Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the last thing you killed?

Originally posted by dick
    Not raise an issue here, but why is there a Star Of David on the chest of slickvic's cockroach animation?
    wow i didnt even notice! i did a search for an animated roach, and this dude popped up.

trips eh?

-vic
    Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

Robbed of its context, I hadn't noticed either. Now that you point it out, the image is clearly an intentionally offensive caricature. This is a good example of one of the pitfalls of image searching... I shudder to think what kind of website that image was created for.

The safest bet? Only post images you own or created yourself. If you have to "borrow," be careful. (And it couldn't hurt to leave "animated" out, either... I've yet to see a good animated web graphic.)

Comment

My most recent? A pimple... dang thing's corpse is still present. Revenge I guess. But previously, the brave adventurer survived an attack of the giant mosquito in the dreaded bathroom during a shaving expedition. Caught it without squishing it and then submerged the beast under hot water and shaving creme. It floated to the top and twitched a couple of times before succumbing to death. I hastily completed my journey and removed all traces of my dastardly deed.

Comment

Today I found a nest of red ants in an old dead log which I decided to cut up and move. Dang things are hard to kill. Drowning didn't do the trick, so I used the can of black flag.

Comment

Like I was saying - I wasn't trying to make anything out of that star thing, but I was like, looking at it, and was thinking "dude, that's a Star of David." I was like, "whoa, that's off the hook." I figured it was something taken from somewhere, so I never even thought that slickvic might be making a commentary (don't take me wrong). Admin mentioned something about being careful about taking other images, (and again, don't take this wrong slick- this isn't a slam on you at all) but as someone who works in intellectual property, I find that it's important for all of us to remember that whatever we find on the internet is actually copyrighted material and cannot be appropriated for our own use (unless it's indicated for such use -- again slick I don't know the whole story, so I'm not suggesting anything...). I often have reservations about my photos being posted on the internet, just because people will rip it and do whatever they want with it. Watermarks help to a certain extent, but I find that posting them small at a very low resolution will inhibit people from making prints. Often people don't realize that (and I'm speaking as a photographer) we earn our livelihood from producing images. It's like asking a doctor for a free diagnosis, or a carpenter to hammer a few nails -- ah, you got a few nails, just pound 'em in... People often wonder why photographers charge so much for their services... if they only knew how incredibly expensive it is to purchase the equipment, plus there's the whole creative thing, too. I love the whole, "Oh, you just take pictures" line. I laugh everytime. Yeah, come along when everyone is running the other way, and you're running to the disaster... or you have 20 minutes to photograph, edit, caption, AND transmit at least three photos that at least 65,000 people (oops! did I boost circulation??) will see tomorrow with your name underneath them.

Sorry, this went off on a wild tangent. Forgive me, it's been a long week.

Comment

Does it count if I didn't kill it but hundreds of other ones were?

My folks were getting our yard in Mânoa Valley sprayed for 747's and all other sizes; I was in my room. Came out to the kitchen but didn't notice the door was slightly open for the electric cord to come through.

Huge kamikaze 747 comes flying through the door, down the back of my shirt... there I was, shrieking and jumping all over. Read the full story
              The only good thing about it was that so many of his family was killed.
              Aloha,
              Mokihana

Comment

I had to kill a mouse that was in our house for a few years.

When my Mom complained about something moving in the toaster oven, I took it to the lanai to investigate. When I saw a mouse (actually, its tail), I took it downstairs and called our house cat. She came, and I let her sniff the oven, looking for the mouse. She found it, and she "pawed" it out, letting it run around the corner, until I blocked it. Then I grabbed a slipper (one of those bumbucha slippers) and smashed it. It took a couple of hits, but I killed it. Our cat sniffed it, and went away, probably because she wanted to kill it.

I washed the toaster oven, threw away the foil inside, and scrapped the remains of the mouse into the drainage canal at the back of our house.

That was the biggest thing I had to kill so far.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Timster

My worst nightmare in Mililani!

I stepped on the darn thing, and luckily I didn't get stung. Da buggah was AT LEAST 6"! No shizzle. I had the heebee-gee-bees after that.......I mutilated that buggah into multiple pieces.
                  Dang.....
                  I wish I was brave enough to do the same thing.
                  I came accross the same one, when I was living at
                  my other apartment, I almost jumped out of my skin.
                  Got the broom, & the scooper, & scooped it up,
                  & tossed it out on the road,
                  & hoped that it would get runned over.
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I recently killed one of these.... again.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                      I recently killed one of these.... again.
                      Good for you, mel!.
                      I figure, they are not a rare dying species.........
                      So, knock yourself, out!.........
                      you, & you, & you........
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

ho bra, was my old ladies gates bra

Comment

Speaking of mice, we had one commit suicide inside the exhaust pipe for a Jenn-Air stovetop range and grill a while back. The fan quit working, and when we took it apart, the body was jamming the blades. Charming, and quite smelly.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Does that count as the most recent?
                            - Well, my hubby & I went out to eat
                            for a saimin one night, next thing I knew,
                            I saw this gushy thing floating
                            on my soup, so I stabed it
                            with my chopsticks, then I
                            found out, it was just a
                            wunton.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Had to kill a bambucha flying roach last night! Does anyone think that the flying roaches are getting braver...they just zing right into your face now!
                              Retired Senior Member

Comment

I hate the giant flying B52 roaches. All should be killed.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X