Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the last thing you killed?

Default Re: Whats the last thing you killed?

I killed a friggen centipede yesterday. *flexing muscles and showing off the calabash bowl I used*

I'm applauding Leimamo's muscles....LOL. Not bad.....the calabash I mean.LOL

Well I took down one bag full of dead flies and replaced it. If i knew it was going to work this good I would have bought this type of fly trap 5 years ago. Only thing is it stinks. Smells really bad around it. Must be what attracts the flies.

I took down four more bags of dead flies. I decided to put up 12 more...lol.

Not raise an issue here, but why is there a Star Of David on the chest of slickvic's cockroach animation?

As for killing things, I think the last thing I actually killed was some weird bug walking on the wall in front of St. Andrew's Priory as I waited for photos for the graduation the other night. It was like this humungous ant-like thing wriggling its way into my cameras which were on the wall out front. I already got a dead bug in my 35-70, I didn't need another.

Needless to say, Jainism came into mind.

I hope I only stunned it.
    Last edited by dick; June 8th, 2004 at 01:13 AM.

Driving home from dinner, I ran over a redish colored snake. He was in the middle of my lane and didn't move till I ran over him. I checked my rear veiw mirror and saw another car run him over too.

Quote Originally Posted by dick
    Not raise an issue here, but why is there a Star Of David on the chest of slickvic's cockroach animation?
    wow i didnt even notice! i did a search for an animated roach, and this dude popped up.

trips eh?

-vic
    Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Robbed of its context, I hadn't noticed either. Now that you point it out, the image is clearly an intentionally offensive caricature. This is a good example of one of the pitfalls of image searching... I shudder to think what kind of website that image was created for.

The safest bet? Only post images you own or created yourself. If you have to "borrow," be careful. (And it couldn't hurt to leave "animated" out, either... I've yet to see a good animated web graphic.)

My most recent? A pimple... dang thing's corpse is still present. Revenge I guess. But previously, the brave adventurer survived an attack of the giant mosquito in the dreaded bathroom during a shaving expedition. Caught it without squishing it and then submerged the beast under hot water and shaving creme. It floated to the top and twitched a couple of times before succumbing to death. I hastily completed my journey and removed all traces of my dastardly deed.

Today I found a nest of red ants in an old dead log which I decided to cut up and move. Dang things are hard to kill. Drowning didn't do the trick, so I used the can of black flag.

Like I was saying - I wasn't trying to make anything out of that star thing, but I was like, looking at it, and was thinking "dude, that's a Star of David." I was like, "whoa, that's off the hook." I figured it was something taken from somewhere, so I never even thought that slickvic might be making a commentary (don't take me wrong). Admin mentioned something about being careful about taking other images, (and again, don't take this wrong slick- this isn't a slam on you at all) but as someone who works in intellectual property, I find that it's important for all of us to remember that whatever we find on the internet is actually copyrighted material and cannot be appropriated for our own use (unless it's indicated for such use -- again slick I don't know the whole story, so I'm not suggesting anything...). I often have reservations about my photos being posted on the internet, just because people will rip it and do whatever they want with it. Watermarks help to a certain extent, but I find that posting them small at a very low resolution will inhibit people from making prints. Often people don't realize that (and I'm speaking as a photographer) we earn our livelihood from producing images. It's like asking a doctor for a free diagnosis, or a carpenter to hammer a few nails -- ah, you got a few nails, just pound 'em in... People often wonder why photographers charge so much for their services... if they only knew how incredibly expensive it is to purchase the equipment, plus there's the whole creative thing, too. I love the whole, "Oh, you just take pictures" line. I laugh everytime. Yeah, come along when everyone is running the other way, and you're running to the disaster... or you have 20 minutes to photograph, edit, caption, AND transmit at least three photos that at least 65,000 people (oops! did I boost circulation??) will see tomorrow with your name underneath them.

Sorry, this went off on a wild tangent. Forgive me, it's been a long week.

