Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case is no Mink, but is USraeli patsie

foolish heart: "But what about Sen Akaka? Who has had a lengthy talk with him one on one?"

pbs Hawai'i aired lengthy interviews of both Akaka and Case last night around the time of your posting.

Too bad you missed Case laying on his hogwash about his being of the same fine leadership in the line of U.S. Congressional leaders from Hawaii. One thing that is certain: Case does not even begin to match up to Patsy Mink !! Instead Case is most definitely another USraeli patsie of the variety that puts the United States in the hind pocket of militant Zionism in the Middle East.
    Last edited by waioli kai; January 31, 2006, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Re: Case is no Mink, but is USraeli patsie

Originally posted by waioli kai
      foolish heart: "But what about Sen Akaka? Who has had a lengthy talk with him one on one?"

pbs Hawai'i aired lengthy interviews of both Akaka and Case last night around the time of your posting. Too bad you missed Case laying on his hogwash about his being of the same fine leadership in the the line of U.S. Congressional leaders of Hawaii. One thing that is certain: Case does not even begin to match up to Patsy Mink !! But Case is most definitely another another USraeli patsie.
      waioli kai, you got it all wrong. take a look at your reputation points. wow! you're the first ever @ hawaiithreads.com to ever achieve that feat. you went over the scales!! you're da USreli patsie!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        waioli kai, you got it all wrong.
        I have this strange feeling that I might agree from time to time with waioli kai's points --- I just have a hard time understanding them...

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          waioli kai, you got it all wrong. take a look at your reputation points. wow! you're the first ever @ hawaiithreads.com to ever achieve that feat. you went over the scales!! you're da USreli patsie!

Auntie Lynn
          In the long running "reputation point" thread in this forum one could go back to the discussion that began with a question along the line of: "... what is that 'reputation thing-a-mijiggle' option ?'." Up until that time the option had been used by almost no poster, therefore it was hardly abused either. With a

Comment

Originally posted by waioli kai

In the long running "reputation point" thread in this forum one could go back to the discussion that began with a question along the line of: "... what is that 'reputation thing-a-mijiggle' option ?'." Up until that time the option had been used by almost no poster, therefore it was hardly abused either. With a
            Eh, im a one greenah?

Sheeeesh, no respek.

Comment

color on elections nights' gameboard shows of democracy

.1stwahine: "... you got it all wrong. take a look at your reputation points. wow! you're the first ever @ hawaiithreads.com to ever achieve that feat. you went over the scales!

In the long running "reputation point" thread in this forum one could go back to the discussion that began with a question along the line of: "... what is that 'reputation thing-a-mijiggle option ?'." Up until that time the option had been used by almost no poster, therefore it was hardly abused either. Why can't I be green and you be red? afterall, red is the 'conservative', anti-communist, anti-anti-terrorUSt" American right" ..as in US's Middle East "America, Right or Wrong!!.. color on elections nights' gameboard shows of democracy in action, US's way. US's corporatist, militarist, corruptionests' way.
              Last edited by waioli kai; January 31, 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Re: Case versus Akaka

Originally posted by foolish heart
                Ya'll don't know me..I am new

But let me ask this: how many of you have ever met either man in person and had a chance to chat with them one on one?
                I have, again just recently, met with both Case and Akaka and talked at length (more than an hour each). It's part of my job. But I don't discuss that type of thing in HT. It wouldn't be appropriate. It's one reason I usually stay out of the political threads.

I will say this: Both are decent, hard-working people doing what they believe is best for Hawaii.
                Last edited by MadAzza; January 31, 2006, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  I have, again just recently, met with both Case and Akaka and talked at length (more than an hour each). It's part of my job. But I don't discuss that type of thing in HT. It wouldn't be appropriate. It's one reason I usually stay out of the political threads.

I will say this: Both are decent, hard-working people doing what they believe is best for Hawaii.
                  This is a silly response. You don't discuss it but you just did. So which is it. Do you discuss it or not? You must be a journalist with that kind of intellect.

Both are decent and hard working? Yeah,........ So....? Their opinions are what matters when they are going to be a SENATOR of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Both can be decent and hardworking but differ completely on important issues.

I really don't know what you thought you would contribute to this thread other than the opportunity to let everyone know that you're some type of bigshot journalist or whatever.

I've met many decent and hardworking people who think they know whats best for Hawaii and I wouldn't trust them with anything beyond feeding, F%(*ing and Fleeing.

Aloha

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                    A man of strong but silent opinions. Cold. Calculated. Serious.
                    A great chess player.

Not warm or chummy. CEO type.

A young Dick Cheney.

But I've only met him once. Very brief. So don't take my impression as fact.
                    I met Case twice. Once in a personal, and once in a professional setting. Based on that, I would say your assessment is pretty accurate. The Cheney part is a stretch. If you mean because of who Case is married to and his stint with Sparky Matsunaga, then I see the comparison.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                      This is a silly response. You don't discuss it but you just did. So which is it. Do you discuss it or not? You must be a journalist with that kind of intellect.

