Chris, Elliot, and Katherine. Kellie Pickler has to go! It's amazing how far her cuteness and personality have taken her. Everytime I hear Taylor sing I keep wishing for him to be a better singer. I really want him to have an awesome, Michael McDonald type voice. Unfortunately, though, he really shouldn't still be there IMO. He just doesn't have the vocal chops. He reminds me of that guy who sings a lot of movie songs--he sang the ones for Toy Story. That guy doesn't have a perfect voice either; maybe there is hope for Taylor after all.

Anyway... according to dialidol.com, and without the West Coast votes in, here are their predictions:
      Bottom 3: Katherine, Kellie, Paris--with Paris being eliminated. The top 3 are, respectively, Taylor, Chris, and then Elliot. Taylor has been ranked #1 for most of the weeks. I expect him to win it in the end.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

My hunch about the producers leaning towards a male AI winner this season seems to have been magnified this week. I detected a positive *over*-reaction by the judges to Chris and Elliot. I think both did a great job but it seems to me that the judges are trying to sway the viewers.

To my untrained ear, Taylor was the worst performer tonight...Chris, the best.

My daughter has tickets to tomorrow night's show. I'll be anxious to hear what she has to say.

Comment

01 Katherine OFF! 6/10
          92 Elliot Not Bad 8/10
          03 Kellie Dying Dog! 7/10
          04 Paris A little over the top 8/10
          05 Taylor needed more ooommp! 8/10
          06 Chris Better than the rest 9/10

If I had to vote someone off it would be Katherine or Kellie IMHO!

Tried voting and got "ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY" for everyone.......this has gotta be rigged...... is this a X-Files anyone?

Comment

Yeah I like Chris and the under-rated Elliott.

Comment

Spoilers from tonight:
              Bottom 2 are Kellie & Paris--Kellie is eliminated.
              - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I don't think Kellie ever stood a chance due to her genre and resemblance to last year's winner, Carrie Underwood...cute, blond, country. Nope, I can't imagine the producers allowing that!

Comment

Next week should be good. They sing two songs each, one from the year they were born, the other from the current Billboard Charts.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    I don't think Kellie ever stood a chance due to her genre and resemblance to last year's winner, Carrie Underwood...cute, blond, country. Nope, I can't imagine the producers allowing that!
                    Her genre? Do you mean "gender"?

I disagree. She was their early favorite, and I liked her too. But she had to go last night after her last two performances.

I really like cute bald guy. And quirky grey-haired guy. White soul boy's voice is too warbly for me, but he seems like a nice kid, so I'd be OK with it if he won. Booby girl sings really well but her whole life is perfect, so I don't want her to win. Paris is an amazing singer (and will only get better!), probably the best of them all if you include her ability to emote and not just stand there robotically.

Comment

• Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

Did anyone else notice that Paula Abdul seemed like she's right on the verge of a major nervous breakdown? She was flat-out scary. I hope she'll be okay.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        Paris is an amazing singer (and will only get better!), probably the best of them all if you include her ability to emote and not just stand there robotically.
                        I 100% concur. Paris is miles ahead of the others in talent. Someone will sign her as soon as she's a free agent. Guaranteed.

For the sake of balance, it appears the producers, judges and voters? are leaning toward a guy winning this year. If that's the case, I sure hope it's Chris.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                          I 100% concur. Paris is miles ahead of the others in talent. Someone will sign her as soon as she's a free agent. Guaranteed.

For the sake of balance, it appears the producers, judges and voters? are leaning toward a guy winning this year. If that's the case, I sure hope it's Chris.
                          My bet is on Chris. He's the most marketable and I, too, feel the producers will do what they can to make sure a guy wins.

Paris is still my favorite, tho'!

Comment

As of 8 p.m. PT, here's what dialidol.com is predicting:
                            Ranked 1 to 5, respectively: Taylor, Chris, Elliot, Katherine, Paris
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I predict Kathryn will take home the AI title this year.
                              She is very talented as are all remaining contestants, but she is the total package
                              Last edited by Jojosdad; May 2, 2006, 07:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Chris's first song and Katherine's second song gave me chickenskin. I still love Paris. Elliot did ok. Taylor just doesn't do it for me...which means he'll probably win!

Comment

Working...
                                X