Does it count if I didn't kill it but hundreds of other ones were?

My folks were getting our yard in Mānoa Valley sprayed for 747's and all other sizes; I was in my room. Came out to the kitchen but didn't notice the door was slightly open for the electric cord to come through.

Huge kamikaze 747 comes flying through the door, down the back of my shirt... there I was, shrieking and jumping all over. Read the full story
    The only good thing about it was that so many of his family was killed.
    Aloha,
    Mokihana

I had to kill a mouse that was in our house for a few years.

When my Mom complained about something moving in the toaster oven, I took it to the lanai to investigate. When I saw a mouse (actually, its tail), I took it downstairs and called our house cat. She came, and I let her sniff the oven, looking for the mouse. She found it, and she "pawed" it out, letting it run around the corner, until I blocked it. Then I grabbed a slipper (one of those bumbucha slippers) and smashed it. It took a couple of hits, but I killed it. Our cat sniffed it, and went away, probably because she wanted to kill it.

I washed the toaster oven, threw away the foil inside, and scrapped the remains of the mouse into the drainage canal at the back of our house.

That was the biggest thing I had to kill so far.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Quote Originally Posted by Timster

My worst nightmare in Mililani!

I stepped on the darn thing, and luckily I didn't get stung. Da buggah was AT LEAST 6"! No shizzle. I had the heebee-gee-bees after that.......I mutilated that buggah into multiple pieces.
    Dang.....
    I wish I was brave enough to do the same thing.
    I came accross the same one, when I was living at
    my other apartment, I almost jumped out of my skin.
    Got the broom, & the scooper, & scooped it up,
    & tossed it out on the road,
    & hoped that it would get runned over.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

I recently killed one of these.... again.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mel
    I recently killed one of these.... again.
    Good for you, mel!.
    I figure, they are not a rare dying species.........
    So, knock yourself, out!.........
    you, & you, & you........
    Aches & Pains

Talking Re: Whats the last thing you killed?

ho bra, was my old ladies gates bra

Speaking of mice, we had one commit suicide inside the exhaust pipe for a Jenn-Air stovetop range and grill a while back. The fan quit working, and when we took it apart, the body was jamming the blades. Charming, and quite smelly.

Does that count as the most recent?
    - Well, my hubby & I went out to eat
    for a saimin one night, next thing I knew,
    I saw this gushy thing floating
    on my soup, so I stabed it
    with my chopsticks, then I
    found out, it was just a
    wunton.
    Aches & Pains

Had to kill a bambucha flying roach last night! Does anyone think that the flying roaches are getting braver...they just zing right into your face now!
    Retired Senior Member

I hate the giant flying B52 roaches. All should be killed.

Monday night I noticed a B52 (or 747) roach that seemed to have died of a natural causes. It wasn't smashed or anything but there was a small puddle of goo off to one side.

A swift stomp with a slippah is a natural cause for a roach!

Maybe it fell off a ledge and since it was too heavy to fly, it crashed on the floor.

Either that or an ant shot it. Saw a bunch of them going over the body.

This reminds me of a time when I was a student at UH Hilo many years ago. Seen three of those big red fire ants haul off a roach (not a big one at that) on it's back.

Last night, our downstairs kitchen was filled with roaches. My Mom and my brother sprayed the area and they came out, gasping for air.

The people who lived there before us didn't care to clean up, so the roaches lived there for a year.

Anyone knows a good extermination company that'll spray and get rid of the roaches once and for all? The hard part is that we're doing renovations to turn the area into a care home, and the only part that needs spraying is the kitchen.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Speaking of bugs....
    Can any one tell me how to get rid of
    Roaches & Ants immediately without all that chemicals?.

I can safely say that when I say......
    I am very much tired of all these ants & roaches
    that keeps inviting themselves without the invitations!.

I am sure everyone here agrees with me.
    Aches & Pains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast