This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFVE, Hawaii's CW?

Now that the WB and UPN are combining to form one network, should we expect it's programming to be on KFVE?
    I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Re: KFVE, Hawaii's CW?

Kind of ironic since at one point in the past KFVE was doing both WB and UPN shows. As far as the future is concerned, I don't know. It would be nice if they did but I suspect KFVE's airing of sports events might preempted CW network shows more frequently if the CW network has more shows to air then just what WB did.

Comment

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060124/nytu143.html?.v=43

Press Release Source: CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment Form New 5th Broadcast Network
      Tuesday January 24, 11:19 am ET
      Each Company to Hold 50% Interest In The CW Television Network
      Tribune Broadcasting and CBS Corporation Stations Agree to 10-Year Affiliation Agreements Covering 48% of the Country
      New Television Network to Utilize the Best Programming from CBS Corporation and Warner Bros.
      Dawn Ostroff Is Tapped as President of Entertainment at The New Network; John Maatta Will Be Chief Operating Officer
      The WB and UPN to Cease Operations in September 2006
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Wait, so will this be like the other networks? And will this bring in more viewers, potentially putting Raycom Media into a situation like Emmis?

(if I remember correctly, either Raycom is excepted from that rule, or KFVE is too small or something like that)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Check out the latest on Erika Engle's The Buzz

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/08/business/engle.html

Comment

So, no "CW" affiliate set for Honolulu, and when the WB and UPN go dark in September, KFVE will that month light up as the new "My Network TV" affiliate.

All-original prime time programming, 8-10 p.m., Monday through Friday? Pretty ambitious for a startup network. Some of the shows don't sound like they'll be anything but guilty pleasures, but hell, other networks have made their fortunes on such outings.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652
              Check out the latest on Erika Engle's The Buzz

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/08/business/engle.html
              Thanks for the link.
              I want Ed on Blu-ray/DVD

Comment

Would the next question be whether or not KIKU is going to become CW? What would be the future for Japanese programming if this happens? Maybe KIKU can become a Network station and former KHON employees can run it.

Comment

Working...
                X