Both are decent and hard working? Yeah,........ So....? Their opinions are what matters when they are going to be a SENATOR of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Both can be decent and hardworking but differ completely on important issues.

I really don't know what you thought you would contribute to this thread other than the opportunity to let everyone know that you're some type of bigshot journalist or whatever.

I've met many decent and hardworking people who think they know whats best for Hawaii and I wouldn't trust them with anything beyond feeding, F%(*ing and Fleeing.

Aloha
                      "Aloha" ... nice. Class, the word for today is "irony." Who wants to explain it to Kamuelakea? Now, don't all raise your hands at once!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        "Aloha" ... nice. Class, the word for today is "irony." Who wants to explain it to Kamuelakea? Now, don't all raise your hands at once!

No need explain honey. I'm not here to make friends. If you don't like me, give me a red gum. I no keah. I juss call um like I see um.

If you were offended by my 3Fs, then you probably never heard of the term. It's actually a biological term with a humorous spin. I didn't make it up. It describes the basic biological activity of the simplest creatures. That's the point but apparently it went over your head.

No worry journalist, I go slow and explain for you.

OH, and you won't believe this but I accused you of "must be a journalist" before I checked you profile and saw that in fact you are a "journalist". No neeed believe but pretty good eh?
                        Last edited by kamuelakea; February 3, 2006, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Oh yeah, now that is a brilliantly logical reason to not vote for someone.

<shaking head in amazement>
                          its worth thinking about if he says "hi" to people all around you but not you. we were all seated on benches and queued order of the people makes the snub even more noticable. it was "hi", "hi" "hi", nothing then "hi", "hi", "hi". he just skipped me. if he can't be cordial in-person then why should i consider him?

besides which, i already said akaka is still in office and he doesn't need a replacement. so being snubbed isn't the main reason. it just didn't help in the overall case.
                          Last edited by i-hungry; February 9, 2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Hmmm Case v Akaka.... I say Case will win. He would have been governor if the Dems hadn't been so busy kowtowing to seniority to remember that seniority doesn't count for crap if you don't win the office. Instead we got Mazie.... What a mistake that was. She's smart and a pretty nice person, but not gubernatorial material. Funny that sounds a lot like Akaka, except he got lucky and was HANDED the seat rather than having to fight for it. Plus when it comes down to it if Case wins the primary he will get Sen. Inouye's support because the guy is too much of a consummate politician to do otherwise. Basically Case is our only shot at another powerful Senator, Akaka certainly isn't one and never will be, Abercrombie? Give me a break, he doesn't get any respect in the House, what makes him think he'll get any in the Senate? When it really comes down to it Akaka hasn't had to run a campaign in... I don't even remember how long.... Whereas Case has recent experience in contested campaigns. It all adds up to the writing on the wall for Akaka, hey maybe he can go for Case's House seat, but then he would still lose to Hanabusa who is making noises in that direction.

Just my thoughts, feel free to comment or criticize

Jewlipino

Comment

Originally posted by Jewlipino
                              Basically Case is our only shot at another powerful Senator, Akaka certainly isn't one and never will be, Abercrombie? Give me a break, he doesn't get any respect in the House, what makes him think he'll get any in the Senate? When it really comes down to it Akaka hasn't had to run a campaign in... I don't even remember how long.... Whereas Case has recent experience in contested campaigns. It all adds up to the writing on the wall for Akaka, hey maybe he can go for Case's House seat, but then he would still lose to Hanabusa who is making noises in that direction.
                              I think you have a basic grasp of the situation, but it’s important to identify the other elements at play here:

1. The main reason Case has an advantage here is because he can appeal to the AJA and haole vote. His family (on his wife’s side) runs deep into the Democratic Old Boy Network. The editorial by Walter Chun on hawaiireporter.com entitled “Congressman Case Stands Up to the Good Old Boys” made me laugh. Obviously, Chun has no clue who those Old Boys are.

2. If Akaka can rally the Native Hawaiian vote and the Union vote, Case will be in trouble. Neither of these constituencies likes Case very much, and he has done little to support either one of them, despite being a Democrat.

3. Akaka would rather retire than run for Case’s house seat. At his age, the main reason he’s still on Capitol Hill is to pass the bill that bears his name.

4. Case is not running because Akaka is old. He’s running because he stands to lose too much if he waits. By the time Inouye’s seat is up in 2010, another heavyweight, Linda Lingle would be waiting in the wings to run against Case in addition to Abercrombie.

5. It’s true Hanabusa could beat any candidate currently interested in Case’s seat. If Akaka ran, however, the Old Boy network would orchestrate Hanabusa’s loss as they have done in the past.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

I agree those are all major factors. Especially the part about the old boy network. Everyone should know (and I'm saying it right now in case they don't) that Case would have never made a move if he didn't already have the support of a good portion of the network on his side. It'll be interesting to see who declares for him running up to the election.

Jewlipino

Comment

Working...
                                X